FETCHING IMGUR ALBUM?

Pages: 1
Rave
Even newspapers have those nowadays.
Could you add functionality to fetch images from imgur album for screenshots section for submission? I have imgur album which I used to advertise game on other sites and would like to quickly fetch this by posting link to album instead of uploading screenies one by one (have quite some of them, like 20 or so).

It would automatically fetch screenies and either hotlink them from imgur or copy to RMN's server.
The trouble with screenshots being outsourced like that (even for just a few people) is the potential for things to be lost over time. You can see it at older sites that don't host screenshots themselves but have users use imageshack, photobucket, etc. If Imgur goes down at any point in the next 10 years (feasible) all is lost (and that is a legitimate time frame to look at in these things).
Sure, this could be done. Just would need to find the time to do it...we could sure use an intern, or something!
Rave
Even newspapers have those nowadays.
author=Amy
The trouble with screenshots being outsourced like that (even for just a few people) is the potential for things to be lost over time. You can see it at older sites that don't host screenshots themselves but have users use imageshack, photobucket, etc. If Imgur goes down at any point in the next 10 years (feasible) all is lost (and that is a legitimate time frame to look at in these things).

Then RMN could download those screenshot to its own screenshot server.

@ankylo: I'd be glad to help if I'd know libcurl better... Though if you install wget on your server, I could wipe up python script that would download album from imgur (first downloading html file of album, then downloading images (after parsing html file). Kinda like Getleft or Teleport pro works).

Which version of python are you using?
Pages: 1