DUNGEONS & DRAG-QUEENS: CAPED COSPLAY!

Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
Arandomgamemaker your Origins are:
1. Octopoid
EVEN IN A WORLD FULL OF FREAKS, IT'S THE PERSON WITH TENTACLES WHO CREEPS EVERYONE OUT.
You've had a hard life. That's okay, though. It turns out that tentacles are more than just scary-looking; they're also useful for teaching someone manners.

Appearance: You look human, except that your head is a cross between a human's and an octopus's. Oh, and did we mention the tentacles with the suction cups.

OCTOPOID TRAITS
Mutant Type: Intelligence; Bio; +2 Bio Overcharge
Skill Bonus (lvl 1): Gain a +4 bonus to Athletics checks.
Tentacles Galore (lvl 1): Gain a +1 bonus to AC and Will.
Octopoid Arms (lvl 1): Whenever a creature ends its turn adjacent to you, you can slide it 1 square as a free action.

2. Toxin
DRIP, DRIP, DRIP...
Your body is a cocktail of every poison known or unknown to man. Your body produces various toxins, both liquid and gaseous making you a hazard to every living thing. You tend to be not very physical because of your condition, and you put some weak poison in your food because you say it adds flavor. Just don't share with others.

Appearance: No notes, but the whole thing reminds me of purple ooze, or maybe Poison Ivy...?

TOXIN TRAITS
Mutant Type: Intelligence; Bio; +2 Bio overcharge
Skill Bonus (lvl 1): You gain a +4 to Science checks.
Only a Vessel (lvl 1): You have Resist 15 Poison.
Bug Legs (lvl 1): You have a +2 bonus to saves against being restrained.
Dudesoft
author=LockeZ
I don't know a lot about the world so I want to ask a few basic questions about the setting before figuring out my appearance, backstory, and personality.

- Is there much of a civilization in this post-apocalyptic world?
Yes. Civilization is a ram shamble affair in most parts of the world, except (in my game world) for Derelict City. Derelict is a giant hub of trade and city life, though the extreme nature of the world has caused it to become a severe deathtrap, where only the strong thrive. Outside that, survivors tend to live in small secluded towns.

- How long ago was the apocalypse? I need to know if it happened in my lifetime.
The apocalypse happened about 150 years ago. Technology is beginning to resurface, as are vehicles and deadly weapons...
- Is there magic?
Yes. The magic forces of this world are a hodgepodge of arcane spellcraft, gamma powers, alpha powers, and other cosmic forces you might find tapping into your soul...
- Are there gods? Demons?
Yes there are. In my game-world, there are gods and demons. You are actually living in the Dream-World of Gamma Terra. More on that later.
- How modern is the technology?
Technology is a mess. It is very much a scavenger world...

The official backstory from the book is this:

One hundred and fifty years have passed since the Big Mistake. Fluctuating times lines, lingering radiation and toxins, and strange creatures and technology transposed from alternate dimensions have combined to create a unique setting that any of the Ancients would think the height of unrealistic fantasy. But to the inhabitants of Gamma Terra, our fantasy is their reality.

No matter how bizarre the world, however, it still rests on a few principles.
"Human" is a broad term. Most inhabitants of Gamma Terra are human, with minor mutations. Most mutations are cosmetic, such as purple skin or distinctive head-wrinkles; a few are helpful, such as sensitive ears or cat eyes.

So is "mutant." People who have major mutations (those that qualify as powers) are considered mutants--especially the players' characters. Most player characters are mutants (or at least look like mutants). Attitudes towards mutants vary widely: Some people think they're cool, others revile them, and most don't care.

The world is lethal. In a postapocalyptic world, civilization exists in small pockets separated by dead wastes, monster-haunted ruinscapes, and tracts of land given over to alien growth from alternate worlds. Traders follow well-established routes, and only devil-may-care adventurers, members of cryptic alliances, and tribal raiders move far beyond their own encampments or settlements.

Wonders beckon. Fore all the world is dangerous, it's also wondrous. Even seeing through the lens of a shattered reality, the marvels of a thousand worldlines lie beyond the door, just waiting to be discovered!

Alpha flux happens. A small subset of the population that has just the right genetic or algorithmic predisposition can spontaneously manifest entire new mutant abilities by drawing on alternate worldlines.

Omega Tech is everywhere. Gamma Terra is littered with artifacts of advanced technology. People attribute all Omega Tech to the Ancients, but much of it actually originates in the numerous alternate worldlines. The most prominent forms of Omega Tech are the nanotech-based Xi items, photonic gear from the Ishtar, and offshoot technologies derived from Area 52.

You never know what you'll find. The world offers more than Omega Tech items to bold explorers. Ancient ruins are littered with all manner of interesting bric-a-brac just waiting to be found. This stuff, lovingly referred to as Ancient junk, is everywhere.

ABILITY SCORES
These are the basic stats you may or may not be familiar with from, say, making RPGs...
STRENGTH (STR) measures your character's physical power. This ability is important for characters who fight hand-to-hand using melee attacks. For example, how hard you wallop a raider with the stop sign you have a club is determined by your STR.

CONSTITUTION (CON) represents your character's health, stamina, and vital force. If you hope to absorb a large dose of radiation and live, you'd better have a high CON score.

DEXTERITY (DEX) measures hand-eye coordination, agility, reflexes, and balance. A high DEX score helps you when you find yourself navigating the rubble-strewn corridors of a collapsing skyscraper built by the Ancients.

INTELLIGENCE (INT) describes how well your character learns and reasons. Did you find a torch-grenade? A high INT score could be the difference between figuring out how to use it and disintegrating yourself accidentally.

WISDOM (WIS) measures your common sense, preception, self-discipline, and empathy. WIS allows you to notice details, sense danger and get a read on other people. It helps you recognize the difference between a plain old bush and a carnivorous lizard bush.

CHARISMA (CHA) measures your force of personality, persuasiveness, and leadership. If you're going to convince the nice woman in the Mark I Powered Armor pointing a fusion rifle at you not turn you into a flesh crater, a good CHA score is helpful.

Start by writing down a chart of these stats in abbreviation form; STR, CON, DEX, INT, WIS and CHA.
In the first Origin you received, there is a Mutant Type, followed by one of the Ability Scores.
Whichever one it says, for instance, "Intelligence" might be there, put 18 as your score next to the INT on your chart.
For the second Origin, put 16 for the second Mutant Type ability score.
Now you should have 2 of the 6 Ability Scores. Great! For the remaining 4 ability scores do the following:
-Roll 3d6 four times, and note the results. Reroll any and all 1's along the way.
-Place the four separate numbers into stats as you see fit. If you want to have high INT, and don't care as much about STR, put a higher number in INT. Pretty basic.

Now, since most of your characters are ready to go, let's move on. Let's get to gear and weapons!
The gear and weapon stats are all bare-bones. There are no categories like "Bronze Longsword" or "Elven Armor"...
Instead it boils down to picking which description best describes what your items are, and making up flavor to go with it. However, things like lightsabres or gravity boots---no. I will give you stuff like that. For starters you will have basic, straightforward equipment. No bonus stats.

ARMOR DETAILS
Each armor's description tells you if it's light armor, heavy armor, or a shield, and also tells you its bonus to your AC. Your AC benefits from only the largest armor bonus and the largest shield bonus at one time, so piling the mysterious trench coat over the riot gear won't boost your AC---though it does make you look like a badass.

Light Armor: Covering that still lets you move around --- protection you can run in. While wearing light armor, you add your Dexterity or Intelligence modifier to your AC. Examples: Leather dusters, umpire's padding sewn with chain links, shoulder pads and straps of steel-belted radials over your vital areas, or half a Kevlar vest.

Heavy Armor: Items that provide solid defense, even though you're a slowpoke. While wearing heavy armor, reduce your speed by 1. Examples: Riot gear, plate armor scavenged from a museum of history, coveralls sewn with pots and pans, or mechanic's overalls stuffed with lucky Bibles.

Shield: Something strapped to your arm that lets you deflect attacks. Wearing a shield takes one hand, and you can't use that hand for anything else. Examples: A yield sign with leather straps bolted on, a chunk of winter tire with a handle added, or a snowboard with straps.

ARMOR BONUSES
Light Armor +3 armor bonus to AC
Heavy Armor +7 armor bonus to AC
Shield +1 shield bonus to AC

WEAPON DETAILS
A weapon's description tells you which abilities you use when you attack with the weapon, the bonus you add to attacks you made with that weapon (weapon accuracy), and how much damage the weapon deals on a hit. When you use a weapon power {such a skill that requires a weapon, sword beam or something), the power uses to represent your weapon's damage. Whenever you see , replace it with the damage your weapon does. 2 means roll that damage die twice and add them together, 3 means roll it three times and add up the result, and so on. So, for example, if your weapon does 2d6 damage, 2 damage is 4d6.

Of course, if the weapon says it needs one or two hands, you need that many hands free to wield it. Unless you sprout a third arm, you can't pick up a big gun and still use that shield.
WHAT DOES IT LOOK LIKE?Ultimately, it's up to you to decide what form your weapons take. If you want your heavy two-handed melee weapon to be a cast-iron floor lamp that you found in a ruined furniture store, don't let anyone convince you otherwise.
Here are some examples of the various weapon categories that appear in the table.
Light Melee Weapon: This is an agile weapon that rewards a certain level of finesse in melee combat. Examples: A pair of scissors, a Bowie knife, a short length of rebar, a machete, a Louiseville slugger, a souvenir katana.

Heavy Melee Weapon: This is a direct weapon that requires some muscle to use effectively. Examples:[/i} A board with nails in it, a sledge hammer, an iron, an I-beam, a speed limit sign (with post), a parking meter, a television, a chain saw.

Light Ranged Weapon: This is a swift, mobile weapon that you throw at your enemies or that launches an easily crafted or easily collected projectile at the enemy. These weapons don't require ammunition, because the game assumes that your character can find or make new projectiles as needed. Examples: A thrown knife, a dart, a makeshift sling, an icicle, a replica shuriken, an aluminum compound bow.

Light Gun: This is a swift, mobile weapon that uses ammunition that you can't easily find or make yourself. Guns require ammunition. Examples: A Glock or a Baretta, an assault rifle, a hunting rifle.

Heavy Ranged Weapon: This is a slow but impactful weapon that you throw at your enemy or that launches an easily crafted or easily collected projectile at the enemy. These weapons don't require ammunition, because the game assumes that your character can find or make new projectiles as needed. Examples: A thrown hand axe, a sizable rock, a table saw blade, a bowling ball, a potato gun, an Olympic hammer.

Heavy Gun: This is a swift, mobile weapon that uses ammunition that you can't easily find or make yourself. Guns require ammunition. Examples A .45 magnum, a shotgun, a small but portable autocannon.

Ammunition: Gamma World offers that you can use your weapon 1 time in battle and then roll a die to see if you still have ammo by the end of combat. I call bullshit. Instead, I will give you a finite bullet count per gun, and you will find ammo or can buy small amounts of ammo at vendors. You can collect or spend ammo as you please, but it will feel more scavenger-like an real than the actual ridiculous rule.

You all get 1 armor type, 1 shield (if you want it), 1 ranged weapon, and 1 melee weapon. For free, everyone gets Quick Attack and Powerful Attack automatically.
Now, before you decide to go full-hog with all 2-handed weapons, bare in mind your Ability Scores. Here's why:
Unarmed Attacks
-Quick Attack is DEX or INT modified +3 Weapon Accuracy ~ Damage is 1d4
-Powerful Attack is STR or CON modified +2 Weapon Accuracy ~ Damage is 1d8
Light Melee Weapons
1-handed is DEX or INT modified +3 Weapon Accuracy ~ Damage is 1d8
2-handed is DEX or INT modified +3 Weapon Accuracy ~ Damage is 1d12
Heavy Melee Weapons
1-handed is STR or CON modified +2 Weapon Accuracy ~ Damage is 1d10
2-handed is STR or CON modified +2 Weapon Accuracy ~ Damage is 2d8
Light Ranged Weapons
1-handed weapon is DEX or INT modified +3 Weapon Accuracy ~ 1d8 Damage, 5 squares range
1-handed gun is DEX or INT modified +4 Weapon Accuracy ~ 1d8 Damage, 10 squares range
2-handed weapon is DEX or INT modified +3 Weapon Accuracy ~ 1d12 Damage, 10 squares range
2-handed gun is DEX or INT modified +4 Weapon Accuracy ~ 1d12 Damage, 20 squares range
Heavy Ranged Weapons
1-handed weapon is STR or CON modified +2 Weapon Accuracy ~ 1d10 Damage, 5 squares range
1-handed gun is STR or CON modified +2 Weapon Accuracy ~ 2d6 Damage, 10 squares range
2-handed weapon is STR or CON modified +2 Weapon Accuracy ~ 2d8 Damage, 10 squares range
2-handed gun is STR or CON modified +2 Weapon Accuracy ~ 2d10 Damage, 20 squares range
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
OK, came up with a character based on the powers. I am liking the base system here so far.

Phase, the undead avatar

Before death, Roderick Harrington was a priest of a small cult who was attempting to discover the secret to immortality. His experiments very much ended in failure when a demon he summoned killed him and possessed his body. The demon, calling itself Phase, now inhabits the shell that used to belong to the priest. Phase delights in the irony of people believing he is a priest, and often pretends he still is.

18 STR / 14 CON / 9 DEX / 12 INT / 16 WIS / 15 CHA

Weapon: 4-foot-tall wrought iron candelabra (2-handed heavy melee weapon)
Armor: Priest's frock with about a hundred crucifix necklaces sewn into the fabric all over the outside of it (light armor)
Dudesoft
That sounds great, LockeZ!
Edit: I saw a cockroach in my house today, and I haven't seen one in my house in over a year. Dudesoft did you hex me

Anyway...
STR: 11 / CON: 16 / DEX: 11 / INT: 5 / WIS: 9 / CHA: 18

Shadow, the hedgehog cockroach.
Despite his creepy name, creepy powers, and creepy knife, Shadow is quite friendly, and he has a strong sense of justice. He's more than happy to use his creepy shadow powers to help people. Sadly, he isn't the smartest mutant in the world, and sometimes he's more of a hindrance than a help. He, like most giant cockroaches, likes collecting random things, usually shiny things. He stores these shiny little baubles in the many pockets his coat has.

Weapon: An intimidating pitch-black knife with the name "Shadow" engraved on it. It was a gift from Shadow's father, who is now deceased. (1-handed Light Melee Weapon)
Armor: Large Trench-coat with lots of pockets, most of which are filled with various shiny things. (Light Armor)

This good Dudesoft?
Dudesoft
It's a wall of text. I tried to make it less-so, but really, all that text is pretty simple when you get down to it. Maybe I should have simplified what was in the book more. It's more or less right from the book, all that.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
author=MajoracanKing
Sorry for taking forever, had a lot of schoolwork and other crap lately. I'm still reading all the rules for this, but I'm in. (If its not to late.)

(I'll edit this with results if I may join.)
I guess not? Maybe next time!

Since we are still making characters I'm pretty sure you just need to roll some dice!
Dudesoft
Take your time, I have my girlfriend and my 1st year anniversary today. Steak dinner, Nerf gun war, and a photo album to fill together.

STR: 11 / CON: 7 / DEX: 11 / INT: 18 / WIS: 16 / CHA: 13
(You gave me two of the exact same mutant types so I just put one towards Wisdom)

Ser, the octopus dude.
A intelligent octopus, he has been shunned from society from a young age due to creeping people out. He is obsessed with learning about his past incarnations, and is on the hunt to find information on his most recent incarnation 'Reehiiiyez' (He's translating really freaking old documents here. It ain't perfect.)

Weapon - A basic longsword. (1-handed Light Melee Weapon)
Armor: Just some clothing. You would think with all his brains he would have some actual armor, but nope. (Light Armor)
LockeZ
What kind of clothing? A cloak and a kilt? Eight rainbow-colored wooly knee-socks and a tube top? Three pairs of leather pants stitched together and a Hard Rock Cafe t-shirt?
A venom proof T-Shirt and eight legged pants. (They would probably get all soggy otherwise)
Dudesoft
So, is MajoracanKing out? I'll have to peek through this to see where we are. I think we're about done, and then I can post up some Character Sheets.

Lessee... Okay, actually pretty damn close to finished.
GEAR
Apart from weapons, there are other sorts of things you might want to be carrying around Gamma Terra (or riding in!) At 1st level, you start with 1 explorer's kit (and everything in it). You also make 1d4+1 rolls on the Starting Gear table. If you prefer, you may trade in your explorer's kit for an extra roll on the table.
So: Roll 1d4 and +1 to the result.

STARTING GEAR LIST
ROLL 1d20

1 - 2x Ancient Junk! (This one is tricky. Roll 2d8, then roll 4d10. Post all results in chronological order, so I know what is what.)
2 - Climber's Kit: Grappling Hook (throw 1/2 STR in squares), Hammer, Pitons (10), Rappelling harness, Rope (100 ft).
3 - Canoe: Capacity 600 lbs.; speed 3 mph.
4 - Keelboat: Capacity 10 tons; speed 2 mph.
5 - Lantern (8 hours of lamp oil: Illuminates a 10-square radius.
6 - Draft horse (no wagon): Can pull a wagon at 3 mph.
7 - Riding horse: Averages 5 mph overland. Includes riding gear. You grant combat advantages to all enemies while you're on the horse. The horse has 10 for all defenses, 10 hit points, and speed 10.
8 - Tent: Big enough for two. Three if you're friendly.
9 - Wagon: Capacity 1 ton.
10- Binoculars: +5 Perception to observe distant details.
11- Laptop Computer: You'll think of ways to use it.
12- Duct Tape: You'll think of ways to use it.
13- Heavy Flashlight: Creates a zone of illumination in a close blast 20.
14- Fuel, 5 gallons
15- Generator (8 hours of fuel): Provides power. Runs 8 hours on 1 gallon of fuel.
16- Night-Vision Goggles: Gain darkvision 10 but take a -5 to Perception checks.
17- Radio Cell Phone: Range 1 mile.
18- Pickup Truck: Averages 45 mph overland, 60 mph in ideal conditions. 10 mph, capacity 2,500 lb. Seats 3 in front, six in back.
19- Water Purifier (water not included): Purifies 1/2 gallon of water in 10 minutes.
20- Roll 2 More Times on this list.
* - Explorer's Kit: Backpack, Bedroll, Canteen (holds 1/2 gallon of water, empty), Flint and Steel, Rations (trail mix, enough for 10 days. Not yummy), Rope (100 ft).

Roll 1d4+1 to determine the Extra Gear you get, as well.
EXTRA GEAR LIST
ROLL 1d20

1 - Beer, 6-Pack: A favourite of the brubbas.
2 - Supercrazy Glue: It's crazy strong!
3 - Map, Local: +1 to Nature checks for navigation in map area.
4 - Crowbar: +2 to Strength checks to force open doors & compartments.
5 - Steel Mirror: Gotta stay pretty, right?
6 - Winter Outfit: +1 to checks against cold.
7 - Bolt Cutter: +5 to Strength checks to cut chains, ropes, and so on.
8 - Digital Camera: Includes pictures of famous Ancients.
9 - Car, Sedan: Averages 55 mph overland. Gets 20 mpg, seats six.
10- Chem-Stick (4): Casts dim light in 6-square radius for 5 hours.
11- Compass: +2 to Nature checks for navigation.
12- First Aid Kit: +1 to Science checks for healing, 5 uses.
13- Gas Mask: Gain resist 5 poison against gas attacks.
14- Steel Handcuffs: DC 25 Strength check to break.
15- Lighter: Nondisposable.
16- Matches: Box of 50.
17- Motorcycle: Averages 40 mph overland. Gets 35 mph, seats 2.
18- Portable Stove: Burns for 8 hours.
19- Umbrella: The poor mutant's parachute.
20- Roll Twice on this list.

MOON GEAR
You will not start with the Moon Gear, but rather get it as soon as you arrive on the Moon! Spoiler alert! Not really, you have to get there yourself. I won't make you. To save on time later let's roll for Moon Gear now and keep the pace of the game once(if) you get there.
Each character gets a basic Moon Suit (basic) and rolls 1d4+1 (same as before) times on the Starting Moon Gear List. If you want to, you may trade your Moon Suit (basic) to gain 1 extra roll on the list.
So: Roll 1d4 and +1 to the result.

STARTING MOON GEAR LIST
ROLL 1d20

1 - Space Pen: Writes in any gravity; punctures thin moon suits and inflated habitats.
2 - Moon Suit, Deluxe: Provides warmth and 24 hours of breathable air. Customized exterior design; smells like spring rain inside.
3 - Moon Suit Air Tank: Provides an additional 24 hours of breathable air for a moon suit; wearer must change the tanks.
4 - Moon Buggy, open two-seater: Open to the atmosphere; room for two riders; range 3,000 miles; top speed 60 mph on paved roads, 30 mph elsewhere.
5 - Moon Buggy, closed two-seater: Sealed dome provides air and heat for up to two riders; range 3,000 miles; top speed 60 mph on paved roads, 30 mph elsewhere.
6 - Moon Buggy, closed hauler: A sealed dome provides air and heat for up to 10 riders; range 10,000 miles; top speed 80 mph on paved roads, 40 mph elsewhere.
7 - Fuel Rod: Metal tube containing fuel pellets for a moon buggy's nuclear reactor. The fuel rod adds 1,000 miles to the buggy's range and has a total rune time of 24 hours.
8 - Inflatable Dome: A temperature-controlled habitat with 24 hours of breathable air for five people.
9 - Grav Boots: Depleted uranium weights in the soles give a semblance of gravity (on the moon).
10- Breather Mask: Provides breathable air for 24 hours while on the Moon's surface.
11- Space Suit: Provides protection not only on the Moon's surface but also in the hard vacuum of space.
12- PTFE Tape: White elastic thread tape that is useful for sealing small cracks in domes and air hoses.
13- Flare: Lights up an area in a burst 3 for five minutes; gets noticed from far away.
14- Solar Panel: Instant energy during the day; extra luggage during the night.
15- Air Scrubber: Produces one year's worth of continuous breathable air for a family habitat.
16- Moon Dust Buster: Combined vacuum and magnet takes care of clingy, nasty moon dust.
17- Communications Dish: Sends messages to Gamma Terra. Too bad no one's listening.
18- Thruster: Attach this item to a vehicle to double its speed; usable once for 1 minute.
19- Water Re-Former: A bulky unit that turns 50 pounds of rock into a pint of water in 8 hours. Some (more expensive) models condense water from the atmosphere in half the time.
20- Glue Gun: A tool that shoots globs of sealant at leaking domes, habitats, or whatever.
* - Moon Suit (basic): Provides warmth and 24 hours of breathable air, although it's a little stinky inside the suit.

CHARACTER STATISTICS
The fun stuff is over, now you fill in the numbers.
Ability Modifiers
Your ability scores (CON, DEX, INT etc) are the base numbers. Beside each of them in brackets, put down your Ability Modifier.
For example:
CON 18 (+4)
STR 10 (+0)
etc

The Modifiers are as such, Score = Modifier:
1 = -5
2-3 = -4
4-5 = -3
6-7 = -2
8-9 = -1
10-11 = +0
12-13 = +1
14-15 = +2
16-17 = +3
18-19 = +4
20-21 = +5
and so on...
These modifiers are what you'll be adding to your rolls. If you want to preform a strength check (smashing through a door or whatever) you would roll 1d20 + STR MOD

Stats
Hit Points at 1st Level: 12 + your Constitution score.
Bloodied Value: Half your hit point total, rounded down.
Hit Points per Level Gained: 5
Fortitude Defense: 10 + your level + the better of STR or CON modifiers.
Reflex Defense: 10 + your level + the better of DEX or INT modifiers.
Will Defense: 10 + your level + the better of WIS or CHA modifiers.
Armor Class (AC): 10 + your level + armor bonus + shield bonus, if any; if you're wearing light armor or no armor, add the better of DEX or INT modifiers.
Speed: 6 (plus or minus any modifiers for your origin or armor)
Initiative Modifier: DEX MOD + your level + other modifiers (such as from Origins)
Base Attack Bonus (BAB): Best modifier from the weapon's key ability score pair + your level + weapon accuracy bonus.

Skills
As an explorer and an adventurer, you have a basic level of competence in every skill -- any hero can try to scale a cliff or talk his or her way out of trouble. Each Origin also gives a bonus to a particular skill. In addition to those skill bonuses, roll 1d10 and consult the list below. You gain an additional +4 bonus to checks using the skill you roll.

Skill Bonus List
(roll 1d10 for bonus +4 to whatever you roll!)
List runs as so: Skill - Key Ability Used
1 - Acrobatics - Dexterity
2 - Athletics - Strength
3 - Conspiracy - Intelligence
4 - Insight - Wisdom
5 - Interaction - Charisma
6 - Mechanics - Intelligence
7 - Nature - Wisdom
8 - Perception - Wisdom
9 - Science - Intelligence
10- Stealth - Dexterity

So, here, everyone gets each of the above skills. These are universal.
To begin with, your Ability Modifier for each skill + your current level becomes the base aptitude for that skill. Whatever you rolled gets an extra +4. Whatever your Origin lists gets additional points. That's it!

SKILL DESCRIPTIONS (not necessary to read, but if interested...)

ACROBATICS
You make an Acrobatics check to accomplish a stunt of agility. It's a good all-purpose skill for any sort of physical activity that relies more on nimbleness than muscle.
Examples: Escape restraints (easy, moderate, or hard; move action); move half your speed across a narrow or an unstable surface (moderate; move action).

ATHLETICS
You make an Athletics check to physically overcome an obstruction. Like Acrobatics, Athletics is a good all-purpose skill that encompasses a variety of tasks relying on your physical might.
Examples: Climb a rope at half your speed (easy; move action); climb a rough cliff or a ruined wall at half speed (moderate; move action); climb a smooth wall at half your speed (hard; move action); jump across a chasm (DC 5 per square jumped; part of a move action); swim through rough water at half your speed ( moderate; move action).

CONSPIRACY
You make a Conspiracy check to remember useful information about a significant person, organization or event. Making a Conspiracy check usually doesn't require an action -- either you know the answer or you don't.
Examples: Remember the basics of a significant event (easy); identify symbols or general goals of a cryptic alliance or other secret organization (moderate); remember the details of a significant event (moderate); remember a story that provides a clue to your current situation (hard).

INSIGHT
You make an Insight check to discern intent and decipher body language during social interactions. It's also a useful all-purpose skill for understanding the significance of a puzzling clue. Making an Insight check usually doesn't require an action.
Examples: See through another creature's lie (DC set by opponent's Interaction skill check); gain an advantage in a negotiation (moderate or hard).

INTERACTION
You make an Interaction check to influence someone's opinions or actions, or to gather information in a village, a town, or a city. You don't usually use Interaction during combat, but if you do, it typically requires a standard action.
Examples: Gather common information; negotiate a deal; talk someone out of attacking you; fast-talk a security robot into letting you pass; bully someone into doing what you want. Most Interaction checks use a moderate DC, but if the target is hostile to you, a hard DC is appropriate.

MECHANICS
You make a Mechanics check to use, repair or overcome Ancient machines. You don't usually use Mechanics during combat, but if you do, it typically requires a standard action.
Examples: Hot-wire a car; pick a padlock; repair an engine; drive a motorcycle; fly a helicopter; jury-rig a new machine from salvaged parts. Most Mechanics DCs are moderate or hard, depending on what you're working on and how badly it's damaged.

NATURE
You make a Nature check to identify and cope with the hazards of the natural world. The time required to make a Nature check varies based on the task, from no time at all to a few hours.
Examples: Find food and water for yourself in the wild (moderate); find food and water for a small group in the wild (hard); find your way across trackless terrain (moderate); avoid a hazard such as quicksand or carnivorous plants (moderate or hard).

PERCEPTION
You make a Perception check to notice clues, spot danger, hear someone sneaking up on you, or find a trap. You usually get to make a Perception check to notice something at the first point you could see it or hear it, but if you want to look around again, another check takes a minor action.
Examples: Find an obvious clue (easy); discover a well-hidden object (moderate); follow a faint set of tracks across stone or metal (hard); eavesdrop on a nearby conversation (easy); hear whispers through a door (hard); notice something hiding from you (DC is equal to the hiding creature's Stealth check result).

SCIENCE
You make a Science check to remember a fact about physics, geology, mathematics, computer operation, or other areas of Ancient scientific theory. You also use it to identify an unnatural hazard or to operate computerized technology. The time required to make a Science check varies based on the task, from no time at all to a few hours.
Examples: Operate a computer (moderate); identify the effects of radiation on the environment (moderate); defuse a suitcase nuke (hard); hack into a secure network (hard); reprogram an inoperative android (hard).

STEALTH
You make a Stealth check to hide yourself from an observer, both by moving quietly and by staying out of sight.
Examples: Become hidden (make a Stealth check at the end of a move action, using the observer's Perception check as your DC); move up to your speed while staying hidden (make a new Stealth check with a -5 penalty; move action).

Special: You need superior cover or total concealment to make a Stealth check to become hidden. After that, you need only cover or concealment to remain hidden. If you draw attention to yourself, such as by speaking or attacking, you don't remain hidden.

PERSONALITY
Instead of messing around with Chaotic Neutral or Lawful Good crap (which is a mess, believe it!) we'll go with what Gamma World offers.

How trusting are you?
Gullible - Open-minded - Skeptical - Suspicious - Obstinate

What is your outlook at the start of each day?
Hopeful - Enthusiastic - Self-assured - Grim - Self-Doubting

What kind of decision maker are you?
Forceful - Adaptable - Timid - Easygoing - Impatient

How conscientious are you about following rules?
Scrupulous - Pragmatic - Dutiful - Flexible - Scofflaw

How empathetic are you?
Kind - Hard-hearted - Charitable - Oblivious - Thieving

How courageous are you while under fire?
Cautious - Daring - Fearful - Reckless - Fierce
(if you have a better/different word you want to use for any of the above, that's cool too)

Mannerisms and Traits
You can bring your character to life through a distinctive mannerism -- particular patterns of speech or behaviors that you can take while you play to convey how your character looks, sounds, and acts. Examples of mannerisms include things such as continuously chomping on an unlit cigar stub, coin flipping, humming a favourite tune, and so on.

Background
-What trade or occupation did your family follow when you were young?
-What's the worst event of your life up until now?
-What's the best thing that's ever happened to you?
-Do you stay in contact with your family/friends? What do they think of you?

ALPHA MUTATION and OMEGA TECH
This one doesn't require much from you. Since we don't have a deck of cards present, and there's a bunch of decks I am drawing from; we'll pick numbers.
Pick a number between 1 and 10, twice. Post both choices (or Rolls if you feel like rolling dice again).
Dudesoft
Once you guys get all this chore done with and we sort any last number bits (like Ancient Junk and Mutations/Tech) we can get started with the game itself!
LockeZ
STARTING GEAR
Fuel, 5 gallons
Lighter: Nondisposable.
First Aid Kit: +1 to Science checks for healing, 5 uses.
Lighter: Nondisposable. (a second one!)
Car, Sedan: Averages 55 mph overland. Gets 20 mpg, seats six.

MOON LOOT
Moon Suit (basic): Provides warmth and 24 hours of breathable air, although it's a little stinky inside the suit.
Moon Suit Air Tank: Provides an additional 24 hours of breathable air for a moon suit; wearer must change the tanks.
Grav Boots: Depleted uranium weights in the soles give a semblance of gravity (on the moon).
Thruster: Attach this item to a vehicle to double its speed; usable once for 1 minute.
Flare: Lights up an area in a burst 3 for five minutes; gets noticed from far away.
Water Re-Former: A bulky unit that turns 50 pounds of rock into a pint of water in 8 hours. Some (more expensive) models condense water from the atmosphere in half the time.

STATS
18 STR (+4)
14 CON (+2)
9 DEX (-1)
12 INT (+1)
16 WIS (+3)
15 CHA (+2)

Hit Points at 1st Level: 26
Bloodied Value: 13
Fortitude Defense: 16
Reflex Defense: 13
Will Defense: 15
Armor Class: 12
Speed: 5
Initiative Modifier: 0
Base Attack Bonus: 7

SKILLS
+4 bonus to Conspiracy checks
+4 bonus to Athletics checks
+4 bonus to Perception checks
Immune to disease
Regain HP equal to level at the start of each turn
May spend a minor action to use Aid Another on myself, but only when performing skill checks.

PERSONALITY
How trusting are you?
- Suspicious

- Grim

- Adaptable

- Scofflaw

How empathetic are you?
- Sadistic

How courageous are you while under fire?
- Cautious

Mannerisms: Strong tendency to stay silent unless addressed directly. Eyes dart around suspiciously.

What trade or occupation did your family follow when you were young?
- Phase denies having a childhood. Before being overtaken by Phase, the priest Roderick was part of a traveling cult movement. He first joined the cult at age 13, after running away from home.

What's the worst event of your life up until now?
- Being bound to that fool priest's service for the months before I finally killed him.

What's the best thing that's ever happened to you?
- Obtaining this mortal shell with which I can experience the human realm. The experience has been magnificent and eye-opening, everything I imagined.

Do you stay in contact with your family/friends? What do they think of you?
- My choice to permanently inhabit a human shell has estranged me from my kind. They think it bizarre and perverse. No matter. I would rather live as a human anyway.

ALPHA MUTATIONS:
2, 6
Dudesoft
LockeZ, your Alpha Mutation is currently: Hyper-Balance.
Hyper-Balance Bio
You can walk on almost any surface thanks to your hyper-acute sense of balance.

BENEFIT: You ignore difficult terrain and can't be knocked prone. You can balance on anything that will hold your weight, and do not grant combat advantage while balancing.

OVERCHARGE: When you start your turn, you can roll a d20.
10+: You gain a +5 power bonus to Perception checks while this Alpha is readied.
9 or LESS: While this Alpha is readied, you can see only thermal radiation and take a -2 penalty to attack rolls and Perception checks.

Your Omega Tech is: Hoverboard
HOVERBOARD
This two-foot-wide, sleek silver disk hovers six inches above the ground. It's a neat ride... once you get the hang of it!

FEET
POWER: Encounter
MOVE ACTION --- PERSONAL
EFFECT:
Until the end of the encounter, you can move your speed +2, ignore difficult terrain, and move over liquid surfaces. At the end of any of turn in which you benefited from one of the hoverboard's movement effects, you must make a medium DC Acrobatics check, if you fail, you fall prone.

Kind of a wicked combo! Your ability and your tech work to counterbalance each other. Great find!
(Also great character!)

A word for EVERYONE about Omega Tech and Alpha Mutations:
Alpha Mutations will change in the end of combat, when you fall into an Alpha Flux (I'll explain when it happens), or other reasons. Don't get attached.
Omega Tech can be used once per encounter, but I consider it regular gear outside of combat. After you use it in combat you have to make a DC check to figure out if it is still functional. After that it is 1/2 useful. I might make exceptions. We'll see.
You can also sell Omega Tech to vendors and traders if you feel like it. Though, they're far and few between so you might want them just in case.
So, uh, do we roll 1d4+1 to see how much gear we can roll for (like rolling a four(+1) means you get to roll 1d20 five times for five different kinds of gear)? Cuz that's what I did for the gear...

GEAR
Starting Gear:
Explorer's Kit
Water Purifier (water not included): Purifies 1/2 gallon of water in 10 minutes
Night-Vision Goggles: Gain darkvision 10 but take a -5 to Perception checks
Keelboat: Capacity 10 tons; speed 2 mph.
Tent: Big enough for two. Three if you're friendly.

Extra Gear:
Steel Handcuffs: DC 25 Strength check to break.
Lighter: Nondisposable
First Aid Kit: +1 to Science checks for healing, 5 uses

MOON GEAR:
Moon Suit, Deluxe: Provides warmth and 24 hours of breathable air. Customized exterior design; smells like spring rain inside.
Moon Dust Buster: Combined vacuum and magnet takes care of clingy, nasty moon dust.
Water Re-Former: A bulky unit that turns 50 pounds of rock into a pint of water in 8 hours. Some (more expensive) models condense water from the atmosphere in half the time.
Glue Gun: A tool that shoots globs of sealant at leaking domes, habitats, or whatever.
Inflatable Dome: A temperature-controlled habitat with 24 hours of breathable air for five people.

CHARACTER STATISTICS
STR: 11 (+4)
CON: 16 (+0)
DEX: 11 (+3)
INT: 5 (-1)
WIS: 9 (-3)
CHA: 18 (+0)

Stats:
Hit Points at 1st Level: 28
Bloodied Value: 14
Fortitude Defense: 27
Reflex Defense: 22
Will Defense: 29
Armor Class (AC): 22
Speed: 6
Initiative Modifier: 15
Base Attack Bonus (BAB): 15

Skills:
1 - Acrobatics - 12
2 - Athletics - 12
3 - Conspiracy - 6 (+4)
4 - Insight - 10
5 - Interaction - 19
6 - Mechanics - 6
7 - Nature - 10
8 - Perception - 10 (+4)
9 - Science - 6
10- Stealth - 12 (+4)

Did I do this right at ALL? No? Maybe? Yes? it's a no isn't it

PERSONALITY
How trusting are you?
Gullible

Hopeful

Timid

Scrupulous

How empathetic are you?
Kind

How courageous are you when under fire?
normally Fearful, but Reckless when he sees something shiny

Mannerisms:
Has a strong urge to run over and grab anything shiny he sees, whether it be a piece of gold or a well-polished lever that may or may not cause some sort of death trap to activate.
Talks a lot. Like, A LOT. He'll babble about anything that comes to mind.

-What trade or occupation did your family follow when you were young?
My parents were thieves, and my brother still is, which I personally think is horrible. But I love them anyway...

-What's the worst event of your life up until now?
Most definitely when my parents DIED. They went to this one particularly rich man's house... His security system was top-notch... and by top-notch I mean fatal to anyone who comes in contact with it.

-What's the best thing that's ever happened to you?
Oh, well, I'm not really sure... maybe when I came upon that old treasure chest in that creepy cave. And it had so much gold in it! I was rich for a little while, but then I spent it all. Oops.

-Do you stay in contact with your family/friends? What do they think of you?
Well, my parents always called me a "goody-two-shoes", but I knew they still loved me. My brother, however... he wasn't always so nice to me. In fact, he still isn't... And my friends? Oh, well I'm afraid I, uh, don't really have any...
i'm starting to feel bad for poor Shadow now

ALPHA MUTATIONS, OMEGA TECH:
7, 5
LockeZ
Wes, I'm not sure you did the skills correctly. You were supposed to roll 1d10 to randomly pick one of the ten skills, and you'd get a +4 bonus to that one. And then you also get a +4 bonus to stealth, perception and mechanics because of your origin bonuses. You shouldn't have a number for each of the ten skills, you should just have a list of four skills that you get bonuses to.

Also, I forgot to roll 1d10 myself, and just listed my skills with origin bonuses. Whoops. Apparently I also get a perception bonus.
Dudesoft
wildwes, here are you're accurate scores. You were using the full Ability Scores in some of your calculations, instead of Modifiers. It's a bit confusing, so don't worry none about it.
However for your Skills, you still need to roll 1d10 and apply +4 to the result.
CHARACTER STATISTICS
STR: 11 (+0)
CON: 16 (+3)
DEX: 11 (+0)
INT: 5 (-3)
WIS: 9 (-1)
CHA: 18 (+4)

Stats:
Hit Points at 1st Level: 28
Bloodied Value: 14
Fortitude Defense: 14
Reflex Defense: 12
Will Defense: 16
Armor Class (AC): 15
Speed: 6
Initiative Modifier: 15
Base Attack Bonus (BAB): 15

Skills: **You still need to roll 1d10. Whichever number you roll, that skill gets added +4.
1 - Acrobatics - +1
2 - Athletics - +1
3 - Conspiracy - +2
4 - Insight - +0
5 - Interaction - +5
6 - Mechanics - +2
7 - Nature - +4
8 - Perception - +4
9 - Science - -2
10- Stealth - +5

How these Skills work is that, if you want to do a Stealth Check to see if you sneak by a guard, you roll a 1d20 and add the bonus you have on your Skills list. Your Stealth is +5, so whatever you get with the d20, gets an extra +5 added to it.
Generally the challenges I set forth will be set to a certain difficulty. If it is easy, you might only need to roll a 12 or higher. So if you roll a 9 instead, you're safe because of the +5. However if you try to do a Science Check to see if you can concoct a potion of wow, you have a penalty of -2 because of your characters crippling intelligence and wisdom. So, it makes character sense. Suddenly the 9 you rolled becomes a 7.

That all said, if anyone rolls a 20, it is an automatic great success. If a 1 is rolled, it is a terrible fail. The d6 system used in most of these forum games is based on that idea.
Agh, I knew I did it all wrong. So sorry about that. god I'm an idiot

Anyway, just roll 1d10 now?

7. Soooo +4 to Nature right?
Dudesoft
Also, wes, for your Alpha Mutation: Sympathetic Link
SYMPATHETIC LINK Healing, Psi
You link the life force of one creature to another. What hurts or heals one of them, does the same to the other.

MINOR ACTION --- CLOSE BURST 5
TARGET:
Two creatures in burst, or you and 1 creature in burst
EFFECT: You link the two targets (save ends). Whenever one target takes damage or regains hit points, the other target experiences the same effect. The link ends when either target saves or dies. A willing target can choose not to make a saving throw against this effect.

OVERCHARGE: When you start your turn, you can roll a d20.
10+: The target takes a -5 penalty to saving throws against this power.
9 or LESS: You are dazed until the end of your next turn.

Your Omega Tech is: Hypno-Ray
HYPNO-RAY
You did NOT see a blue walrus-man stealing the data disks. It was definitely Venus and swamp gas.

WEAPON: 1-hand ranged
POWER: Encounter
STANDARD ACTION --- CLOSE BLAST 5
HIT:
The target is stunned (save ends). Until the end of the encounter, the target is susceptible to suggestion, and anyone making an Interaction checks against the target gains a +10 power bonus to the check.

edit: There ya go! No worries, wes. Updated skills. I think that's everything. We can give Arandomgamemaker a few days to get caught up, and if not continue with two players until he does.