THE TOP RM GAMES OF ALL TIME

As much warm fuzzies as I get seeing Alter Aila Genesis all the way up there atnear the top, come on guys why haven't any of you grinded it into the dust with stronger, more powerful games. Not even going to ask why Variant's up there too.

The only RM games I've played recently are naughty ecchi games that aren't allowed on RMN, so I guess I shouldn't post those. So basically the list below isn't definite and pretty much done from memory, but ey,

1. Balmung Cycle
2. Ill Will
3. Ara Fell 2k3
4. Taut
5. Kinetic Cipher (Again)

...Sorry I can't remember anymore.
will we ever find the ABL of vx games?
author=Darken

I'm the one to make it. Not now, but surely somewhere in the distant future. Trust me.
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
author=Neok
As much warm fuzzies as I get seeing Alter Aila Genesis all the way up there atnear the top, come on guys why haven't any of you grinded it into the dust with stronger, more powerful games. Not even going to ask why Variant's up there too.

People have, it's just nostalgia.

author=Darken

1. I played ABL and found myself in the minority of people that just kind of found it okay.
2. That being said, VX games will never be great.
author=Neok

The only RM games I've played recently are naughty ecchi games that aren't allowed on RMN, so I guess I shouldn't post those. So basically the list below isn't definite and pretty much done from memory, but ey,

1. Balmung Cycle
2. Ill Will
3. Ara Fell 2k3
4. Taut
5. Kinetic Cipher (Again)

...Sorry I can't remember anymore.

Noek is stuck in 2005 help
Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
loling my butt off that threads like this are STILL allowed. I guess some things will never change.

ah but aren't we all?

joke the second:

The only RM games I've played recently are naughty ecchi games that aren't allowed on RMN, so I guess I shouldn't post those.

I guess his peepee isn't (stuck in 2005).

EDIT: snark retracted! this thread was a balm for my bruised ego.
author=Max McGee
ah but aren't we all?

Pshaw! Unlike you plebs I'm stuck in 2010.
I hope to make the jump to 2012 in the next few months too once I find a shovel and get an old project out of the way.
Updated.

In recent news, A Blurred Line hits 100.

author=Darken

Sure, right after we find the Godfather of modern cinema.
1. Devil Hunter 2: Seeker of Power
2. A Blurred Line
3. The Way
4. Hero's Realm
5. Exit Fate
6. Legend of the Philosopher's Stone
7. Starless Umbra
8. Final Fantasy Blackmoon Prophecy
9. Alter A.I.L.A. Genesis
10. Kinetic Cipher (Again)

I was so tempted to not include ABL just to keep it's 100 ranking.

Other games I considered:
Everlong
Legacies of Dondoran
Paradise Blue
Pirates
Three the Hard Way
Velsarbor (if only I could understand it)
Pulits
Jack Daniel's Evangelist
My favorite RPG Maker games are Idunn Ymiraldor and Grave Spirit.
Last post a year ago, eh. Just want to bump this, since the list helped me find quite a few good games.
Been playing RPG Maker games since around 2003-2004 from time to time, but didn't realy bother to make an account, which I did just recently

Anyway - here goes my current top 10, still need to play a few games with good reputation, but I doubt it will change any of the top 6-7:

1. Seraphic Blue
2. The Way
3. A Blurred Line
4. Alter A.I.L.A. Genesis
5. Demon Legacy
6. Star Stealing Prince
7. Wine & Roses
8. Master of The Wind
9. Phantom Legacy (Redux)
10. Tales of Drunken Paladin
1-Final Fallacy
2-Hero's realm (Pfft..obvious)
3-Bob's Big adventure
4-Demon legacy
5-Dragon Fantasy (all of them but i liked II..)
6-FinalBound (Wait,i enjoyed playing my own game?.)
6-Final Fantasy Blackmoon
There's still more but i also can't remember,for now!!
oddRABBIT
I feel bored. How odd.
1. Toilet in Wonderland
2. Ib
3. OFF
4. The Witch' House

I haven't actually gotten to playing any RPGmaker games, really. I've mostly been trying to work with making a proper horror game, but I don't like using just RTP stuff.
1. Vampires Dawn
2. To The Moon
3. Heartache 101
harmonic
It's like toothpicks against a tank
My least popular game gets listed, my half a million steam codes redeemed game does not. Ha
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
harmonic
My least popular game gets listed, my half a million steam codes redeemed game does not. Ha

i thought you intelligent enough to understand that it's two very different audiences between those that seek free rm* games and those who play all the crappy rm* rpgs on steam, but i guess you just wanted to lick your balls in a necro'd topic anyway

the sword and the fish and leo & leah are pretty good.

author=harmonic
Sell you games DRM-free on Humble Store and I'd appreciate them more.

Edit: I see your website offers PayPal as payment option now so I guess I'll have to take that back.

I really enjoyed Deadly Sin 2, but never played your other games. Skyborn seemed to be lacking combat (I like combat heavy games) and Echoes of Aetheria looks really cool, but seems a bit expensive when buying it directly from your website and I don't like Steam, so...

I mostly get my non-free Indie RPGs from GoG or Humble Store (if DRM-free) during sales these days.
harmonic
It's like toothpicks against a tank
author=Craze
harmonic
i thought you intelligent enough to understand that it's two very different audiences between those that seek free rm* games and those who play all the crappy rm* rpgs on steam, but i guess you just wanted to lick your balls in a necro'd topic anyway

the sword and the fish and leo & leah are pretty good.

Yep, leave it up to Craze to come out swinging at me because I'm me!

Yes, I understand it's different audiences. I was making a passing observation on the rather insular and specific sample set happening in this thread. Hardly any actual fucks given.

Skyborn isn't "crappy." It's actually really good. It is quite popular on Steam. But I understand why you have to say that because...

It's obvious that the old guard of RMN doesn't like it when commercial games get popular, specifically if the author is Amanda, me, or Aldorlea. Can't you just be happy for your fellow RM users who took a different path with the software?
author=harmonic
Yep, leave it up to Craze to come out swinging at me because I'm me!

Yes, I understand it's different audiences. I was making a passing observation on the rather insular and specific sample set happening in this thread. Hardly any actual fucks given.

Skyborn isn't "crappy." It's actually really good. It is quite popular on Steam. But I understand why you have to say that because...

It's obvious that the old guard of RMN doesn't like it when commercial games get popular, specifically if the author is Amanda, me, or Aldorlea. Can't you just be happy for your fellow RM users who took a different path with the software?

So, uh, as someone that enjoyed Skyborn and Deadly Sin 2 and am glad to see a developer use the engine to commercial success making fun games, I think you're coming off pretty harsh here? (I don't think Craze's "crappy" comment was aimed at you but rather the other stuff that is starting to pile up on Steam).

I mean this topic was mostly active nearly two years ago and is asking the community here for their favorite RPG Maker games. It only follows that those who post here would be more interested in the free RM games right? Not to mention the ones on top seem to be the nostalgic picks of the old 2k/2k3 days. You'd probably see different results if this topic was more recent. And definitely if this poll was on Steam. So no biggie right?