WYRM WARRIORS! DESIGN A CHARACTER!

Constantine the Brawler

Name: Constantine
Description: A veteran of the Imperial Marines, Constantine is a former Marine from the overseas Cress Empire. Curious about the tales of wealth and prestige associated with slaying the Wyrm Wizard, he brings his considerable experience in fighting to bear.
Other: Like an actual Marine, looks at combat as less than a means to an end and more of an art into itself.
Class: Brawler
Stats: Very high HP, medium SP high Attack, high Defense, low Magic and Magic defense.
Weapon(s): Gloves
Armor: Heavy
Skillsets: Brawl, Explosives
Focus: Heavy single target damage (esp. against magic users), medium non magical group damage with primitive explosives, absorbing damage and counterattacking.

-Victory - "Looks like I still got it." "...Until they can't get back up."
-Item drop screen - "Grab whatever you can find."
-Leveling up - "Don't stop growing, learning, improving!" | "Who says you can't break a plateau?"
-Opening a chest - "Let's see what's in here..."
-Starting battle (high HP) - "Alright, alright, let's go!" | "Who wants to be the first one?"
-Starting battle (low HP) - "Must be getting old..."
-Staying at an inn - "Time to kick back!"
-Before final battle with the Wyrm Wizard - "It all comes down to this. I haven't come all this way to fail, did anyone else here? Let's go!"
author=Craze
You two can figure out how you want to settle the portraits, haha... I'd prefer two different portraits but if you can come up with some sort of story about long lost sisters with different hair colors or something, that's acceptable.

Re: cast-from-HP, easily doable. Will probably still cost a little bit of SP as well, but also cost HP in exchange for more damage.

Being able to switch between spells costing HP and SP would be perfect.
Her healing spells would obviously be weaker, like only small heals and healing over time effects.

But spells costing some SP as well as HP is fine too.

author=Sooz
author=Craze
You two can figure out how you want to settle the portraits, haha... I'd prefer two different portraits but if you can come up with some sort of story about long lost sisters with different hair colors or something, that's acceptable.
That sounds cool. Something like they were twins that liked rearranging people's bits, and one was more interested in hurting people. Wanna go for that, Byah? :D We could average out their ages, since they're p. close anyway.
Oh that sounds good, they aren't that dissimilar anyway. Gonna change Joslina's age to 53 then, less editing on your part. :P
Sooz
They told me I was mad when I said I was going to create a spidertable. Who’s laughing now!!!
It's a deal!

I love it when things fall into place like that! :D
author=Sooz
It's a deal!

I love it when things fall into place like that! :D
Changed her description too, mentioning her twin sister Hazel. :)

Gotta check out the other entries now!

Waldsen the Priest

Name: Waldsen
Description: A half-elf adopted by humans, Waldsen never knew his birth parents, but his adoptive parents, and later, his wife and children, were all the family he ever wanted. However, when an epidemic swept his hometown and robbed him of most of this living family members, he found solace in the teachings of the goddess Tovinari, and became a member of the clergy.
Other: He's become estranged from his one remaining family member, a daughter named Alicia, but he still thinks of her often. He fights in hope of preventing tragedies like the one which took his family from occurring again.
Class: Priest.
Stats: High Magic and Barrier, low Strength and HP.
Weapons: Maces, staves.
Armor: Mystic.
Skill pools: Healing, water.
Focus: High cost, high effect healing. Has some limited attack spells.

Quotes:
Victory- "All of this is by her will." "Perhaps this is another disaster averted." "I'll pray that your souls find redemption."
Item drop screen- "Once again, we have been graced." "The Goddess helps those who help themselves."
Levelin up- "Thank you, Tovinari, for your guidance." "I still have further to walk down this path."
Opening a chest- "I am sure it will be useful to us."
Starting a battle (high hp)- "It seems I've been given another task." "I will do what I must."
Starting a battle (low hp) "This is a trial to hone my spirit." "Alicia..."
Staying at an inn- "It's important to get some rest now and then."
Before the final battle with the Wyrm Wizard- "I've come so far to put an end to this!"
Meeting Maricela: "Tovinari, I think this one must be... especially in need of your guidance."

Gambino the Exile

Name: Gambino
Description: A "retired" witch hunter, Gambino once faithfully served Aremen's Order of Magi by tracking and exterminating those who wield forbidden magic, until he was banished for being merciful towards a teenage dark knight. Conflicted by duty and compassion, and wrought with the shame of failure, Gambino suppresses his turmoil with outward nonchalance and sarcasm.
Other: His life in ruin, Gambino seeks atonement and re-admission into the Order by tracking down Maricela, his former quarry and the originator of his plight so many years prior. However, he is still uncertain about what justice truly means.

Class: Witch Hunter
Stats: Very high Barrier, very low SP. High Attack, low Defense.
Weapon(s): Dual Daggers and Bows
Armor: Stealth
Skillsets: Light Weaponry and Heavy Weaponry
Focus: Light attacks to accumulate SP spent on powerful Heavy attacks that debuff.

-Victory - "Looks like you'll be late for dinner." | "I must have over nine-thousand kills by now."
-Item drop screen - "More junk to pawn. Yawn." | "I don't even have enough pockets for this."
-Leveling up - "I've become even more handsome."
-Opening a chest - "Why are these always left unlocked?"
-Starting battle (high HP) - "This should be easy."
-Starting battle (low HP) - "Cover me, guys."
-Staying at an inn - "I call dibs on top bunk."
-Before final battle with the Wyrm Wizard - "Your magic can't hurt me!"

Edit: I probably should've looked at page two since this portrait is already in use. Changed it to the piano key necktie guy.

Lorence The Dark Mage

Description: Lorence is a mild mannered, if not a bit dour, dark mage. He travels the world searching not for any one specific thing, but rather in the pursuit of knowledge itself. He once served in Aremen's Order of Magi, but departed upon deeming that the organization held no further knowledge for him to attain.

Class: Dark Mage
Stats: Magic and Barrier very high, Defense and Health very low, all other stats are average.
Weapon(s): Swords, Staffs
Armor: Stealth, Mystic
Skillsets: Dark, Light Weaponry
Focus: light attacks that debuff, and status effect spells.

-Victory: A fine victory. Now let's depart.
-Item drop screen: Oh? There seem to be valuables.
-Leveling up: The search for true knowledge never ends.
-Opening a chest: Let's see what we have here...
-Starting battle (high HP): I'm confident this battle will not last long.
-Starting battle (low HP): Conditions aren't optimal. Keep your wits about you.
-Staying at an inn: A night's rest is important for a long journey.
-Before final battle with the Wyrm Wizard: Perhaps you hold the key to true knowledge.
Sooz
They told me I was mad when I said I was going to create a spidertable. Who’s laughing now!!!
Craze, Desertopa, a query:

I've got Jolanta the Paladin of a deity with no really defined attributes beyond a name. Desertopa, would you be cool with me swapping that over to Tovinari? Craze, would consolidating be OK, or would you rather the setting be more polytheistic?

It just seems to me a bit more elegant, especially since Priest and Paladin classes form from the Catholic tradition.

ETA:
Oh, jeez, we just can't stop the twins parade!
Seiromem
I would have more makerscore If I did things.

Jordain the AssholeSky Pirate
Name: Jordain
Description: This arrogant, condescending prick enjoys the will-bending powers of a Jihoki, or a Highlander. He comes from a race of sky-pirates that dwell above the clouds in their airships. He "liberated" a power-necklace from some Monks and gained the title from his peers "All Powerful One"

Other: He's an ass. Jihoki means "All Powerful One"

Class: Highlander

Stats: Slow, weak defenses and amazing Offenses (Magical and Physical)

Weapon: Highlander Necklace: Imbues the wearer with god-like powers at the cost of any decency.

Armor: None

Skillsets: Dark and Storm ( Maybe an ultimate ability called Dark Storm )

Focus: Ultimate Obliteration Bringer that needs some buffing in speed to not die easily.

Quotes:
Victory: "As if you actually stood a chance!" / "It's not like you were competent or antyhing.
Item Drop Screen: "Nothing carries anything good anymore" / "This rabble is barely worth my feces"
Leveling Up: "If you thought I was great before just look at me now!"
Opening a Chest: "This thing is supposed to carry treasure?"
Starting Battle HIgh HP: "Ha! What are you going to do to me?"
Starting Battle Low HP: "This is just a facade, you've not caught me off-guard!"
Staying at the inn: "If you think I'm going to pay to sleep in those dust beds then you're sadly mistaken!"
B4 Final Battle: "Now you'll see who the "All Powerful One" is!"

Fixed the duplication!
author=Sooz
Craze, Desertopa, a query:

I've got Jolanta the Paladin of a deity with no really defined attributes beyond a name. Desertopa, would you be cool with me swapping that over to Tovinari? Craze, would consolidating be OK, or would you rather the setting be more polytheistic?

It just seems to me a bit more elegant, especially since Priest and Paladin classes form from the Catholic tradition.

I'm certainly okay with it, at least.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
Borrowing Tolvinari is fine!

Re: Duplicate portraits... lol... you guys can PM each other or talk it out here, as long as it's worked out. Once those four guys have unique portraits I'll add them to the master list. If there are any more duplicates remaining when I wake up tomorrow (not that I'm going to bed immediately, I'll be checking this topic for a while tonight) I'll PM people.
Skie, you can use necktie guy. I'll just swap to whatever is left later tonight.
Nope. You can use him. I flexed my art muscles a little and edited my own. 8D

That said, we should both be good now.

Considering their similar attire though, we could probably make them come from some organization or group or something, heh heh. Aha, I see Order of Magi in your profile. I think I'll add that to mine as well.
Sooz
Can't stop F5ing... I am so excited about all these characters! :DDD

Yasuno the Businessman

Name: Yasuno
Description: A successful businessman who takes exception to the disruption caused by the Wyrm Wizard's interference. He has negatively affected the bottom line, and the shareholders are not pleased. Yasuno is not pleased.

Yasuno is intelligent, ambitious, cunning and disciplined. He is a master of martial arts, has a degree in Business Administration and a Masters in Mathematics.
Other: Contrary to popular opinion and expectation as an ambitious businessman, Yasuno is very ethical.

Class: Businessman
Stats: High Attack and Defense, low Barrier and Magic
Weapon(s): claws, hand-to-hand
Skillsets: Light Weaponry, tanking (via damage mitigation and evade)
Focus: area damage (physical, slip), buffing/leadership

-Victory - "This was strictly business." | "Time to reap the profits."
-Item drop screen - "We need to monetize."
-Leveling up - "I am getting great returns on investment." | "My experience is paying dividends."
-Opening a chest - "We must declare capital gains on this new asset."
-Starting battle (high HP) - "Time to take care of business." | "It's about synergy."
-Starting battle (low HP) - "Looks like I will be working overtime."
-Staying at an inn - "Early to bed, early to rise."
-Before final battle with the Wyrm Wizard - "You have negatively affected the bottom line. This cannot stand."

Nira the Wanderer

Name: Nira
Description: Sarcastic and snarky, Nira comes across to others as a woman who is judgemental and, frankly, a bit of a bitch who could care less for her comrades. It takes a long time for her to trust a person and that trust is easily broken due to past events. She roamed the wilds for many years and has skilled knowledge of many plants and their uses.
Other: She was born partly deaf in one ear but has learned to use her other senses to compensate for it, reading lips and picking up on minute body language. Said skills have deteriorated a bit since she's been in the wilds. She's also taken over cooking duty, citing that no-one else knows how to cook properly.

Class: Wanderer
Stats:
Above Average - HP, Speed, Attack
Below Average - Healing, Barrier, Skill Points
Weapon(s): Machetes, Axes, Bows
Skillsets: Storm, Light Weaponry
Focus: High percentage hitting, high rate debuffing single enemies

- Looks like we made it through in one piece. We should keep doing that. / At least we didn't all die. That's always good. / I'm rather shocked we didn't all die with the way you guys were fighting.
- Did we find anything useful or is it just junk again? [/ Is that all you managed to find? Let me do the scavenging next time.
- Who knew I'd get better the more of something I do? Astonishing. Truly. / Odd. I expected my hair to change and my muscles to bulge or something. I'm a bit disappointed.
- Do you suppose scavengers left anything for us? / Isn't it odd this hasn't been looted already? Very strange.
- The enemy look like they want to play. Let's oblige them, shall we? / Please, do try not to die, yes? We don't want the enemy to laugh at us. Or I don't, anyway.
- Oh, don't mind me. I'll just go over here and die, shall I? / Are you going to heal me some time soon, or just leave me here to draw enemy fire? You do realise I can poison you without your noticing, yes?
- You do know it'd be cheaper to sleep under the stars, correct?
- This is sure to be a tough battle, but don't worry. I'm positive at least some of us will survive. Maybe.

LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
This's going pretty well. Probably needs more dudes. So here's one!

Rackward the Helmsman

(use the reddish-brown haired one)

Name: Rackward
Description: A former merchant sailor whose ship was nearly sunk by pirates, but he single-handedly fought them all off and became their new captain. He sailed with them for a time, leading them into dastardly crimes on the high seas, before his ship and crew met with an untimely end in a storm. He found himself washed up in <the tiny country you're saving> and started his life anew. He hopes to become a renowned hero now, so as to live a lavish lifestyle.
Other: Someone recognizing Rackward from his pirate days in a town somewhere and attempting to turn him in could make for an interesting scenario. If the party obtains a vehicle, Rackward would presumably be the one to steer it.

Class: Helmsman
Stats: Resist above average. Speed below average. Attack slightly above average. Magic slightly below average.
Weapons: Swords, Guns (shared with Jeffan), Shields
Armor: Light
Skillsets: Water, Light Weaponry
Focus: Crippling attacks that prevent or hamper enemy actions

Victory Quotes:
"Now I'm all worked up. Anyone else want to fight?"
"Save a spot for me in hell."
"That's right! Eat steel, you scallywag!"
"*spit*"
Item Drop Quotes:
"Some nice plunder this time, it seems."
Level Up Quotes:
"Fantastic."
"Sweet success!"
Opening Chest Quotes:
"Some loot here. Looks like quite a haul."
"Riches! Just what I like to see."
Starting Battle Quotes (High HP):
"You picked a fight with the wrong sailor. That's the last mistake you'll ever make."
"To the depths with you, cretin!"
"I'll send you to the sea floor."
"Open the course! Unfurl the topsails! Full speed ahead!"
Starting Battle Quotes (Low HP):
"Careful, my trumps! This one will be trouble!"
"Stay fast, mates!"
"Fight on, lads and lasses! No legend was made without blood!"
Inn Sleep Quotes:
"Another grueling day tomorrow. For now, some shuteye."
Final Battle Quote:
"I'll be a legend. A hero. The man who defeated the Wyrm Wizard. They'll sing my name throughout the lands."

I kind of wanted to use the old man with the beard + eyepatch, but he's one of the NPC graphics you said not to use. He only has one facial expression, so I understand why you don't want him. But he also has a freaking eyepatch which would be great. Oh well, 2 day game, whatever.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
All above characters are on the master list, except Waldsen and Jordain due to portrait duplication issues. They'll both be put on after that's sorted out.

I'm looking forward to playtesting and seeing *spit* as a victory quote, heh.

edit: LockeZ, if this catches on and grows into an expanded version, I'm sure somebody would be willing to edit an eyepatch on!

fakeedit2: Once I wake up tomorrow and the DO SOMETHING event actually starts, I'll try to keep this topic updated with what's been created and such. My current idea for how dungeons work is that you fight chains of battles, then are put into a treasure room. From each treasure room you can choose to exit, fight another chain, or fight to try and get to the boss room with unique treasure (instead of randomly generated stuff). Each dungeon would eventually be cleaned out, though, so you can't really grind an area down.

Not really the prettiest way of doing things, but it'll let me map out a bunch of different areas so I can create an actual country in a very short period of time and still have time to do balancing and playtesting. Towns will be kinda comically small but have interiors, NPCs, and all that.
Sooz
author=LockeZ
I kind of wanted to use the old man with the beard + eyepatch, but he's one of the NPC graphics you said not to use. He only has one facial expression, so I understand why you don't want him. But he also has a freaking eyepatch which would be great. Oh well, 2 day game, whatever.

Shouldn't be too difficult to edit in an eyepatch, if you had your heart set on it.

ETA: By which I mean I will see what I can do.
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread

Rosie the Monk

Name: Rosie "The Riveter" Raines
Description: Brash and impulsive, Rosie is a member of the Dragon Fist. Her task is to reseal the Wyrm Wizard, but she thinks she's capable enough to outright defeat it.

Class: Monk
Stats: Insanely high attack, high speed, low skill points and insanely low magic defense.
Weapons: Claws
Armor: Light/Sleath
Skill Pool: Martial arts, healing, tanking (evasion)

Foci:
Strong single-target physical attacks, taunts enemies into physically attacking her, evades physical damage.

Quotes:
Victory: "That was over quick."
Level-up: "You just can't get any better than this!"
Item drop screen: "Can we use this?"
Opening a chest: "This could be useful!"
Starting a battle (high HP): "Hey, idiot, I'm over here!" | "Think you can mess with me? You've got another thing comin'!"
Starting a battle (low HP): "This... could be bad."
Staying at the Inn: "Weird. I wasn't so tired a moment ago."
Before the final battle with the Wyrm Wizard: "You're goin' down, freak!"
Possible ability quotes: "Time for the ol' one-two! Double Strike!" | "Ultimate technique! Dragon Uppercut!"