[POLL] POKEMON BLACK 2, WHICH FIRE STARTER SHOULD I USE?

Poll

Which fire type starter do you think I should use? - Results

Charmander
35%
Cyndaquil
7%
Torchic
50%
Chimchar
7%
Tepig
0%

Pages: 1
I'm about to start up Pokemon Black 2 and I'm going to be using a gameshark. Not to cheat with items, legendaries or anything heavy like that, I just want to get a specific team. I've been playing Pokemon so long, it's diffcult to find a team of Pokemon I've never used. My only exception is one Starter every playthrough. Well here's my team, minus one choice.

Fire: ????
Water: Staryu
Grass: Budew
Electric: Blitzle
Dragon/Flying: Swablu
Bug/Poison: Venonat

I need your guys help on deciding on the fire type starter I'll use.
You could pick either Torchic, Chimchar or Tepig if you want to add a Fighting type to the mix. My favourite is Cyndaquil though.
Everything changed when the fire starter was used...
author=Little Wing Guy
You could pick either Torchic, Chimchar or Tepig if you want to add a Fighting type to the mix. My favourite is Cyndaquil though.

My vote was for Cyndaquil, but I'm going to use the one with the most votes by sunday march 9
Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
Torchic is the best out of them in my opinion. Hack some speed boost on it as well, for extra OP-ness
author=Ratty524
Torchic is the best out of them in my opinion. Hack some speed boost on it as well, for extra OP-ness

As awesome as that sounds, I'm going to keep it legit, other then catching my specific team. I LOVE but type, but they are know for well... getting squashed (pun intended.) I settled for Venonat, which isn't that bad actually. At first I went with Vespiquen, but holy weakness batman. Flying x2 damage, fire x2 damage, electric x2 damage, ice x2 damage and rock x4 damage. If it didn't have so many weaknesses it would be a decent bug type.
Ratty524
Speed boost is legit, though. It's an ability acquired through the dream world. :P

I personally like Venonat. I guess in terms of design, it looks interesting. I wish it turned into something other than a generic moth, though.

Vespiquen is pretty shitty, so you've made a good choice.
author=Ratty524
Speed boost is legit, though. It's an ability acquired through the dream world. :P

I personally like Venonat. I guess in terms of design, it looks interesting. I wish it turned into something other than a generic moth, though.

Vespiquen is pretty shitty, so you've made a good choice.

Well, in terms of overall stats Vespiquen isn't bad. I dont have a HUGE problem with the move pool. I can work with that. It's how easy it is kill it, that's the biggest issue.

But yes, a generic moth. They could have come up with something better then that.
I vote Torchic :D

As far as bug type pokemon go venomoth is actually pretty good. Quiver Dance, Tinted Lens, usable special attack and speed. It's not Volcarona but hey xD Also I like Vespiquen :<
*gasp* How dare you vote a chicken over CHARMANDER.

*pouts*
author=Arandomgamemaker

*pouts*

Well, on the bright side. Charmander is still beating out the pig.
Torchic is the best starter here, obviously.

Even though the best starter overall is Chikorita. We all know this to be true.
Ratty524
author=Arandomgamemaker

*pouts*

It's a fire-breathing chicken, dude. How did you expect it NOT to win over the others? :P
author=Gourd_Clae

:D!

I always choose Chikorita in gen 2...despite the fact that it doesn't have an advantage over any gym in Johto.
Totally Snivy, but since that's not an option... probably would go with Charmander.
Ratty524
author=Zeuzio
author=Gourd_Clae

:D!

I always choose Chikorita in gen 2...despite the fact that it doesn't have an advantage over any gym in Johto.

So did I. Chikorita appealed to me the most, and it was WAY better than that piece of trash Totodile back then.
I Like Cyndaquil for its stats and move set, but one thing that always bugged me about it. The design didn't change much from stage 1 to stage 3.
Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
author=Gourd_Clae

Yes, and yes.
Pages: 1