DOES ANYONE STILL USE THE ASSETS FROM RPG MAKER 95?

Pages: 1
I notice some of the stuff in the old engine had some pretty good sprite work from what I saw. I'm curious if people actually use any of it for the newer rpg makers.
I'm using the RM95 battlers in a game. I think they still look good as long as you don't mind the dithering shading it uses. In fact the dithering shading makes it real easy to change the color palette to make different looking enemies without making them look awful like if you used the hue slider. Plus you can pick them apart and trade limbs if you're creative. I've been doing this to make my tier 2 version of RM95 enemies.

The tilesets look alright and would need work to be usable in modern RMs but I can't say that I care for the rest of the assets.
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
I've found that some of the larger 95 monsters work well as bosses (such as the hellborn graphic). Aside from that, I can't imagine anyone making use of anything else besides maybe a few resized backdrops.
I still like them the most. I don't really use them directly myself, but I used them as inspiration when making my own graphics.
Yeah, the monsters are nice. What I notice with RPGM95 is that the graphics have a lot of dithering and I personally think it looks a bit harsh.
Graphics are all about consistency, though, so if it works with your game's style then use them.
Pages: 1