RPG MAKER XP FOR 18 BUCKS ON STEAM

Pages: 1
Rpg Maker XP is on sale until december 20. Just a heads up if you're interested in getting it.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
A shame! It has the best mapping of any RPG Maker program (three layers and unlimited tiles per tileset), and some of the scripts people have made for it are really nice and were never remade for Ace.
author=LockeZ
and some of the scripts people have made for it are really nice and were never remade for Ace.

I am curious, which ones? :o
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
The biggest one I care about is Atoa's Custom Battle System, which is what I use in my RPG Maker XP game Iniquity & Vindication. It's by far the best system out there to create RPG-style battles on the field map Chrono Trigger style.

I've seen various other nice ones like a Secret of Mana style ring menu that would probably be somewhat more feasible to remake for Ace, they just never were. Remaking Atoa's stuff for each new version of RPG Maker is just an impossible task; it's got as much code as the entire original RGSS.
XP is still a great engine! :O
I made both of my games with it. (ok, I'm still making them xD)
The only reasons why so many people use Ace is because it has better performance
and because it's the newest maker
IMO :P
XP's only drawback is the 40 frames-per-second framerate... which can actually be pushed higher with a simple script command if the developer keeps the game simple and maps small.

RGSS1 is still versatile (and relevant), and 18 bucks is a bargain for finally gaining full control of the engine using Ruby. If you don't yet own an RPG Maker, you might as well buy this one.
author=Lucy_Fox
XP is still a great engine! :O
The only reasons why so many people use Ace is because it has better performance
and because it's the newest maker
IMO :P

Don't forget better eventing, noteboxes and the database in general :p
author=Archeia_Nessiah
I am curious, which ones? :o

That awesome 3D dungeon crawler script for XP is simply superb. So smooth, simple to use and versatile (the 2.0 version is even more amazing in that it uses heightmaps to an amazing and simple effect)not to mention compatible with mostly everything.

There's a DC script for VX too (albeit one that, although clean and good, crumbles in comparison) but none for VXA! At least none that I've heard of.

There are quite a few more but I don't really remember. And it's easier to customize the scripts to your liking for XP scripts are easier to customize (and pletniful in that) in exchange for versatility.

Uh, And quite a few ported scripts have became clunky and behaved badly in the new engine, XAS for example is very awkward on VXA.

Anyways, XP, VX and VXA have different script repertoires and strengths. Mapping with XP is fun~~ but I do say that VXA has became more versatile and better than even XP. (VX was dumb and clunky, I only like it thanks to notetags)
author=Arandomgamemaker
Nobody loves XP anymore :/

Hahaha.

I never really liked using XP that much, but there are a lot of people here that still do, just like with 2k3 and VX, so this is some good news.
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
I love XPs mapping but disliked a lot of its other features. It's definitely second to rm2k3.
Yellow Magic
Could I BE any more Chandler Bing from Friends (TM)?
author=JosephSeraph
That awesome 3D dungeon crawler script for XP is simply superb. So smooth, simple to use and versatile (the 2.0 version is even more amazing in that it uses heightmaps to an amazing and simple effect)not to mention compatible with mostly everything.

:O do you know the name of said script by any chance?
author=LockeZ
A shame! It has the best mapping of any RPG Maker program (three layers and unlimited tiles per tileset)

There are, of course, free and open source engines out there that support 2^32 layers and 2^32 tiles per tileset.
author=Yellow Magic
:O do you know the name of said script by any chance?

FPLE - First Person Labyrinth Explorer. Lag is almost zero, even on max graphics mode (the manual says that i need a powerful machine to run with zero lag but I have a 2006 secondhand notebook and it runs perfectly fine.)

Check it out, it is just so sweet <3

author=Arandomgamemaker
Nobody loves XP anymore :/

I still like it!

I just prefer Ace personally, heh. :p
There is a HUGE RMXP community around the web, probably moreso than VX Ace.
I could never really get into XP. The RTP felt so bland and the maker itself just felt so... clinical and uniniviting. I had a lot more trouble going from 2k3 to XP than I did 2k3 to VX Ace.
author=Amy
There is a HUGE RMXP community around the web, probably moreso than VX Ace.

Not here in Germany T_T
Most people here are using Ace...

I couldn't live without my 3 layers xD
Pages: 1