I DON'T KNOW ABOUT YOU ALL, BUT A FEMALE SQUALL FOR FF8 WOULD HAVE BEEN COOL.

Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
Based on FF8 Characters, Female Squall is technically Ultimecia.
All we need now is a human Angelo pic.
I don't think Nomura designed FFXII's characters.

author=Liberty
Why does she need to be sexed up? She's a fucking soldier. She shouldn't have to show of breasts and thighs.

I entirely agree with the sentiment of your post, but I feel compelled to point out that the clothes you see Squall (and everyone else) wearing for 99% of the game is his civilian clothes, not his military uniform.

Solitayre
Circumstance penalty for being the bard.
Well, the SeeD military uniform for girls in FF8 had a really, really short skirt, so I'm not sure that argument holds water.
didn't this become a final fantasy dogs thread WHERE ARE THE REST OF THE DOGS LET'S POST

kefka's the best
Guess the 2nd picture at the beginning cameback, so it wasn't so offending lol.
halibabica
RMN's Official Reviewmonger
from Kaliesto
Guess the 2nd picture at the beginning cameback, so it wasn't so offending lol.

Nah, that picture just has trouble loading for some reason. I've seen it vanish a few times.
That's fine by me, but sexing up when not necessary... especially when it's not in the nature of the character? I'm pretty damn sure that Squall - male or female - would dress like the default design - simple with adornments, comfortable and easy to move. I don't need to quote the shit I wrote on rmw about appropriate clothing do I?
It was just a joke. No need to push things this far.

You could have just let this thread go, instead of digging it up. Just drop that attitude, you're being really annoying and hostile.
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
author=Liberty
I don't need to quote the shit I wrote on rmw about appropriate clothing do I?

Actually, I'm a bit curious if you'd be willing to supply a link. :X

author=Mr_Detective

You could have just let this thread go, instead of digging it up. Just drop that attitude, you're being really annoying and hostile.

This is important, and you of all people should listen up.
unity
You're magical to me.
author=Mr_Detective

Dude, seriously not cool. She has a good point. Just because you don't agree with it doesn't mean you should respond that way.
author=Corfaisus
This is important, and you of all people should listen up.

author=unity
Dude, seriously not cool. She has a good point. Just because you don't agree with it doesn't mean you should respond that way.

It is, if the thread was something intentionally (and/or actually) sexist. However, it was such a simple thread of "Hey, maybe Cloud would look like this if he was female!". And for some reason you guys just had to make it more controversial. Equality is all fine and good, but you guys are really overreacting about this.

What was really not cool is the way Liberty responded. Just because you don't like something doesn't mean you have to be hostile and create controversy about it.

author=Liberty
Why does she need to be sexed up?

Because it's a fanart and they want to make her look more attractive. Simple as that. Same with male characters. You want to see badass female characters with appropriate clothing? There's plenty of them out there.
Yellow Magic
Could I BE any more Chandler Bing from Friends (TM)?
author=Mr_Detective
What was really not cool is the way Liberty responded. Just because you don't like something doesn't mean you have to be hostile and create controversy about it.

I don't see anything hostile about what Liberty wrote. You sound awfully offended by a valid point, dude...
i don't care what gender/sex/whatever squall is I am gonna get up in that business an d spread the true mission of SeeD goddamn
Yellow Magic
Could I BE any more Chandler Bing from Friends (TM)?
Squall can pull my trigger any day

I really want to handle Squall's gunblade

Maybe I'm a lion because Squall makes me go WROOOOAR
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
author=Mr_Detective
author=Liberty
Why does she need to be sexed up?
Because it's a fanart and they want to make her look more attractive. Simple as that.

I love how attractive is synonymous with sexed up... Oh dear, what happened here?

author=Mr_Detective
Not quite offended, but more like disturbed with her attitude. I thought she was drunk or her account was hijacked by someone else.

If any woman at any time has anything to say that is of any degree of importance or relevance, immediately disregard as drunk. *kawaii-desu*
author=Yellow Magic
author=Mr_Detective
I don't see anything hostile about what Liberty wrote. You sound awfully offended by a valid point, dude...

Not quite offended, but more like disturbed with her attitude. I thought she was drunk or her account was hijacked by someone else. If you didn't see the hostility, then that's fine. Her point might be valid, but she was still extremely overreacting and it was unnecessary for a thread like this.
Welp, Welp! might not be the best place to discuss character aesthetics and sexualization anyway.
If anyone wants to start a topic in the GD&T forum, I'm sure many of us have an opinion on the subject.