[POLL] M.O.G. MULTIPART EVENT - PARED DOWN?

Poll

Would you participate in the M.O.G. game creation multipart event? - Results

Yes - I totally the whole thing!
22%
I am tempted, but probably would not deliver anything
27%
I would partially participate in principle - I would submit some of the things
18%
No, but this is a good idea.
25%
No, and this is a stupid idea. Boo!
5%

CashmereCat
Self-proclaimed Puzzle Snob
Even though this event might not be going through as originally planned, I am still undergoing this challenge. Working like a brilliant charm.
This is super interesting, and I really want to see what comes out of that. But I'm not sure I'll have time to participate. :(
CashmereCat
So... is this a "yes" or a "no" idea?

EDIT: Oh! I just saw the update. What you have suggested is great. I've found RMN doesn't usually focus on creation of tilesets/music as much as sites like RMW does. It would be nice to see us generate some nice content as a team!

I like it.
author=Kentona Fried Chicken
I am going to drop: scripting, game design, writing/worldbuilding

OUTRAGE dropping the bit I can do :( and letting everyone use public scripts :(.
author=Fomar0153
OUTRAGE dropping the bit I can do :( and letting everyone use public scripts :(.
We need more "How to script" tutorials. Get on that and I will make MOG 2: The Scriptening
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
author=kentona
MOG 2: The Scriptening

There can only be one!

*Edit: Sorry, but there was just a very Highlander-esque vibe there.
Sailerius
did someone say angels
author=kentona
author=Fomar0153
We need more "How to script" tutorials. Get on that and I will make MOG 2: The Scriptening

There's an order of magnitude more "how to script" tutorials than "how to make music" tutorials, but music is still in the event.
shhhh I am trying to get more tutorials here. Quit pointing out lapses in logic

E:
How is that Intro to Unity article going, btw? I installed Unity last Friday.

E2:
In your opinion, what is the bigger "problem" with the RM community? That they often don't make their own graphics/resources, or that they don't script? Because I think it is resources moreso than programming. But I do want to do some sort of scripting event in the near future.

And like I mentioned before, worldbuilding/writing/game design is handled pretty well comparatively.
There are loads of scripting tutorials what specifically would you like?
Introduction to Scripting 101 is what I am after - something that would ease someone into scripting - perhaps from editing existing scripts, to how to overload existing functions, to building custom scripts.
author=kentona
E2:
In your opinion, what is the bigger "problem" with the RM community? That they often don't make their own graphics/resources, or that they don't script? Because I think it is resources moreso than programming. But I do want to do some sort of scripting event in the near future.

I don't think it's a problem, really, but it seems to me there are less people that make their own sprites and graphics compared to people that know how to script.
Well, it's a problem for me, I guess, since I really hate how the Ace RTP looks.
CashmereCat
I think you'd be great on teaching people how to create custom worlds using existing resources, SnowOwl. You don't have to give away your trade secrets, just a sneak peek, right? ;)
LouisCyphre
can't make a bad game if you don't finish any games
this is too well-timed to be a coincidence

i smell craze involvement
author=LouisCyphre
this is too well-timed to be a coincidence

i smell craze involvement
:o not that I am aware of. Does he have something up his sleeve?

Instead of doing anything constructive I made a banner.
unity
You're magical to me.
That's not constructive? XD

Looks great!
So I started a new gig on April 10th that will keep me extremely busy until May 9th. Thus I don't anticipate having time to set up this massive event until after that. I am shooting for a start date of May 12th.
And by May 12th I mean July 12th.

Because that major RPG Maker contest runs all of June, and that's a convenient excuse I wouldn't want to conflict with that
I'm guessing a lot of people will be busy May 29 - June 30, since there's the contest with big fat price monies running at that time. Including me, not that I'm gonna win any prices.
CashmereCat
Don't lie, SnowOwl, you're gonna sweep the whole thing.

Actually, not if I can help it. That said, everything I'm working on including Lexical Node and the RMN fangame is going on hold while this 1-month contest goes on. Sorry to everyone who anticipated something from me during this time.