4. Lisa: the First
5. Final Fantasy Black Moon Prophecy
6. Ib
7. Nebulus
8. Subject
9. Heartache 101
10. Pom Gets WiFi

author=robb0226
I see Spirit Legends got put on here and has "?"s by all the info... Just letting you know I created the game, in VXA, finished in 2013. Hope that helps, and thanks for voting for it!

No problem!
Updated.

Here's a couple of interesting lists I decided to compile:

RM's Favorite Games of 2013 (updated list)

1. Homework Salesman
2. The Drop
3. Pom Gets Wi-Fi
4=. Phantom Legacy (Redux), Suzy and freedom
6. The Grumpy Knight
7=. Menagerie, Touhou: Wandering Souls
9. Spirit Legends
10=. Subject, Enelysion, Gingiva, Paranormal Syndrome, Rust and Blood, Lunar Wish: Orbs of Fate

RM's Favourite Incomplete Games

1. Ara Fell
2. Forever's End
3. Kinetic Cipher (Again)
4=. Memento Vivere, Necropolis, Set Discrepancy, Spirit In The Mirror
8. Crystalis: Sonata of the Far-Away Sky
9=. Alter A.I.L.A. Variant, Cell Chamber, Sore Losers: Riot Grrl, Quintessence: The Blighted Venom

RM's Favourite Fangames

1. Final Fantasy Blackmoon Prophecy
2. Super Mario RPG: The Seven Sages
3. Touhou: Wandering Souls
4. Dragon Quest: Legacy of the Lost
5. Pokemon Reborn
6. Final Fantasy Endless Nova
7=. Castlevania: Sonata In Red, Chrono Alter

RM's Favourite VXAce Games

1. Wine & Roses
2. Homework Salesman
3. The Drop
4. The Grumpy Knight
5. Menagerie
6. Esper Wing Chronicle
7. Spirit Legends
8=. Subject, Rust and Blood, Lunar Wish: Orbs of Fate

Number of games on list, by engine

1. 2k3 (50 games)
2. 2k (37 games)
3. XP (28 games)
4. VXA (21 games)
5. VX (19 games)
6. Unknown (3 games)
7. 95 (2 games)
Do we HAVE to provide 10?
I only have three that I really love, and that's

1. To The Moon
2. The Mirror Lied
3. Schuld (English Translation)
author=Redd
Do we HAVE to provide 10?

Nope! As it says in the rules:

author=thatbennyguy
You are to post your Top 10 RPG Maker Games (in your opinion) as a comment in this thread, or as many as you can think of.
I think something in your table has messed up, I see 2 additional columns with seemingly random data (a year and a score).

Edit: We should add to that rule something like "If you list less than 10 games, you obligate yourself to at least play one game from the current top 10 of that list that you haven't played yet". ;-)
author=RyaReisender
I think something in your table has messed up, I see 2 additional columns with seemingly random data (a year and a score).

My bad. That was actually me counting the number of games listed per year.
author=Sated
1. 2k3 (50 games)
2. 2k (37 games)
3. XP (28 games)
4. VXA (21 games)
5. VX (19 games)
6. Unknown (3 games)
7. 95 (2 games)

LONG LIVE THE FUCKING KING

Word.
I've only played a few games that were really memorable and I played for a while (or all the way through), so I'll just rank those.

1. Homework Salesman
2. Ib
3. Leo & Leah
4. The Drop

Haha, I had to give it a shot :)

Hmm. Sorry man, I'm not sure you should be able to vote for your own game. My bad, I should have made that clear on the first rulepage. Editing it now.
Well I would think that much is obvious.
I dunno, I'd vote for my own games if I actually thought they are better than other games I played unless the rules state otherwise.
(Note: I don't use Enterbrain engines, so that question didn't really matter for me in this case.)
Hey, good job on making and updating this topic. Some interesting results; I'd have imagined Yume Nikki to rank much higher since it's made a bigger splash and spawned more following than almost any other RM game. I guess we really are a fragmented community.

Anyway, let's do this. My top spots are not extremely original, but I won't risk muddling the truthful expression of democracy by overscoring other games based on their current position in the poll. Evaluating RM games popularity accurately is serious business.

1. The Way
2. A Blurred Line
3. I Miss the Sunrise
4. Set Discrepancy
5. To The Moon
6. Star Stealing Prince
7. Leo and Leah
8. Aedemphia (status should be ongoing, it's nearing completion)
9. Dark Soul (2001, RM2k, El Diablo)
10. Profit Motive (probably in hiatus)

With honorable mentions for nostalgia's sake (since I stopped obsessively playing games around 2004, my references are pretty dusty)
Forever Across Dreams/Angels of Exodus
Final Fallacy
Delusive Choice
Tyrant God Saga
Rm2k Survivor NYSE
Well, Yume Nikki... when I first heard about it and played it I thought amazing idea and very unique. But the game itself doesn't have too much to it and it's simply not very intuitive (hardly possible to guess which ability to use where). So looking back at it later, it wasn't actually a very good game, just a good game idea.

There are Yume Nikki clones I like a lot more (like Miserere which I voted for).
author=Hasvers
8. Aedemphia (status should be ongoing, it's nearing completion)
9. Dark Soul (2001, RM2k, El Diablo)
10. Profit Motive (probably in hiatus)

Thanks for these corrections. List updated.
author=RyaReisender
So looking back at it later, it wasn't actually a very good game, just a good game idea.

I totally agree, but I nevertheless expected fans to vote for it en masse. I guess they just never set foot on RMN.

Incidentally, data analysis geeks around here might be pleased to know that the rank-frequency distribution in this list looks like it's not exactly a Zipf, more like log(x)/x. Cool story huh.
I pretty sure shichimenchouken was finished in 2001, and castlevania sonata in red was finished in 2008
KingArthur
( ̄▽ ̄)ノ De-facto operator of the unofficial RMN IRC channel.
1. Romancing Walker
2. Legion Saga (1, 2, 3, R)
3. Deus Cards
4. Love & War: Act 1
5. Final Fallacy
6. The Chronicles of Haledos
7. Kindred Saga
8. Land of Dreams
9. The Kyrent Project 1 & 2
10. Redmoon Saga

Honorable mention: Don's Adventure (aka: Sample Game).
List updated. Although I could not find any information about the following:

• The Chronicles of Haledos

• The Kyrent Project

• Redmoon Saga

• Irisu Syndrome

It would be nice if someone could clear up what engine, author and year these games used, were made by, and were made in. Cheers.
Wow KingArthur either this is a joke or you stopped playing rm games after 2002.

Irisu Syndrome is not a RM game as far as I know. The other three are RM2k and before 2004. Redmoon Saga was in 2000 if I recall well.