WYRM WARRIORS! DESIGN A LOCATION!

Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
ahanmsrweiosdfklxcnmccccc

yeah i got a job. so that's a good thing! unfortunately i also like to sleep. sadly this project was not finished in the original two days... why do i do things like that to myself???? ???///????>..da

if somebody wants the ace project with all the nicely organized files and some script edits and whatnot, just holler. until then i'm going to go sleep or something

tl;dr: craze is a scumbag
unity
You're magical to me.
Nah, Craze is still a cool guy.

I'd like to see this project completed, one way or another, tho. Maybe we can still make it work as a community. I personally don't understand the scripting part so much, but I could help in other ways.

What does everyone think?
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
You could probably get the people to actually make these towns and safe areas, instead of just describing them.

I mean, I'm not gonna make all five that I submitted. But I'd probably make, like, two of the three that aren't terrible. (Sludge Dam is kinda terrible and Cannonburg is intentionall terrible)
unity
You're magical to me.
That's a great idea, but I'm also concerned about who's leading the project. Craze, if I'm reading your post right, it sounds like you have obligations now that will prevent you from being the team lead? Are you alright with handing that over to someone else?
I think we should still make the game like a Craze game. Do our best imitation of a Craze game we possibly can?
Craze
that would be admittedly HILARIOUS

edit: i mean, the ideas come from the community. i'd say it's owned by everybody. i just acted as a catalyst!
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
author=thatbennyguy
Do our best imitation of a Craze game we possibly can?
Location Name: Tower of Forests
Type: Labyrinthine tower with a boss on each floor
Biome: Forest biome, with grass and trees and ponds and rocks, but inexplicably inside of a tower
Character tie-ins: Craze's original two characters, Andri and Daji, have been exploring the floors of this tower. They were with a group of 16 other warriors, but everyone died except them, and now they're stuck.
Relevance: The Wyrm Wizard hired a man known as Q'rase the Mad Architect to build this tower as a fortress for his troops to work from. However, it's now almost empty.
Description/other details: Andri and Daji can't gain any more XP because all the monsters are already dead, and they ran out of healing items so their friends' corpses rotted. They also can't leave, because the stairs are all inexplicably one-way. Despite the architect starting over dozens of times, the tower was never finished, and the upper floors are inaccessible. Only the demonstration section of the tower was ever completed, and Q'rase the Mad Architect, builder of the tower, is the only enemy still alive inside - he serves as the final boss of his own dungeon. Andri and Daji will join the team if the player defeats the boss with them. Several forested floors of the tower are accessible, but are devoid of enemies and all the treasure chests are already opened - the player must simply walk through them.
Wyrm Warriors: A largely non-linear game with standing encounters doing that step animation and being made to constantly face you, winding RTP dungeons, Japanese techno soundtrack, a comically huge character roster with caricatured personalities, little punishment for loss, no game overs, standing icon sprites that represent plot points and general tutorials, a slew of Yanfly scripts, f**k-hard bosses, and approximately twice as many gameplay hours as there should be.

Well boys, looks like we've got a recipe for a fine time.
Craze
MY RM* VENTURE GAME IS LIKE HALF AN HOUR LONG OKAY
LockeZ
craze we tease because we love you
Craze
the sad part is how accurate this all is

alas. back to DEViL::ender, the game that bucks all of these trends in the name of aluxes
unity
You're magical to me.
author=Craze
if somebody wants the ace project with all the nicely organized files and some script edits and whatnot, just holler. until then i'm going to go sleep or something

I'd like to request this! :D
unity
You're magical to me.
WYRM WARRIORS is back in business (see this post for the full details). For now, let's take a look at the non-dungeon locations we have so far:

Villages:

Tortura Island by LockeZ
Caracal Oasis by Jess24
Hoffzen by Marrend and unity
Perilswine Traders by LockeZ

Towns:

The Sludge Dam by LockeZ
Osis by Liberty
Marison by thatbennyguy

Cities:

Monster City by Arandomgamemaker
Cherusta by unity

Other locations:

The Sheer Lift of Uiraran by LockeZ
Cannonburg by LockeZ (may or may not be a joke entry)
The Wastes by Shades (also contains the Temple of Garanaath by unity)
Library of Lost Souls by Skie Fortress
Dr. Yoadtl's Lab by seiromem
Shady Rest by Sooz
The Cliffs of Versanz by Liberty
Fort Moglietta by thatbennyguy
St. Vertwick Cathedral by thatbennyguy

Add to that the Keep of Legends (name subject to change) where the journey starts and the Wyrm Wizard's Lair (which technically goes under dungeons) and this looks like a great amount of locations.

I'd like to open this up for people to volunteer to make maps, starting with creators who are willing to make their own locations into maps. Here are the guidelines:

1) All of these will be in VX Ace, as that's the engine being used for the game.

2) RTP will be primarily used for maps, but you may use custom resources if they match the RTP style. Please provide these with the map, as well as letting me know who to give credit to if the resources are custom. For NPCs, use the RTP characters unless you have a very good reason for a certain NPC to be custom (and if so, please contact me or comment here).

3) Try to keep things simple and tightly-packed. Village maps, overall, shouldn't exceed 80 by 80 squares and towns shouldn't exceed 140 by 140 (mapping pros, lemme know if those numbers sound off XD) For cities, its preferable if each of the districts of the city (which there should be three) get their own map.

4)I encourage you to add any amount of NPCs as you like to give off the flavor of the town. If you add shopkeepers, however, please leave their inventory blank or put a comment in their event if their shop should sell specific items.

As for how to share the content, the best way I've found is to create a new project, make the map in that project, and then compress the game data (with no encryption) and upload it. If there's a better method, please let me know and I'll add it here :D
Anybody who isn't confident in their mapping skills or just doesn't feel like mapping for this project, or doesn't have Ace can load their mapping burden onto my back.

It'll make great practice so don't be shy. I'd love to map your city/town and help out.
Can we please have a sample of what a map currently looks like? So that we know what mapping style to use for the game?
It's the RTP. What style are you talking about :/
LockeZ
You can use the RTP a lot of different ways.
What LockeZ said. Things I would look for are: map size, sparsity of detail, straightness of roads - a style of mapping that I can try to emulate so there's not too much of a clash of different techniques used.
LockeZ
my sneaking suspicion is that absolutely zero maps are probably done, with the possible exception of the Tower of Forests
Let's get cracking with some rough drafts then? Once we decide on a style we can just remodel our stuff based on that.