YOUR FAVORITE GAME EVER!

Pages: first 123456 next last
Which is the best game you've played?

Mine is definitly Half-Life 2.
For now...
Final Fantasy Crystal Chrooooooooonicleeeeeees!

But it's probably just because it's my childhood. FFCC4lyfe

Edit: And of course, how could I forget EVERY ZELDA GAME EVER. <3
oooooooooooooooops

dat double post
I would have to say Diablo 2 (and its expansion Lord of Destruction). I spent SO MUCH time on that game, I would still play it extensively to this day (if I still played games extensively)
janussenpre
愛・おぼえていますか
Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together (SNES/PSX/PSP)

(Loved the PSP re-release)
Paper Mario. The game is not only a nostalgic mindtrip, but one of the big reasons I starting wanting to design games. Besides that it's a fucking 12/10, it's just so solidly designed all across the board.

I love Paper Mario, forever and always.
NeverSilent
Got any Dexreth amulets?
Secret of Evermore. On the good old SNES.
Ah, brings back memories...
author=Pizza
Paper Mario. The game is not only a nostalgic mindtrip, but one of the big reasons I starting wanting to design games. Besides that it's a fucking 12/10, it's just so solidly designed all across the board.

I love Paper Mario, forever and always.
Is that the one for N64? I couldn't get into it. It was kind of boring and poorly designed gameplay-wise.
Tough choice.
I'd say Super Metroid.
I don't play it as much as other favorite games of mine, but it's the one that made the strongest impression on me so far, and is a great source of inspiration for clever design.
Christ, what a cruel question!

I guess I'll say Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus. The ridiculous variety and charm of its cast of 20-ish characters while still being well balanced is pretty much unmatched by any other fighting game I've played. I could really go on for ages about everything that game does right... so I'll spare you.

That being said, I have a lot of games that I expect to greatly enjoy, but just haven't started playing a lot yet. Titles like ESPGaluda II, Deus Ex, Ninja Gaiden Black/Sigma, Metal Slug games, Shock Troopers... the list is pretty big, actually.

author=kentona
author=Pizza
Paper Mario...
Is that the one for N64? I couldn't get into it. It was kind of boring and poorly designed gameplay-wise.

The sequel is a lot better! I also have a lot of nostalgia for the first Paper Mario, but there's no getting around its sluggish start (~30 minutes before you can use Action Commands wut?) and mostly humdrum dialogue. Of course, if by "poorly designed" you mean its extreme simplicity or Mario's stiff movement, the sequel doesn't do a lot to fix that. However, it does increase the difficulty a bit since you don't have any partners with paralyzing abilities.
Isrieri
"My father told me this would happen."
Ocarina of Time & Majora's Mask are practically the same game mechanically so I"m counting them as one.

Earthbound isn't superb in the gameplay department but has a lot of sentimental value for me for precisely that.

Super Ghouls n' Ghosts is all I've ever wanted from a side-scrolling platformer.

And I suppose Paper Mario 1&2 were a lot of fun.

Don't forget Dragon Quest 2, 3, 4, and 5!
@janussenpre:

I completely agree! Although the PSP version isn't really my favorite.

Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together (PS1 Version) for sure!

janussenpre
愛・おぼえていますか
author=Orias_Obderhode
Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together (PS1 Version) for sure!

The CHARIOT system was a little easy/wonky... but... you got to save Lanselot! :D

That, and I thought the revised script was superb.
This is a near impossible question to answer, because everyone generally loves many games over time for different reasons.

For the sake of answering the question though, I'll say Chrono Cross. To this day, with all the games that have been released, it remains the most beautiful game ever, musically and visually.
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
Goddess what a question. I've always been a big RPG fan. It started with Dragon Warrior when I was 6-years-old, and I rarely remember games other than RPGs, but when I think of what my favorite game is, I try to say Final Fantasy VII, Chrono Trigger, or Baldur's Gate, but then an action game comes up and kicks all their asses.

My favorite all-time game is Metal Gear Solid.
Earthbound.

Always has been, always will be.
Possibly Xenogears, for sentimental reasons. The three others which hold my top spots are Grandia, Persona 4, and Final Fantasy VII (which is a popular one to hate these days, in no small part because it's been copied ad nauseam, but I still consider it to be legitimately brilliant.)
Sometimes I feel this is a too recent game to make an all time list but at the same time it is such an excellent game. Though it is not for all occasions. But still. Crusader Kings 2.

It's such a great game and such a great storytelling machine. Seems like anything can happen in that game and I've only touched such a small part of it. So good.
Pages: first 123456 next last