I FIND IT FUNNY WHEN PEOPLE COMPLAIN ABOUT BILL COLLECTORS.

Pages: first 12 next last
I'm currently a bill collector for Directv, my mother was one for Dollar Bank for 22 years and my family has a long line in that field, so I'm aware they can be annoying. Bottom line though, if people just paid things like they are supposed to we wouldn't have to call. I understand things happen, but I know from personal experiance people simply just don't pay their bills. Either they dont pay attention to what they sign up for via contract, or they get something they know they really cant afford.

Example, I had a a customer today tell me her bill was to high. Turns out she's paying for NFL Sunday Ticket, NBA Leauge Pass, HD & DVR plus she has our highest package. She was aware of ALL of them and wanted to keep ALL of them. That put her at 224.97 plus tax a month. I told her unless shes willing to drop some stuff theres not much we can do for her. I told her I can get her a 20.00 discount, but that was all I could pull. She said "Well I been with you guys for three years, I should be entitled to some free stuff." It don't work that way. Plus she has been late 13 mnths in a row now.

I get people like that ALL the time. Maybe not to that extreme, but it still happens. Then you get the people that say "Oh your going to shut my service off because I'm only behind 50.00." Late is late, If I'm behind 50.00 on my electric bill because of my own doing then that's my fault not theirs. Those people drive me crazy. Now all that being said, I'm fully aware some companies can be very bad with their call back polices.
Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
Can you really be sure that the reason people don't pay off their bills is 100% due to negligence on their part, though?

Not that I disagree with you in regards to people like that, but even if you are perfect when it comes to planning out how to spend your money and are aware of the outcomes of what, life is still predictable. Things like repair costs, the business you are working for tanking, layoffs, etc. aren't exactly easy to prepare against and can significantly drain your bank account depending on the stability of your income. So... Is it really all their fault?
author=Ratty524
Can you really be sure that the reason people don't pay off their bills is 100% due to negligence on their part, though?

Not that I disagree with you in regards to people like that, but even if you are perfect when it comes to planning out how to spend your money and are aware of the outcomes of what, life is still predictable. Things like repair costs, the business you are working for tanking, layoffs, etc. aren't exactly easy to prepare against and can significantly drain your bank account depending on the stability of your income. So... Is it really all their fault?

Oh I know, I never stated its always their fault. I've been really poor and on the other end of the phone before myself. Just from my experiance it's more so their fault. I have friends that are those kind of people, that bugs the hell out of me.
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
In many cases, people can't afford their bills. That's why I don't have cable, internet, satellite, or any other luxury, and if I need a vehicle or any other absolutely necessary item or service, instead of financing, I save up and buy outright. Now, I need only not afford to pay my utilities. Just think, if there wasn't so much wealth being horded by a select few, people would be able to afford luxuries and the economy would actually work again.

And if you want extreme, I was once shut off for being a short one penny, the error wasn't even mine (I called them after paying the bill and seeing my service shut off, and they told me they miscalculated by a penny and that I was short a penny because of it) AND they charged me a late fee. I tune the piano for the (then) Florida State Attorney General (she's a Circuit Judge now). I got my late fee back plus three months of free service by way of apology. That was Comcast.
You made this same post like six months ago.
author=Jude
You made this same post like six months ago.

I forgot about that one, I found it just now.
Sounds to me like you just want to complain about people not liking bill collectors. And why would they? They take their money.
If you don't like it, though shit. Some jobs put you on the hate list of people, not much you can do it. You should have worked harder to get a different job.
Your family have even worked in the field for a long time, so it's not like you didn't know what you were getting into.
Most jobs where you have to serve people have the same problems with people complaining about dumb shit.
author=SnowOwl
Sounds to me like you just want to complain about people not liking bill collectors. And why would they? They take their money.
If you don't like it, though shit. Some jobs put you on the hate list of people, not much you can do it. You should have worked harder to get a different job.
Your family have even worked in the field for a long time, so it's not like you didn't know what you were getting into.
Most jobs where you have to serve people have the same problems with people complaining about dumb shit.

Your starting to get on my last nerve dude. Every time you post something on a topic I made, it's always a rude and asshole like comment. You've been doing this shit since how ever many months ago when I made the Pokemon game idea topic. Grow up and stop being a jerk. I never said I hated the job all together, I just hate certain types of people. I don't know what I did to make you always react this way to me, hell I don't even know you. Your always cussing at me, or saying something smart.

EDIT: Also I never stated it was a bad job as a whole. I get paid a decent wage. You seem to pick and choose bits of what I write and use that as ammunition.
I haven't even posted in most of the (many) topics you've made. Last time I posted in a topic you made was when you asked if dinosaurs and humans living together was a problem or something like that, and I wasn't even being that rude in that topic. I just corrected your thinking that they actually lived at the same time. The answer in this topic wasn't rude, either.
I'm guessing the one with a problem here is you, not me.
I also never said anything about your pay, but making a topic complaining about your customers seems to me like you're unhappy about your job. Maybe a career change would be in order?
Sorry for saying something smart, I guess?
author=SnowOwl
I haven't even posted in most of the (many) topics you've made. Last time I posted in a topic you made was when you asked if dinosaurs and humans living together was a problem or something like that, and I wasn't even being that rude in that topic. I just corrected your thinking that they actually lived at the same time. The answer in this topic wasn't rude, either.
I'm guessing the one with a problem here is you, not me.
I also never said anything about your pay, but making a topic complaining about your customers seems to me like you're unhappy about your job. Maybe a career change would be in order?
Sorry for saying something smart, I guess?

I'll be the first to admit that I did deserve most of the comments for the *COUGH*dinosaur*COUGH* topic. And so what If i post alot of topics. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the idea of a forum to have conversations. Even in your reply to this.

I haven't even posted in most of the (many) topics

You say stuff like that, you know what your doing in the way you say things. Regardless of how dumb, or ilogical someones topic is or may seem. There are ways to respond with a different view WITHOUT being rude. Take for example the way Ratty replied to this.
Sure, it's great that you want to discuss stuff. But there is a point where spamming topics about every single thing that comes to mind becomes too much. In fact, many of your topics is basically made to bring attention to you personally just as much as the thing you want to discuss. Example: You made a topic where you review games two months ago, and in those two months you have completed 1 (one) game review. Do you really need this topic?
Another example: A topic where you ask what pokemon you should start with in a pokemon game. Is that really something that most people would be interested in?

Maybe I'm wrong here but personally I think in some cases more is less. I don't make a new topic for something unless I think other people would be interested in discussing something.
Something to think about, perhaps. I'll leave you to discuss bill collectors now.
@SnowOwl:

The Review topic, I have done more then one. I just don't always have time to update it. There are many pokemon fans on here and has already got about have a page of replies in less then a day. I could very easily jump back at you any say some rude things, but I'm not because I'm sure you wont even care and I'm not like that. Hell, I shouldn't even be getting worked up over some guy from the internet. If you don't like what I post. Don't reply, it's that simple. You dont see anyone else reacting the way you are. I never see ANYONE let alone you, on this site reply to other peoples topics the way you do to mine.
I'm pretty sure that's not true, just look at the formerly mentioned dinosaur topic. But if you want to single me out as the bad guy, whatever I guess. I don't mind being the bad guy.
And again, I myself said that I deserved most of the replies from the Dinosaur topic.
Damn, I haven't laughed this hard in years.
The only thing I hate about bill collectors is if they’re calling you pretty much every single day, multiple different times in an effort to get a hold of you then basically threatening the caller and basically hanging up whenever the caller gets peeved off or they have explained the type of situation that they’re currently in (like being unemployed and such) and they still hang up and get all p**sed off about it. I can understand that it’s part of their job to do that – but do you really need to phone that person multiple times in a single day just to basically harass the caller and then hang up and being an ass about it? It’s not like that person gets paid every single day and can just give you something right then and there. That’s the only thing I hate about bill collectors, otherwise most of them have been pretty good.

author=Jparker1984
I told her I can get her a 20.00 discount, but that was all I could pull. She said "Well I been with you guys for three years, I should be entitled to some free stuff." It don't work that way. Plus she has been late 13 mnths in a row now.

Lol, wow...
author=Addit
The only thing I hate about bill collectors is if they’re calling you pretty much every single day, multiple different times in an effort to get a hold of you then basically threatening the caller and basically hanging up whenever the caller gets peeved off or they have explained the type of situation that they’re currently in (like being unemployed and such) and they still hang up and get all p**sed off about it. I can understand that it’s part of their job to do that – but do you really need to phone that person multiple times in a single day just to basically harass the caller and then hang up and being an ass about it? It’s not like that person gets paid every single day and can just give you something right then and there. That’s the only thing I hate about bill collectors, otherwise most of them have been pretty good.

author=Jparker1984
I told her I can get her a 20.00 discount, but that was all I could pull. She said "Well I been with you guys for three years, I should be entitled to some free stuff." It don't work that way. Plus she has been late 13 mnths in a row now.

Lol, wow...

Oh trust me I know what you mean, on sundays we do whats called an outbound dialer and we all hate it. calling people at 9am on sunday of all days, when people are getting ready for church. The customers hate it as much as we do. I know that Some companies need to adjust their policy on calling customers. The problem is finding that fine line. If a place was to let up to much, that means the dumb customers will get, well... dumber. Though if you don't change a thing, you risk pissing off the legit good customers who just happened to run into a mistake that they never normally do.
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
Then there are the people who get screwed over by the postal service and never get their bill in the mail, or get someone else's mail entirely.
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
author=Jparker1984
And again, I myself said that I deserved most of the replies from the Dinosaur topic.

That topic was freaking hilarious.
Bills aren't the most pleasant thing to wake up to, yes, but what can ya do? Everyone's gotta have their dollahs.

And yes that dinosaur topic was fucking legendary
Pages: first 12 next last