THE TOP RM GAMES OF ALL TIME

I'm not adding my two cents to this list because I'm not qualified to make a list of the Top RM Games of All Time. Why? Because I've only played about 1000 RM games and that's not all of them. And that does not count any of the awesome games that have been released in other non-English communities, or even all the English ones. So, yeah, I'm not gonna do this.

That said, I have some favourites that I will share because I'm pretty sure there will be a lot that are just skipped over because they're either old or not well-known. Feel free to add them to your own lists if you remember them and found any of them neat.

The one butterfly game that I still don't remember the name of and can't find anywhere that was made in (I believe) XP for one of 'x' Hour Game Make RMN birthday events. It took about 5 minutes to finish but it was such a sweet piece of work and I'm so upset I can't find the damn thing and that no-one seems to remember it. :/

Beautiful Escape: Dungeoneer
Star Stealing Prince
Grumpy Knight
Ara Fell
Exit Fate
Backstage
Clock of Atonement

Clouded Heart
The Way
Notes of the Second Mellynd War
Story of Innocence
Legion Saga II
Romancing Walker
Love and War
The Frozen World
Kinetic Cypher (Again)
Dhux's Scar
Leo and Leah
The Most Stupidest Game Ever: Re-duh!
Everlasting Journey
Three The Hard Way
Paradise Blue
The Longing Ribbon
Hero's Realm
Sunset Over Imdahl

Frankly, there's a hell of a lot more games I could add to this list but it's hot and I'm tired.
Tau
RMN sex symbol
I'm glad someone else remembers The Most Stupidest Game Ever Re-Duh :D

Also pretty much what Liberty said, there's just too many I haven't played plus the French, German, etc community's contributions. I guess I could list a few faves though..

Raciela
Sunset Over Imdahl
Balmung Cycle
The Legend of the Philosophers Stone
Story of Innocence
The Most Stupidest Game Ever Re-Duh
Ryuukishi No Me II
Ascendence
A Blurred Line
Wilfred the Hero
Devil Hunter Seeker of Power
Legion Saga Trilogy
Velsarbor
Dhux's Scar
Star Stealing Prince
Heroes Realm
Seekers of the Sun
Blackmoon Prophecy
Pokemon The Evil Inside 2
Gens 2
Iron Gaia Series
Zephyrus and the Kingdom of Heaven
Romancing Walker
The Realms Shattered
Kindred Saga
Naufragar Crimson
Rose Chronicles
Children of Mazae
Until My Finest Hour
Gaia's Destiny A New Threat
Final Frontier Boundless Heart
Backstage
Dreamstar
FF Endless Nova
Idunn Ymiraldor
Beloved Rapture
Homeland

This list may have gone on too long :\
Seiromem
I would have more makerscore If I did things.
I haven't played any of the games on anybody's lists.

Well, uh, yeah.... that's a thing.....
I had this typed out in a tab for ages but didn't click post because I couldn't think of ten right away >_> Only going off what I have actually played enough of to judge (so probably missing some of the more well-loved games simply due to not having played them or played them enough), and heavily biased by personal taste - here goes:

1. Set Discrepancy
2. Space Funeral
3. Sore Losers: Riot Grrrl
4. Leo & Leah: A Love Story
5. Edifice
6. Necropolis
7. Alter A.I.L.A. Genesis
8. Lunacity
9. Sore Losers (has probs aged badly by community standards but has a special place in my rm-heart as it was the first RM game I completed and showed me what RM gams could be)
10. Sundown Project (would have scored higher had it been more substantial but it deserves a mention for being neat and fun)
author=seiromem

Yea I'm looking at a lot of these top 10 lists and noticing I haven't played one game on them. But when there's 1000s of RM games I guess that's just going to happen.
author=ArtBane
author=seiromem

Yea I'm looking at a lot of these top 10 lists and noticing I haven't played one game on them. But when there's 1000s of RM games I guess that's just going to happen.

I haven't even heard of a lot of the games I'm seeing! I'm also surprised that I'm the only one thus far to mention some games such as Exit Fate, NigSek, Sunset Over Imdahl, or The Frozen World. They've all been highly praised at one point or another.

It's insane how many games we have to draw from for this. It's like posting this for commercial games and saying, "So guys, what are your top ten favourite games to come out for any commercial console starting from Intellivision and ending with the new console generation?"
I like stories. I think this shows.

EDIT: Making some changes since my list hasn't been incorporated into the table yet.

1. The Way
2. A Blurred Line
3. Sunset over Imdahl
4. Forever's End Episode 1
5. Kindred Saga
6. Jay's Journey
7. Until My Finest Hour
8. Leo and Leah
9. Nigsek
10. The Book of Three
I haven't played many RPG Maker games (I don't think 15 is a good number...), but welp, I can try...

1. OFF
2. Palette
3. Pom Gets Wi-fi
4. Ib
5. Cognitive Dissonance
6. Star Stealing Prince
7. Space Funeral
8. ovnogesl (v3)
9. Wither
10. I'm Scared of Girls
author=UPRC
author=ArtBane
author=seiromem

I haven't even heard of a lot of the games I'm seeing! I'm also surprised that I'm the only one thus far to mention some games such as Exit Fate, NigSek, Sunset Over Imdahl, or The Frozen World. They've all been highly praised at one point or another.

It's insane how many games we have to draw from for this. It's like posting this for commercial games and saying, "So guys, what are your top ten favourite games to come out for any commercial console starting from Intellivision and ending with the new console generation?"

1. Diablo 2: LOD
2. Super Mario Bros 3
3. KOTOR 2
4. Chrono Trigger
5. Final Fantasy VI
6. Command & Conquer
7. Super Smash Bros.
8. Dragon Quest IX
9. E.V.O. Search for Eden
10. Baldur's Gate
Now how many lists would be almost identical? ;)

I think the only one that would be on my list too is FF6. Mario 3 maybe, though I liked Mario World a lot more.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Yo, A Blurred Line, I'm really happy for you, I'mma let you finish, but Double Trouble was one of the best RPG Maker games of all time. Of all time!
1. Tales of the Drunken Paladin
2. Esper Wing Chronicle
3. Legionwood 1
4. Intelligence
5. OFF
6. The Drop
7. Yume Nikki
8. Pro Whaling 2012
9. Quest Fantasy
10. Hero: The Princess Pursuit

Mmmmmmmbro.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Yume Nikki so good it's number 4 and number 7? Damn son.
@Liberty and @Tau Do you have a ranked list of your Top 10 favourites so I can aggregate the scores and add them to the main list? Otherwise I can't.

And I believe you're more qualified to make a top 10 list than quite a few others. It's like saying you can't have a top 10 movies list because you haven't seen all the movies that were ever made. There's still those few that sit out from the rest, right?

Also, I won't be able to aggregate the list until Monday because I'm out of town TIL then, and bbcode tables are hell to edit on an IPad.
author=LockeZ
Yume Nikki so good it's number 4 and number 7? Damn son.

oh fuck, lol

Thanks for pointing that out, total mistake on my part. Hold on, fixing.
I remember a lot of these games in the list! I think A Blurred Line is much older than 2007 though. I think maybe its last version was released around 2002?

Hasn't anybody mentioned Velsarbor yet? It didn't have a very good story, but its technical design and graphics are pretty lovely even for today's standards. ^^
I think Top 10 Favorite RM games would fit this thread's title a lot better. There's literally too many games for RM that I just haven't played until I lp'd. Some of them being hidden gems.

I think it does great injustice to a lot of hidden gems once I listed my top best. Like really, how many people here knows about Nocturne: Rebirth, Standstill Girl before it was even released in English, Alphanut's Sacred Tears and their storyline continuity, Enu's game series like that Vampire girl, the Princess and the Knight, Little World, Seraphic Blue with Partial Translation or Helen's Mysterious Castle that even was submitted to IGF 2013 and other non-english RM games I had played that are pretty badass. A lot being can surprass or rival the list in technical systems or plot and world building. (yes, I went there)

I didn't even tackle R18+ RM games with deep plots.
Preface/Credibility Disclaimer: I've only finished ~10 of the 200+ Rm games I have ever played (and enjoyed)
1.Everlong
2.Hero's Realm
3.Fable of Heroes
4.Final Fantasy: Blackmoon Prophecy
5.Super Mario RPG:The Seven sages
6.Shichimenchouken
7.Dragon Fantasy
8.Castlevania: Sonata in Red
9.Tales of a Drunken Paladin
10.Shukumei Star

And,Just for Fun:Honorable mentions/future candidates:
Epic Elf
Final Fantasy: Time Again
Logomancer
Menagerie
Reminiscence
Hellion
Myth Xaran
Legends of Illarion
Sore Losers
...And many more that made this list hard as FUCK
Tau
RMN sex symbol
@thatbennyguy - Sorry man, was just mentioning some of the games I've like over the years, I wouldn't know where to begin with ordering them. I will say A Blirred Line though is my fave so I guess you could vote that up. Also A Blurred Line came out in 2001 man not 2007 and Legion Saga, all three of them came out within two years, 2000-2001 which I think is crazy even to this day because they were of decent length as well.
aammm, this are the topics that make me wonder why I am still doing in this forum... starless umbra is one of the very few I played and the only one I remember liking it a lot, but seeing it no ones list make me curious, so yeah.... starless umbra and then Tau's avatar.

I know that doesn't count at all, just wanted to said I like how this is going :).