MONSTER-CAPTURING FOR PC?

Pages: 1
So I saw someone on another forum asking for PC games that have monster-capturing. Not just playing as monster but more like Pokémon where you can catch them and they evolve. Or even like SMT where you can combine them.

I'm not really into that sort of games. However, I researched for him if I could find any indie RPGs for PC that are like that and I actually found nothing. Could it really be that all those games are for consoles only?

So I was wondering if you know any. Maybe even an RPG Maker game here on RMN with such a feature? I guess RPG Maker isn't really designed for implementing such a system, though...

Any PC game would be fine. I'll forward the suggestions.
There's Soul Shepard. An RMXP game. ...Downside is that it's hard as nails. Upside is that it's the SMT-demon ally collecting sort of game your friend might be into. Downside...yeah, already said it.

Can't think of anything else indie-wise.
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
Oh, where's that Fan Masters article...

Okay, the article doesn't actually give you the links to the games just the names. So let's do a look-up.

Towsif Khan’s Pokemon Battle Flo
Pokemon Trinity
Pokemon Mica

...aaand Pokemon Trinity is down. Hrm.
Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
Here's a link to some of the Pokemon fangames being developed with Essentials, which is a set of RMXP scripts designed to mimic the battle engine of Pokemon:

http://pokemonessentials.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_fangames

What's unfortunate is that most of them aren't completed. I haven't played a lot of the completed games, but I personally recommend Pokemon Raptor EX. It's pretty bare-bones and doesn't try a lot of new things, but as far as Pokemon games go, it's pretty solid.

Besides Pokemon, I really don't know any other games like it in the indie-scene.
Pages: 1