HUMBLE OFFERINGS FROM THE "BLUDGEON OF INSPIRATION"

Pages: first prev 123 next last
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
Darigaaz, it's been a while since I wrote anything here. Anyway, I had two dreams last night, but, can only really recall one with any amount of accuracy. I don't feel too confident about putting this anywhere else, and I'm absolutely using a hide-tag.

So, I was with Lulu and Tidus (Final Fantasy X) and we were getting some pointers on how to cast Water from the resident black mage. She got Tidus to do something akin to a small waterball (so, like, a fireball, only it's made of water), and the two seemed happy enough with those results. After Tidus ran off, she gave her attention to me.

It was somehow understood that she would give me some "special lessons". It might have been here, it might have been later, but, I definitely recall her saying "Let me touch you!" I dunno. Anyway, I recall running like hell, and hid in a dark room. She came in and looked around. Of course, she found me, and I bolted outta there again, then flew off.

This is approximately when I woke up, but, I get the impression that there would be some kind of narration, in the style of Final Fantasy X, that "The last Lulu saw of me that night was a silhouette against the full moon. As for myself, my nightmare only just began". Heavily suggesting that I was actually some kind of lycanthrope.

The takeaway I'm getting from this is that I'm a huge coward when it comes to more serious relationships. I'm pretty sure the lycanthropy is also relevant, in that there is some primal fear involved, or a slightly more literal take of turning into an animal?

Marrend
So, who else forgot this thread even existed?

Anywho, this is a copy-paste from the Let's Write: Fanfiction thread. It's a mostly spur-of-the-moment Oracle of Askigaga ditty, and does contain game-spoilers, if you care about such things.

When he entered the room, the Oracle was facing towards an alter in prayer. A moment passed, then her head moved slightly to address him, "Ryusaki Kenshin. I have been expecting you."

He approached the figure by a few more steps, then spoke sarcastically, "Next, you will be telling me what it is I seek from you."

She made a coy smile, then responded, "Let me first tell you a story."

She stood up and faced him. Even if her face was obstructed, he could feel her gaze upon him. She commenced, "A long time ago, when I was in training, I knew a man. A quiet person who mostly kept to himself, and that none of the other students bothered with. I was envious of this person for his ability to not be noticed. Oh, how I wish people would leave me alone, like they did him! I wished I could be closer to him, but, would he accept me, even as a friend?

"Long I tarried, unsure of what do to. Then, the day our training was complete came. A friend of yours came to me with a book he wanted me to look at. Without thinking, I wrote a note in it. It read, 'I think your friend Kenshin is cute', and I signed the note with my own name."

There was a pause of eternity as he realized what it was that she was saying. Her own voice seemed to break as she continued, "If there is anyone in this room that requires forgiveness," at this, she removed her hood, her face now in full view, "it is I for not realizing the pain that action would cause you."

He could not even say her name, or comfort her in any way. He could only repeat the name of the person he has sought forgiveness from all this time: "Emiko!"

Marrend
More fanfiction thread shenanigans.

I imagine this being possible somewhere between the two-year gap of events of FF10 and FF10-2. More on the FF10 side of the equation, perhaps? Anyway, have a Lulu-based stream-of-consciousness!

Sin is dead. It was not the precepts of Yevon that saved the day. Speaking of, we may know the truth behind Maester Mika, but, the official line is that he passed away. Even so, Yevon is in shambles. Sin's cycle of death and rebirth, what Yevon centered around for a thousand years, has been broken.

Then there is the matter of Yuna, the the High Summoner that actually defeated Sin. Perhaps there would be those who wonder what other miracles is she capable of? Certainly, there will be those that will try to take advantage of that, and her desire to help others in need. We say that she's in mourning of those whose lives were lost in the battles against Sin, but, of course, this is only partially true. For us, the Guardians that fought with her, we know that she mourns more for a very specific loss. A personal one that, I know, will heal itself over time. She's a strong woman, after all.

The question that comes to mind is what people will do with their freedom from Sin? Maybe Yuna will lead them into a world where Spira revolves not around death, but life? I could see that happening. She can easily be that person, if she so chooses. However, it is her choice. She should not be bound by the expectations of others. She should only be bound by her on will, her own desire. Whatever that may be.

Here's a really, really hastily-put-together fluffy-thing based on Uchioniko, of all things. This one is in the perspective of Kazuyoshi Katsumi.

I woke up with my mind whirling and feeling like it was on fire. She gently drew me closer, a radiant, angelic, smile on her face. I accepted the embrace, and we shared a long, drawn-out, kiss.

Was... I in heaven? Maybe I was. Maybe I wasn't. It didn't seem to matter much longer. All I wanted to do was spend this moment with her.

My mind was still very much in a haze, but, the figure before me began to take a more concrete shape as we embraced. This was somebody I know. Somebody from... my school? Somebody from... the same class as me?

We parted ourselves, out of breath. She giggled, but I could see her more clearly now. I smiled as the flood of recognition brought her name to my lips: Shoko.

Marrend
I can only remember fragments of the dream I had last night. I'll write it here, as I feel safer writing it here as nobody visits this thread. I'll still hide-tag it, though.

It started in a fairly regular house. I was living there with a pair of sisters, and "the adults" were away for a long weekend.

Anyway, it was the last day we could be together, and the younger sister was encouraging me to have sex with the older one. Of course, I had zero confidence in myself, or how okay she would be with the idea, and did nothing.

I was prepping for a shower, and the mother came home. The younger sister greeting her with a, "Hi, Mrs. <insert family name that was not either of our family names>!" She greeted us both, and the house suddenly became swamped with people.

I was suddenly an older brother that shared his room with, like, five other guys. There was no privacy. Literally. I mean, the "room" only had three sides, the other side was open to the outside world. There was no barrier between the bathroom that was in the room and the outside either, save a towel that was hung. The bathroom, itself, was also filthy and dirty; the shower that I wanted to use had literal crap swimming around in some water.

The next thing I recall is a bunch of thug-likes wanting to make some trouble. My "family" needed "big bro" to take care of 'em. Which I pretty much did, and prety much woke up after all that. Though, I did get the particular sensation that the older sister from before was looking on in a more-than-approving manner.
Marrend
Darigaaz, Marrend's writing again, and it's something completely unrelated to any of his games!?

What have you done with Marrend!?

Silliness aside, I've edited the main post with a table of contents. I must admit, I did not expect the "unrelated" section to be as large as it is.

All that aside, enjoy!

Hans sighed. Then said, "It seems we're safe. At least for now. However..."

Sarah nodded quikly, and interjected, "I know. The armies of Rokura might be headed this way."

He asked, "I'm glad we agree on that point. So, what do you intend?"

She paused fora a drink, then answered, "We head to Losan Caslte on Losan Lake."

Hans was not amused, "The rumors of thier leader's charisma is duly noted, but, I must remind you that they have not made significant progress against the Rokuran invasion."

She turned to him sharply, and said, "And what would you suggest? That we keep running?"

He was blunt, "We are not warriors, Sarah. The Losan are not going to accept us based on that alone. Besides, I was under the distinct impression that we escaped so that we would live. Not to put our lives in danger."

She shook her head, "So you want us to give up before we even try? Even if they take us in as refuggess, that's still better than running. Don't you think?"

Hans shrugged, and gave up, "Fine. We'll go visit the Losan army. I still think it's a bad idea."

Hector looked across the war table at Hillary. "It seems we have overestimated the enemy forces once again. If this keeps up..."

Hillary scowled at him, "If we did it your way, we would have lost at least twice as many!"

Hector slammed the table, "You cannot expect me to hold my cavilry when all I see before me is slaughter!"

Leara spoke, "I must agree. My archers, Regis' wizards, Hector's cavilry, and even Derril's infintry. We looked like an uncoordinated force."

Regis spoke, "And now, Darril is mortally wounded. If he should die, we have no one to command those forces, except for..."

Hillary slammed the table, "Are you seriously going to suggest who I think you're going to suggest? That's too much of a risk!"

Hector smirked, "So, even you admit that your strategies would put him at risk."

Hillary snapped at him, and said, "Don't be an idiot, Hector. Everybody in the force looks up to him. If it would come to pass that he dies, that would be an incalculable loss of morale, and future support for the cuase."

Feroz stood and said, "You can stop talking about me like I'm not here. You can also stop bikering amoung yourselves. Who's the enemy anyway? Certainly not anybody in this room. It's the forces of the armies of Rokura that we should focus our agression on."

There was a brief pause, then, from Hector, "Sorry, Feroz. You're right. It's just so... frustrating that we cannot make any ground against them."

Feroz nodded, then said, "I understand. I think we need better information, and I've a feeling news is going to come very soon."

As if on cue, "Ma'am! A messager from the west!"

Hillary recieved the message, quirked an eyebrow, then dictated, "There's a unit of about two hundred infantry that sacked the town of Jurl to the east. I saw it with my own eyes. They are like beasts that feed on war. There could not have been any survivors."

A somber pause filled the hall. Then, from Feroz, "Jurl, eh? It's only two hundred men, but, I feel as if they're slowly crawling forward to this position. What do you think, Hillary?"

Sarah looked about making sure there were no other assailants, then eaised her stance. They had been accosted by thugs that vastly underestimated their quarry. She looks to Hans, he nooded to her, and said, "Let's keep going. If we're lucky, we can still make it to Moin by nightfall."

Marrend
As a heads-up to whoever is following, I've linked my written LP of Suikoden 3 and the gift I gave to Gredge109 for Secret Santa 2016 into the original post under the "Unrelated" heading.

Enjoy the reads!
Marrend
Work/business was slow today. This is not a first, but, I managed to write a few things out. I'm copying what I wrote almost word-for-word here, and this first one, well, best not to ask how that came to mind.

I've failed. My heart is empty. In pain. I am worth less than a thousandth of a penny. Ugly. Alone. There is nothing I can do, except write, and agonize. What I should have done.

I should have dropped the whip, and asked forgiveness for us both. Or, just do what SHE asked. But, I did neither, of course. I just froze. And was punished for it then. Now as well.

I cry. I am such a failure. SHE clearly has a much better person than I will ever be. Perhaps, though, that is a comforting thought. SHE is happy, after all.

It hurts. So much. But there is not a thing I can do. Not 'till much later. Why did I even go? All I wanted to do was check up on something else, yet I allowed myself to be pulled aside. I let it happen, so I can really only blame myself.

I can't make the time move any faster. This, too, is part of my punishment. Even so, will it even matter? How will SHE react to this penance? There is no knowing until one asks.

I suppose there is only so much I can do. I am limited. SHE once called me an angel. Even being a human seems a grandiose title to me now.

Next up is a possible scene for Mechanima.

Where does a synthate start when trying to find one's past when that past has been wiped from memory? There was a law about them at one time. That could be a place to start. How it came about. What of other synthates?

That last question piqued the girl's interest. If there were others like her, as least she will have a place to belong. A place where she will not be hunted. Or, if she is hunted, there will be others to stand with her.

She searched fervently for any and all news concerning synthates. In her search, she comes across various reports of missing persons. The person in charge of those investigations were all the same officer.

It was the very same officer that interrogated her before for her vagrancy charges.

Marrend
Apparently, I've decided that the first thought-process from yesterday might be a game idea. More very unsorted, very stream-of-consciousness prose follows.

"Has the traitor been significantly whipped?"

The regal voice echoed above. Came the response from the guard, "Soundly, Empress."

"And how much time has the traitor spend in the Prison of Solitude?"

"It has been a week, Highness."

"And has the traitor been branded as such so that all men will know what has been done, and will see the consequences of such foolish actions?"

The guard pushed the prisoner down to show the Empress the mark brazened on her back. While the Empress did not speak, one could imaging her nodding approval.

"How was it that you were branded a traitor?"

"I disobeyed the Empress."

"...Ooookay, so, what, exactly, was the order that was given? Was there no chance of forgiveness?"

The traitor looked at the stranger with a cocked head. The word "forgiveness" was entirely unfamiliar.

"The prisoner has been charged with the unpardonable crime of disobeying the Empress' orders. How does it plead?"

The law had already decided she was not even a person anymore. There was no use denying it either. "Guilty."

"The prisoner shall henceforth be stripped of all rights, privileges, property, and shall be considered as refuse. It shall be subjugated to a thorough whipping, and be placed into the Prison of Solitude for one week. Once released, it shall be branded as a traitor to the Empire, and banished forevermore."

"Fight the Empire?"

The idea seemed ludicrous. As was this notion of forgiveness the stranger spoke of.

Marrend
This is very much the first piece of stuff coming out of my head with this. However, this is a bit of world-building for the upcoming Suikoden tribute I'm working on! Thanks to Deslin7's article, and pointing me to fantasynamegenerators that helped me with these names!

COUNTRIES/PRINCIPALITIES/PREFECTURES
Imperial Palace
Set neatly in an island the middle of Fruln Lake, the Imperial Palace houses the Empress. Thus, it is the center of politics and culture of Baclyae.
Totally never becomes your HQ. ;)

Duchy of Espea
Consists of the Baclyaen prefectures of Bruize, Eflar, and Croeye.

Barony of Sucror
Consists of the Baclyaen prefectures of Proegro, Yeshea, and Eskya.

Pincipality of Vapleissau
Consists of the Baclyaen prefectures of Caglil, Fraiwana, and Ogren.

DUNGEONS/MOUNTAINS
Wal Pinnacle
Western Elfar sports this mighty mountain, where an order of monks dutifully train their bodies, spirits, and minds.

Sraphyhl Peak
An inactive volcano in the Proegro prefecture. Many tales of hidden treasure surround the place, but, of course, it also houses the most dangerous of beasts.

Glikx Hieghts
A path between Caglil and Yeshea lies apon this mountain. It's well-traveled by merchants, but also bandits.

DUNGEONS/FORESTS
Slyph Forest
A forest if southern Ogren, many tales speak of Elves living here in harmony with the forest.

Blils Wood
A path between Eskya and Croeye lies in this forest. The beast inhabiting this forest make the journey more difficult, but, merchants find the risk worth it.

Klird Timberland
A path between Bruize and Fraiwana lies in this forest. Not sure what else to say about it right now.

Now, how this is all situated geographically is still very much in the air, outside of the prefectures that border each other.
Marrend
Yesterday was my birthday! YAAAAAAAY!

However, rather than receive presents, I was inclined to give. Hence, I started a Suikoden 4 written LP. The link to the thread is in the table of contents, under "Unsorted".

Enjoy!
Marrend
My Suikoden 5 written LP has been added to the list. The link to the thread is listed under "Unsorted".
Marrend
It's still in the works, but, the Table of Contents has been updated with a link to my Let's Play of Suikoden!
Marrend
The Table of Contents now include the LP of Suikoden 2!

Aside from that, here's a little bit of funky dream time:

So, I was with a co-worker, in some kind of class or workshop.
There was nothing suspicious about it until the teacher started teaching. I don't recall the subject matter, but, it was not what we thought it should be.
Teacher asked my co-worker a question. She make some quick calculations, and managed an answer.
Teacher drew a diagram of something, then asked me to come up, and asked me, of all things, if I wanted to know the solution, rather than asking me to solve it.
I was like, "Yeah, I have no clue what this even is," and was told to go back into my seat, some other person solved it.
Apparently, I became the person the class poked fun at for the rest of the period. Though, the really odd part was when I fell over to outside the door, and I suddenly stood up, and was like, "I cast yea out, Satan!" ...to the teacher.
Now, I don't consider myself a particularly religious person, but, um, yeah. That teacher high-tailed it outta there. I mean, I seem to recall her coming back moments later, but, I think she retreated again. I think it happend one more time before I woke up?

I don't recall as much as last time, but, I was probably involved in some kind of dating-thing? I just remember being given this ScanTron-like. My particular paper indicated that my "best match" was "Eve", and that filling out certain circles would make it more likely for us to be put together. Or some-such.
I also recall watching a short video of myself and some other person (Eve?) doing down this tunnel with pipes along the wall. I was further down than my companion, and I knew this vid would come up to "convince" me that I should answer "Eve", but, my interest in that person was on the "meh" side of the equation.
I don't know when, exactly, I woke up during this whole thing, but, my impression was that I would visit a certain room that afteroon, and do whatever with whoever was there. At night, I would be asked to go to a different room, and have somebody visit me, and do whatever with that person.

The only other thing I recall was being escorted through a hotel with some guy. It was a wreck, still being in the process of being built, though most of the actual structure was in place. I'm not sure what triggered it, but, at some point, I just said, "Nope, not doing this," and started walking the other way. Guy and some his friends tried to warn/threaten me, but, I ignored them, knowing that if they did try to harm me, I could just kick their butts.

I think that last bit might have technically been a seperate dream, though? I dunno.
Marrend
This dream I remember more of, and wrote stuff down sooner:

I'm not sure where I was, but I was working on a game. It wasn't SuikoProject, though. When a girl (which I had a crush on) asked me what I was doing, I told her about Heroes 3, and that I was trying to take that idea, and do my own thing with it.

She played what I had, gave me some feedback, and left. At some point, I'm not 100% sure how, I learned that she was kidnapped. I wasn't sure what I should do, so, when I got "home" I asked around some people on the terrace. Nobody responded to me, though.

When I turned a corner, I saw a lady dressed in black (her name was Miku, which I find interesting). I knew we would meet this way, we always do, but, rather than face me and say something cryptic (A Leknaat stand-in? I dunno, she looked more like Zerase than anything else.), she went the other way. I recall complaining aloud why nobody is helping me decide what to do, unless it was so painfully obvious what it that was.

I must have decided to save her, since this music started to play (yes, this exact music, starting around 0:20, give or take), and I was applying clay of various colors to my face and chest.

"Red, the color of might!"

"Green, the color of defense!"

There was probably a third color/power combo there, but I don't recall it, I just recall applying another layer of red, and that turned heads.

Which is, of course, when I woke up.
Marrend
Dreaaaam tiiiiime!

My brother had just bought a real classy and highly popular location as an attempt to launch his own business. The name of the city/town it was in was "Monroeville", and it wasn't exactly close. I recall him kissing mom goodbye (none of us have ever done anything like this, by the way), so, it was pretty serious. He was moving out, and wanted me to come with him.

I wasn't keen on the idea. It also came out of absolutely nowhere. We had no idea this was coming. Yet, despite that, I had withdrawn money from the bank just yesterday. I recall fanning out a few bills as a joke. However, it didn't matter what I wanted. I was going with him.

I don't recall much else, except that we were apparently staying at a place called... well, I'm pretty sure it started with "The Deceased"... something. It was some kind of servant-job, I'm pretty sure, but, I can't quite recall now. I do recall that when I was fanning out my bills, it was in the lobby, or some-such location? Like, the cabinet where I had them stashed was right next to my bed, was in the lobby, rather than, well, a more private place. Though, I note that the cabinet they were in, and it's position relative to the bed, is reminiscent of what I used before we moved.
Marrend
What do I come up with when I combine the concept of Twisted Fairy Tails and apply it to Snow White and the Seven Dwarves with a little bit of Pocketful of Miracles? Something like this.

She approached the door, and gave it a knock. The slot open, and a voice called out, "What's the password?"

She sighed, and said, "Mirror, mirror on the wall, who's the fairest of them all?"

The slot closed, and the door opened. She, and her small companion, were led into another room, where a woman in a shiny red dress sat regally on an ornate chair. She held an apple in one hand, and a cigarette in the other. She put the apple down, gave the cigarette a drag, then said, "Here, have an apple."

She shook her head, and said, "Thanks, but, no thanks, Queenie. I'm not here for that apple. I'm here for the big one. The Big Apple."

The regal lady sat back, chuckled, then said, "Not bad, Snowy. I like your spunk. But, maybe you should tell me, in ten words or less, like a telegram, why I should give you the New York territory."

She spoke more to her companion than anybody else, "That's a good question. Ain't that right, Billy-Boy?"

"Beautiful."

"Got an answer?"

"No."

"Got a question?"

"Yeah."

"Ask it. In ten words or less. Like a telegram."

"Why should Snowe the Whyte give New York territory to Queeny? I know, that's eleven, but..."

The regal lady snapped, "What are you, her mouthpiece?"

"Nah, I'm a doormat."

"Then why don't you lay down and act like one!"

"Hold, it, Queeny. Billy-Boy happens to be one of my friends, and all my friends are ten feet tall, and make very poor doormats."

"Yeah, all you bootleggers were big. A lot of big fishes in a giant pond. But now, all those ponds have run dry. That's where I come in. Mine is a world-wide Syndicate that caters to all kinds of human vices."
Marrend
Added a link to the Secret Santa gift for this year on the list.

Aside: I completely forgot that being a mod means no wait-time for media submissions.
Zakariya
Every misdeed has its own punishment, and every good deed has its reward.
Might I give praise to maintaining that avatar pic of one of the most beautiful anime characters that exists? XD
Marrend
Xenogears LP and Day-by-Day post added to the index!
Marrend
Added this year's Secret Santa gift to the list under "unsorted"!
Pages: first prev 123 next last