PONDER THIS? A DIFFERENT, BUT INTERESTING QUESTION.

Pages: first prev 12 last
Man, we'll turn Earth into barren ball of filth long before the planet/something in space decides to take us out.
author=SnowOwl
First of all, dinosaurs is a whole line of different species. A better question (and factually correct) would be asking how mammals survived when the dinosaurs didn't (which is still a stupid question because it's easy to find out if you just google it).
Also, why do you find it so impossible that a massive asteroid hit earth? Smaller ones hit earth all the time but they burn up in the atmosphere. In fact, there's evidence several massive asteroids have hit earth earlier. It's not 100% sure that it was a asteroid, but it's the most likely theory.

I was not being a dick. Your lack of proper knowledge before asking stupid questions that you should have learnt in grade school just makes it seem that way to you. If anything, I was being nice and holding back.

Again, you didn't fully read what I typed. I never said that I didn't belive a meteor hit earth, I called bull crap that it killed off just the dinosaurs and nothing else.

@Kaz: Just looking at them, bigger and stronger and most likely more numbers then anything else. Plus look at the habitat. If you bring for example, lions into a military base. Chances are the animals are all going to die fast. If you brought people into the jungle, it's likely to be the other way around. That's my thoughts on how I saw them better suited for survival.
You should be a bit careful about calling people out for not having read what you wrote... just to go on to make a reply to a post which you didn't read carefully yourself.

You seem to justify why you believe the dinosaurs would have been better suited for long term survival, but nowhere did I ask that, nor did I post anything which would imply you needed to clarify it, as I was practically saying they were better suited.
Jparker1984
I was simply wondering how humans survived and dinosaurs didn't. I personaly feel that they were better suited for long term survival then us.

By saying this, you imply that since the dinosaurs are no longer around, that humans are indeed better suited for survival, even though we haven't even existed close to as long as the dinosaurs have. My post was about why you would make this implication.

That aside, I think you should research the actual scientific theories before you go on to making conclusions about them. The meteor didn't just kill off dinosaurs, it killed off lots of other animals and plants as well, and I think you'll have a hard time finding a version of the theory with any scientific backing which says that only dinosaurs died from it.
I didn't say you asked me to clerify it, I choose to do that myself. Ok, clearly I made some mistakes. I was attempting to generate a good conversation, not a riot for my head. I'm requesting this thread to be closed, you all have made your points very clear.
author=Kazesui
The meteor didn't just kill off dinosaurs, it killed off lots of other animals and plants as well, and I think you'll have a hard time finding a version of the theory with any scientific backing which says that only dinosaurs died from it.

Maybe it was a racist meteor! Bet you never thought of that, did ya!?

Trust me, I feel dumb enough as it is and some of you guys are making it worse, intentional or not.
My racist meteor is just playing off of the way Kazesui worded his post. If it's making you feel dumb or anything, that really wasn't the intention at all. It's just me getting creative and having fun with the way something was worded.
author=UPRC
My racist meteor is just playing off of the way Kazesui worded his post. If it's making you feel dumb or anything, that really wasn't the intention at all. It's just me getting creative and having fun with the way something was worded.

LOL, not you man. You just happened to post that as I was posting mine. You're cool.

EDIT: Your post wasnt there as I started to type mine.
Haha, fuggin' racist meteors. Brilliant.
At least something good came from this.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
I mean the legit answer, in case you didn't understand all the people making fun of your lack of knowledge, is that humans didn't survive. Humans didn't exist yet. Almost everything that survived either lived underground or underwater. With their land-based predators wiped out, many of those creatures then adapted to live on the surface.
I feel this thread has ran its course.
Pages: first prev 12 last