MAKING MY FIRST RPG

Pages: 1
Hey guys I'm new at this website and I've happen to find my motivation for making a rpg. The rpg I'm working on it completely focused on the story and plot. I've made the intro maps so far, I think it's to early posting this, but I'm really exited with the production I'm having for it. The story follows a confused boy known as Andrew who lost his family at a young age during the war. He couldn't protect his family and swore to get stronger as he eventually meets a young girl in the middle of a battle, as the war never came to a stop. He protects the girl which replaces the image of her sister filling a void in his heart. The a lot more story to this but, I want to keep that information until the game is released. I really am working hard on this game by my self, but I do believe that many of you may like it.
Thanks for reading
Sooz
They told me I was mad when I said I was going to create a spidertable. Who’s laughing now!!!
Well, good luck in your gam mak endeavour! Come back and show us once you've got some gam mad.

(Is that the appropriate conjugation, guys?)
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Hmm, I think "gam mak" is a noun and the proper phrasing would be "Come back and show us once you've done some gam mak."

When you've got something to show, you can submit the game and get a game page! Hover over the "Submissions" button at the top of the website and you will see the "Submit Game" button. You don't have to be done making the game; you just have to have enough progress to show off.
author=LockeZ
Hmm, I think "gam mak" is a noun and the proper phrasing would be "Come back and show us once you've done some gam mak."

When you've got something to show, you can submit the game and get a game page! Hover over the "Submissions" button at the top of the website and you will see the "Submit Game" button. You don't have to be done making the game; you just have to have enough progress to show off.

Thanks that really does help a lot, also I'm getting close to finishing the intro maps and got more ideas for the story as well
Gam mak is neither noun nor adjective. It supercedes grammar. Gam mak is us. We are gam mak.

Good luck in your gam mak endeavour, son of gam mak. By gam mak's hammer, you shall be avenged.

My gam mak advice? Get something released as soon as possible. There's nothing more useful in your gam mak life than to have something out there and playable. Otherwise you get stuck in a world of vaporware and never releasing anything. Enter contests, get stuff out there, and then...

GAM MAK.
I'd advise you to have some paper notes and to periodically run playtests if it's entirely story focused. That way you can go back and reference where you were originally going with the plot if it starts to run away from you, and notice if you forgot any important characters or exposition, etc.

I only say this because I had an absentminded event test run away from me and become my main project, and still reference the paper storyboard. And in one of my contest entries I forgot to include a character I wanted because I cut out the dungeon I put her in :P.
Pages: 1