HELP WITH TRANSPARENCY IN CUSTOM TILESETS

Pages: 1
Apologies if it's been asked many times, but I've been looking around online for ages and cannot for the life of me find an answer.

I'm in the process of editing some tilesets (nothing fancy, mostly just making the default ones nicer). On the tiles that are supposed to be partly transparent, well when I import them into Ace and try to map, the transparency doesn't 'work'... I can't explain anything. Pictures will help:

This is an example of what my tileset looks like:
(note that the background is not white, it's transparent)

And in RPGMaker VXAce:

There must be a way to make it so that partly transparent tiles don't erase whatever was underneath them. It works in the default tilesets and I've seen it work in custom ones that other people have made. I'm probably missing something stupidly obvious but it's making me really frustrated.
I'm editing in GIMP, if that's significant..
unity
You're magical to me.
I'm a newbie to VX Ace myself, but I'm also using custom tilesets as well. In VX Ace, their seems to placing issue for if something works as transparent over other tiles. An example:

In this A2 tileset, the blue part on the left will NOT work as transparent. On the right, the red part WILL work. So I think you just need to place the hole on the right side. Give that a try.

Hope that helps!
author=unity
I'm a newbie to VX Ace myself, but I'm also using custom tilesets as well. In VX Ace, their seems to placing issue for if something works as transparent over other tiles. An example:

In this A2 tileset, the blue part on the left will NOT work as transparent. On the right, the red part WILL work. So I think you just need to place the hole on the right side. Give that a try.

Hope that helps!

You're brilliant - thanks!
Yeah you can tell I'm rather new can't you? XD
unity
You're magical to me.
Haha, thanks! As for being new, we've all got to start somewhere.

I'm not sure why VX Ace decided to use "placement on the tileset" as the way to determine if something worked as transparent instead of, say, an option in the tileset tab in the database.
Pages: 1