CONCEPT: ADVANCED RPG MAKER - AN EZINE

author=Amy
Hi guys, issue 1 is out now. I excitedly anticipate your hate mail / frownfaces.

Comments so far range from "wow this is super useful great tutorials A++++" to "I don't get this".

Issue 1 - April 2014

Wow, this looks amazing. There are many interesting and helpful things in this issue. I personally am an English Major and writer. If ever you are in need of another writer or editor I would be very interested in contributing to the magazine in one way or another if time and resources permit.
Awesome read; don't know why I didn't see this before! I can't wait for the next issue!
Issue 2 is almost ready (6.5 pages left to go, with 4.5 of those planned out ready to write, just need to find content to promote in the other two pages - one a full page, one a columned page for small pieces). Let me know if there is ANYTHING you want me to promote or feature - contests in particular.
Hey Amy, just a thought, but why not submit these as actual Articles (putting up the png as pictures within the article text). They'd be on the front page, would be eligible for showcasing and probably reach more people. (You'd also get sweet, sweet MS.)

Just a thought. I'll read this issue in a little while.
Don't mean to be an arse but it's called a "funicular railway" - I went on one down in Babbacombe in Devon - my first impression was also "whee, like FFIX" (you mention FFVII in ARPGM which I can't really remember there being one in, other than the thing at Junon which is kinda similar I suppose, but not as similar as in IX)

I'll probs have more comprehensive feedback when I have a chance to read through more thoroughly but for the time being it seems an improvement over issue 1. I like the weird angle of the Bridgnorth piece and hope you do more things in that vein in the future for the zine (although maybe I have British bias on that one).
CashmereCat
Self-proclaimed Puzzle Snob
author=NewBlack
I'll probs have more comprehensive feedback when I have a chance to read through more thoroughly but for the time being it seems an improvement over issue 1. I like the weird angle of the Bridgnorth piece and hope you do more things in that vein in the future for the zine (although maybe I have British bias on that one).

Non-Brit here; also thinks it was awesome.
Great read~ Love that you're giving info about what's going on in other communities as well. Nice to catch up on relevant stuff without having to witness it firsthand XD

Only thing I'd suggest is maybe lowering the saturation of some of your color backgrounds next time so it's a li'l easier on the eyes but still playful.=w=)b

Really enjoyed reading this, and I'll look forward to issue #3!
That might be down to my monitor, sorry, as I've had that comment about my games before! I'll work on it cheers.
Trying to think of a cool contest to start in this issue and end in the next, preferably something that would compliment the RM Web one. Anyone got any ideas?

I bought an extra copy of the Humble Bundle we could use as a prize, (paid considerably extra for it so I didn't feel guilty). I know that's not a SUPER AMAZING prize but it's a prize nonetheless.
Tau
RMN sex symbol
That prize is perfectly fine, everything's better when it's free :D

As for contest ideas... Article one maybe? Best written article gets a featured spot in the next issue and the prize.

But if you ever need extra material feel free to use one of my Looking Back articles to full up some space.
Thank you, may need it, will see near the end.
Hello there. It's been a while!

I have started this up again, as MV has got me excited about RPG Maker again. Sorry it took so long between issue 3 and 4. Inexcusable really.

Right as I posted Issue 4 to RPG Maker Web, they posted a topic announcing the preorder of RM MV. So I created a mini-issue, as the next issue will probably be after it is released properly - it wouldn't make much sense.

So we have five issues. Four full, one mini. Here they are so far. Click an image to view PDF or PNG versions.

Thanks for reading, any submissions welcome, even if it's just a one sentence idea for a future article. If I've missed a game you particularly like, or an ongoing event, please let me know, as it's probably not intentional ignorance.
NeverSilent
Got any Dexreth amulets?
Hey, that's neat! I just recently thought about this again, and it made me a little sad that this particular project seemed to have been abandoned. So I'm glad to see you're back and making these again.
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
Good to see this again. I especially enjoyed article about communities of the past (it made me keen to know moar). Articles about various communities were my favs in first three issues too. I'm too lazy to read about TV Makers and Final Boss Blue. At least I have a reason to wake up earlier tomorrow.
Is RPG Palace any active? I was browsing it for resources several times and noticed that new comments are almost nonexistent.

And Can I have a suggestion? I would love to see an article about 2D Fighter Maker.

Keep it up!
BizarreMonkey
I'll never change. "Me" is better than your opinion, dummy!
I've always been an avid supporter of your eZine's. Quite a few of them have me or my stuff in em, so that's neat!
And Can I have a suggestion? I would love to see an article about 2D Fighter Maker.

Will do, cheers.