I DON'T KNOW ABOUT YOU ALL, BUT A FEMALE SQUALL FOR FF8 WOULD HAVE BEEN COOL.

I know weird, but a female Squall would have been more badass! I guess in a parallel universe she exists. (if your into quantum physics theories).

- The face is not girly enough.
- No high school uniform or cute outfit.
- Nonsensical weapon.
- No high pitch, squeaky voice acting.

=> No buy.
Why does she need to be sexed up? She's a fucking soldier. She shouldn't have to show of breasts and thighs. Ugh. See, this is why we can't have badass female roles - men like to make them wear ridiculous clothing. First one is fine, but give her a proper bra so everything doesn't bounce around (that shit hurts, yo, and is not conducive to fighting) and fucking pants like male Squall.

I mean, if you're going to go for badass female soldier why not make her BADASS SOLDIER? Why breasts and thighs popping out where they can be sliced and cut and scrape and injured. Fuck that noise. Squall - the character of - is a soldier who can handle a team in battle. Is hardened enough to know what not to wear on the field (basketball shorts and a tee are not it. Nor is bra and panties ffs) in order to not get killed and fuck! Squall is experienced, no-nonsense and doesn't care about what others think. Do you really think the character would run around in those kinds of clothes? Fuck no. Not and be taken seriously as a commanding officer.

If there's one thing I give FF8 and 9 credit for its that the female cast wasn't overly sexualised when it came to clothes. Sure, there was a bit of 'cutesy' and 'flesh here a bit' around, but for the most part the female cast were pretty conservative compared to some of the later games. (Yes, Ashe, I'm looking at you.)

@MrD: Face is fine. Why does it need to be 'girly' for her to count as a viable female character?
Fuck high school uniforms. Is she a high schooler? No, she's a fucking soldier.
Weapon is the same as Squall. What you (probably) mean is that for a girl it's nonsensical to have a gun or blade because, of course, only men can wield them because they're manly.
Oh God. Seriously? Most 20+ year old women usually don't sound like squeaks, nor have high pitch. I certainly do not squeak (much - and only when particularly excited. I do not squeak when killing things.)

ugh.

If we're to reach equality we have to fuck this 'oooh she has to look like a girl and show off her tits and ass' shit. Frankly, it's disgusting and pathetic. If you're going to have a girl run around in a thong, have men running around in them too. >:O

Kyrsty, you're our resident Squall expert. Could you see Squall!femme wearing those kinds of clothes into battle?
@Kaliesto Hey! Not sure if you heard of it or not but there's this popular game called final fantasy 13 that features a badass heroine, she's very Squallish* from what I've seen. Heck, in the third game you can even dress her up if you wanted to! :O

*It's not blasphemy to compare the two, right?
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Liberty: I'm like 130% sure Mr Detective was being sarcastic

However, I found a version for you that has normal clothes. But it was too normal. So then I found one with normal clothes that still invokes MAXIMUM WEIRDNESS FACTOR:
unity
You're magical to me.
author=Liberty
Ugh. See, this is why we can't have badass female roles - men like to make them wear ridiculous clothing.

Not to mention that you can seriously undermine a character's personality that way. If you have a flirty character and they dress to show off their body a bit, that's one thing, but so many creators take a female character who's a no-nonsense, badass lady warrior, and still have her breasts and legs all bare and exposed, and, for me at least, it causes a serious disconnect when their outfit seems to completely go against their character.
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
Why, exactly, would Squall be any more baddass as a woman than as a man? You're showing us these character designs as if they were reasons onto themselves. However, even if you showed us designs that were more consistent with the personality of "Squall", I don't think it would mean much?
SunflowerGames
The most beautiful user on RMN!

Tidus should have been a girl. He cried so much.
Gotta love the female Squall's hair. XD
author=kory_toombs

Wait, you mean... that Tidus.... ?

author=kory_toombs

Yeah. Because only women cry. :/

Tell me how crying is a female only thing again? Is it because it's considered weak in some way?
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
author=kory_toombs

Are you trying to get this into the Archive as fast as possible? Or get banned? I don't understand why you thought this statement was acceptable.
Paine is pretty much a female Squall.
Maybe that's why I never bothered to play FFX-2 (aside from the fact that I didn't like the game that gave birth to it). One Squall is bad enough.
Solitayre
Circumstance penalty for being the bard.
Hey guys, remember that thing we talked about a few weeks ago? It didn't stop being a thing or anything.
author=unity
author=Liberty
Ugh. See, this is why we can't have badass female roles - men like to make them wear ridiculous clothing.
Not to mention that you can seriously undermine a character's personality that way. If you have a flirty character and they dress to show off their body a bit, that's one thing, but so many creators take a female character who's a no-nonsense, badass lady warrior, and still have her breasts and legs all bare and exposed, and, for me at least, it causes a serious disconnect when their outfit seems to completely go against their character.

This totally goes both ways, though. I'm probably going to shoot myself for posting a picture of this character, because I hate him with a passion (but so does everyone else, so whatever).

UGH, VAAN.