RMN SECRET SANTA 2013~ [SPECULATION CENTRAL!]

PMs have been sent. If you didn't get yours or have any questions at all, let me know either via PM or in the thread here~

I'll be around sporadically so if I don't get back to you right away don't stress. I'll try to check at least once a day for PMs.

Looking forward to seeing how everyone does! Remember to send me via PM your gifts and not to put them up on the site until at least the 26th. Videos either unlisted or uploaded to a random site with no hint of your name~

Oh, and no telling who you are Santa of! It's a secret~~~

Have fun!
edchuy
You the practice of self-promotion
I got your PM, plus an e-mail notification from RMN for it (this is the first time I have gotten the latter! Is this some sort of undocumented feature?).

I have already decided the game I'll work on for my giftee. Now it's a matter of playing it and deciding what the actual gift will be. I hope to get my gift done by this weekend, since I have to buy real gifts and visit family, before traveling the next one and wouldn't probably get it done in time if I left it until then (yes, bad Santa!).
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
PM gotten! I decided on a game, and have already started playing it too! I considered doing an accompanying video, but, meh.

@edchuy: Check your user settings and the state of the "Send me an e-mail when I receive a new PM." checkbox. If it's enabled, that's why you got the e-mail. Otherwise, it's... a bug?
Seiromem
I would have more makerscore If I did things.
Great, now I can't wait till Christmas to find out who my Santa is.
I can't wait until Christmas~

But, I'll probably end up procrastinating so Christmas take your time.
edchuy
author=Marrend
PM gotten! I decided on a game, and have already started playing it too! I considered doing an accompanying video, but, meh.

@edchuy: Check your user settings and the state of the "Send me an e-mail when I receive a new PM." checkbox. If it's enabled, that's why you got the e-mail. Otherwise, it's... a bug?

You're right! But then again, this is the first time I have ever gotten an e-mail when getting a PM, so maybe it wasn't working well before??? I'm probably going the same route as you, maybe ...
Dear Santa, this might seem like an odd request but please don't review, LT/LS Reincarnation/Re-Alistair/Momodora. Any other games that I have on my page but those ;~;
BurningTyger
Hm i Wonder if i can pul somethi goff here/
Whoops, missed the deadline this year. Oh well. I can still work on my part of Apon though.
Blobofgoo
Legs are a burden. Return to snek.
So...remember when I got banned last year over Secret Santa 2012? Those were good bad times...

I'm glad RMN does this every year. I missed it this year, but it's still a neat event to mesh Christmas with Gam Making. Good luck to all the Santas!
edchuy
Damn, I missed my chance to do finish my gift over the weekend. I'll probably just do a review, which I'll garnish later with some LPs videos when I have some free time.

So what was so bad you did last year Blobofgoo???
Blobofgoo
Legs are a burden. Return to snek.
Apparently my brother was my Secret Santa. And then later I got banned for having 2 accounts on the same IP address. Thankfully I was able to sort it out with Kentona over email.
Yeahhh... Last years Secret Santa was very... tumultuous. To say the least. Compared to it, this year is running really smoothly so far.

Touch wood!
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
author=Blobofgoo
Apparently my brother was my Secret Santa. And then later I got banned for having 2 accounts on the same IP address. Thankfully I was able to sort it out with Kentona over email.

I... don't remember this happening! Still, it's good to know that it was resolved.
edchuy
So it was a case of mistaken IP identity ... :P
author=Liberty
Yeahhh... Last years Secret Santa was very... tumultuous. To say the least. Compared to it, this year is running really smoothly so far.

Touch wood!

Quick!

edchuy
I was wondering whether anybody has already wrapped and delivered their "package" to Libby. I'll probably have to pull an all-nighter tonight to do my giftee some justice ... :P That way tomorrow I can get organized to travel on Sunday and don't have to worry about doing it last minute.
A few have. I meant to cross names off today but I had a lot of stuff to do irl. I'll start crossing names tomorrow instead.

That said, how's everyone doing with their presents? Almost done? Need another day? Let me know so I can plan, okay? ^.^
edchuy
Damn, I already requested Libby for an extension. Real life got in my way (I finally finished buying my gifts just yesterday afternoon). What really will suck for me is not having my work computer (they want me to leave it behind) and thus I will have to play the game and review the game on a computer I lend from a family member (you see, part of the issue is they have no idea of my involvement with RMN and RM gaming in general so having to explain it to them might prove a bit embarassing).

Anyway, hopefully I can squeeze in enough underground playtime (for example, after everybody has gone to sleep) and writing concentration to submit my gift of decent quality in time for it to be delivered. Otherwise, it would be an IOU, that I definitely hate giving to anyone ... :(
I have already finished my gift. It was indeed a very busy and difficult time to work on anything, but I'm happy about what I came up with. :) I hope the person likes it.

Btw, reviews are a very tricky gift. What if you don't like the game you played? It's hard to make a negative review as a gift.
That's why the option of and LP/LT exists. Also, the option of offering something else if you've a different idea as to what you want to give (a few people went that route).