RM2K3 BATTLE CHAR SPRITE EDITOR NEEDED.

Pages: 1
I'm looking for a good sprite artist who can translate 8 individual walking charsets into 8 battle charsets complete with various status effect graphics. Please respond or PM me if you need more info. The type of edits shouldn't be too extravagant actually, more like minor edits that may be tedious. If you can help, please respond. Thank you.
Do these types of requests usually get ignored? Not mad or anything, I'm just curious, because this is the third time I've asked for something like this and received nothing. Is this not the right forum to ask for this type of stuff?
It's the correct forum but usually people aren't in for big jobs. It can also depend on when you ask and how. Showing what you want (even if just mock-ups) can help a bit and being more detailed can help a lot more.
I'd recommend showing at least one of the sprites you want edited, detailing what you'd like done and pictures. That way people can see whether they have time/inclination to do what you need and whether the graphics are something they can handle. Most people only prefer small jobs, some can only do certain styles...etc
unity
You're magical to me.
I'm not the greatest pixel artist around, but I'd be willing to give the sprites a look and see if its something I might be able to do.

I need the blue slime in this shot. Also need the purple horned demon.

I need the black flame in this shot.

I need the black snake in this shot. Also need the furry wolf looking character, brown fur.

I need the red bee in this shot. Also need the purple, bald headed ogre. Further I need the red dragon in this shot.

Now since there are really no monster battle charsets for the creatures pinpointed above. I'd love to have them made in the style below, one for each action and condition. So all said and done, 8 monster chars turned into 4 individual sprite sheets each for battle. Thanks to anyone who can do this.

After all it looks like what you want is a mere copy/paste of the monster sprites with minor edits for limb movements, and copying states.

As they are, the werewolf and ogre sprites should fit just well, but maybe the other monsters would need a custom, slightly bigger and more detailed battle sprite?
If so it would increase the amount of work by a lot.

In any case, I'd have the skills to but I'm a bit too busy at the moment.
No Avee, for the smaller sprites. You could honestly keep the size the same and just placed the actions, effects and auras the same around those sprites. No need to increase their size at all.
unity
You're magical to me.
I could do this! I have some questions first, as while I used the hell out of RPG Maker 2000 back in the day, I never did anything with 2003.

-Do the enemies need to be facing the opposite way as the heroes since they'll be on the other side of the battlefield? (I'm guessing yes)

-Are there any of these that the enemies do not need? (for example, do the enemies need the "fallen to the ground dead" animation, or do they just disappear when killed?)

-What's the effect just under the petrification? It looks almost like the same effect but only lighter?

If I take this on, due to other obligations I'd probably be working on it off and on over the next week, so I wouldn't be getting it done right away. If that's okay with you, then I'll take the job. (And for clarification of my credentials with sprite work, I did all the battle sprites from scratch for this demo I just released. That's not exactly the same as modifying these graphics, but I think I'm at least competent at it ^^;;)
Nope, they will be player characters, so they can be facing to the left. It is for a specific portion of the game and they need to be as dynamic as any of the other PCs you have control over.
They basically need all the animations, sorry, but its true.
And the effect under petrification is Virus. It is a much deadlier form of Poison, because it does much more than just reduce HP.
unity
You're magical to me.
Okay, cool. I'll have to improvise a bit for the fallen sprites but I think I can do it. I'll do a sheet of the slime first, and if you like that, I'll give the others a shot. Does that sound good?

EDIT: Also had one other question. The second and third animations on the left side of the first sprite sheet look like the character is swinging weapons. Do the monsters have weapons they hold?
Nope! You can make it so they are clawing, punching or stinging with their own bodies.
unity
You're magical to me.
Alright! I'll start on it and see what I can do :D
unity
You're magical to me.
Here's the first sheet for the slime. I figured I'd get you to look at it and try it out to see if it's what you want before I continue.

I had to get a little creative with some of them; for example the defend sprite is him becoming a little slime shield. Let me know if that works.
That's perfect, you have the right idea. If you can flow this style through the rest of the sprites sheets, it'd be perfect. Good show!
unity
You're magical to me.
Excellent. I've got a lot going on for the next few days so it may be slow, but I'll get these all done ^_^
Pages: 1