NAME THAT BGM (CONCLUDED?)

Pages: first 12345 next last
halibabica
RMN's Official Reviewmonger
Since the SMBX engine is compatible with mp3s, people have used all kinds of different music in the stages and games they've made with it. I recently went through a bunch of these games and collected together all the cool tunes that were used.

But the problem is that I don't know what a lot of these songs are. I was able to decipher most of them through Google and YouTube, but some don't even have enough information in their file names to search off of. Thus, I need help identifying these songs I don't know. So I decided to make a forum game out of it!

I'll link these songs one at a time in this thread. Anyone who can tell me the correct title of the song and what it's from will earn a point. Whoever has the most points by the end of my backlog wins. Sound fun? No? Well, goddammit.

Current Song: None, it's over!

Unclaimed (name for points!):
Castle1f
Crystal
dimension2
Spooky1
Spooky2
Spooky3
suspense

Put your video game music knowledge to the test! Name that BGM!

*If the file name and track title are the same, just repeat it in your answer. Also, it's possible not all of these are from video games. Also also, if the source doesn't have an official soundtrack, the name of the place/character/situation will be fine. Basically, if I can plug the answer into YouTube and find it instantly, it's good.

Avee: 3 pts.
Cavern = The Cave - Super Castlevania IV
Dark Castle = Dark Castle Remix - Kirby's Dream Land 2
DC2JURAK = Lizard Dance - Chrono Cross

Marrend: 3 pts.
Credits = Serenade of Sympathy - Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
DT Desert = Go to the Wilderness - 3D Dot Game Heroes
smb3-world6 = Winters White - EarthBound

Jeroen_Sol: 2 pt.
Blizzard = Internet World - Mega Man Battle Network 2
wiiUworld8 = World 8: Peach's Castle - New Super Mario Bros. U

Feldschlacht IV: 1 pt.
Ballroom = Dance of Gold - Castlevania: Symphony of the Night

Isrieri: 1 pt.
Chapel = Requiem for the Gods - Castlevania: Symphony of the Night

GreatRedSpirit: 1 pt.
Clock = The Den - Castlevania: Rondo of Blood

Dyhalto: 1 pt.
funky = Goblin Underworld - King Arthur's World

LockeZ: 1 pt.
Necrofilm = Necrofilm - Aretha II

kentona: 1 pt.
smw-worldmap = Dyna Blade Overworld - Kirby Super Star

Travio: 1 pt.
tarolisk = Tower of the Tarolisk - Skyblazer

Lost Answers:
Confrontation = Carmeaty Burana - Super Meat Boy
crystal sea = Crystal Sea - Super Monkey Ball: Step & Roll
Trial By Fire = Trial By Fire - Sakari Infinity
Symphony of the Night.

EDIT: Dance of Gold, from Castlevania: Symphony of the Night.
Dance of Gold-Castlevania: Symphony of the Night

haters get at me
halibabica
Lo siento, Pizza. I need both the TITLE and the SOURCE. Therefore, Feld gets the point.

That was really quick! That's the kind of enthusiasm that'll get this job done. The next song is: Blizzard!
I shouldn't jump the gun so fucking hard next time. FACK

That sounds suspiciously like a midi version of something from Kirby 64, but since I know it isn't I'm totally baffled.
halibabica
Indeed, it's not from Kirby 64. I have that whole soundtrack already. :3
Blizzard:
I had the feeling it was from a Mega Man game but it took me a while to think of Battle Network 2: Lan's PC theme.
halibabica
Umm...none of the results I'm finding with that description match the song. Sorry, I don't think that's it!
Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
It is in fact from Mega Man Battle Network 2, but it's called: Internet World
halibabica
Hmm! It does seem to be a midi version of that song. I was also able to locate it with a different search for the answer Avee gave. However, Jeroen's seems to be the correct title.

The next song is: Castle1f
Makes me think Fire Emblem. No idea what it is, but that what jumps to mind.
I don't know that song, but you should maybe put them in mp3 tags right in this topic?

Castle1f
halibabica
from Link_2112
I don't know that song, but you should maybe put them in mp3 tags right in this topic?

How did you do that? WHAT SORCERY IS THIS
good idea I will do that
I feel like I should know that one...
First I thought Zelda, then I thought it could be an obscure RPG.
halibabica
Well, I daresay Castle1f has everybody stumped. We'll shelve it for now and try what's next. If someone comes along who knows the unclaimed BGM, you can still name it for a point!

The next song is:
Cavern
Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
I can't believe how Chrono Trigger-esque this sounds. I'm pretty sure it's not Chrono Trigger though...

Maybe it's something different also composed by Yasunori Mitsuda...
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
good thing mitsuda only composed for like five hundred games
I've heard that song before!! But I can't place it. But that should help you guys out, because it probably means that the game was released some time before 2001. :)
Maybe from one of the Lufia games? It reminds me a little of the mermaid/underwater areas.
Wait is this a remix or the song proper? Because it also brings to mind an area in Terranigma.
Hehe.
Super Castlevania 4 - The Caves (stage 3-1)
It wasn't composed by Michiru Yamane but by Taro Kudo (designed some of the Mario RPGs) and some other guy.
Pages: first 12345 next last