UNSUNG STORY: TALE OF THE GUARDIANS: TRPG KICKSTARTED BY YASUMI MATSUNO

Pages: first prev 12 last
$120k-ish to go.

This is looking really good, I hope it meets the amount they're shooting for.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Despite being only 80% of the way there three days ago, they somehow hit their goal with only 20 hours remaining. I always sort of suspect shenanigans when that happens, but if the end result of the shenanigans is that they make the game anyway despite really only having $500k funding, I guess I'm not actually going to complain too hard. And despite my skepticism, it's probably actually legit, since they've been sending out mass emails like mad several times a day for the past week, trying to entice people with everything from gameplay details to increased rewards for backers to an AMA on Reddit.
Tau
RMN sex symbol
Did Matsuno go onto that site Reddit to answer questions? It's like the only thing I check out when on that site when celebs, authors, generally cool people hop on there. Also glad they made their goal I guess.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Matsuno didn't, instead it was Joel Goodman, the CEO of Playdek who's making the game. I'm not even sure if Matsuno speaks English.
author=LockeZ
Despite being only 80% of the way there three days ago, they somehow hit their goal with only 20 hours remaining. I always sort of suspect shenanigans when that happens,

Well kickstarter has the "remind me" feature that reminds interested parties 48 hours before the end date that "maybe you were interested in this" so there's always a boost similar to the first couple of days boost at the end. This boost applies both for things that reached their goal and things that barely did so I really doubt any major shenanigans.
author=LockeZ
Despite being only 80% of the way there three days ago, they somehow hit their goal with only 20 hours remaining. I always sort of suspect shenanigans when that happens, but if the end result of the shenanigans is that they make the game anyway despite really only having $500k funding, I guess I'm not actually going to complain too hard. And despite my skepticism, it's probably actually legit, since they've been sending out mass emails like mad several times a day for the past week, trying to entice people with everything from gameplay details to increased rewards for backers to an AMA on Reddit.

A lot of corporate backers and sponsors wait until the last minute to start throwing their heapfuls of money at Kickstarter projects, that's why projects usually boost way up in the last minute. That, and fans who really want to see the project succeed up their pledges as well.
He was director for Ogre Battle: March of the Black Queen. That is my FAVOURITE GAME OF ALL TIME. This guy has my support!
LockeZ
I know there are lots of legit reasons why it happens but I can't help but suspect every time that it's because the person running the kickstarter pledged to pay himself a hundred thousand dollars of his own money so that he could get everything that was pledged so far. It's probably almost never true, I'm just super cynical.
author=LockeZ
I know there are lots of legit reasons why it happens but I can't help but suspect every time that it's because the person running the kickstarter pledged to pay himself a hundred thousand dollars of his own money so that he could get everything that was pledged so far. It's probably almost never true, I'm just super cynical.

If you don't believe in the good of humanity, just think of it this way: Why would they pay $60000 more than they'd need just to lose 10% of that money due to fees?
author=RyaReisender
If you don't believe in the good of humanity, just think of it this way: Why would they pay $60000 more than they'd need just to lose 10% of that money due to fees?

Because mathematically, they're paying $6000 to get themselves $560,000 for the project, which they probably need to help pay for expenses already accrued - I'd call that a good trade. There's also an instinct in human beings to align themselves with the greater majority, especially if there's a massive surge of popularity. If there's suddenly a massive spike in the funds, especially in the value of 1/6th of the total they want, there's a tendency to be more likely to contribute ("Oh, this project looked like it wasn't going to fly three days ago, but now it's overfunded - I wanted to get in on it, so now that I know it'll succeed, it's a good time!").
No, they are throwing $6000 into the trash bin because $600000 would have been enough to get the money, no need for $660000.

The second reasoning makes more sense. :-)
Pages: first prev 12 last