DRAGON FIN SOUP - TACTICAL ROGUELIKE RPG

Pages: first prev 12 last
Hey Everyone,
My name is Aaron Weingarten one of the developers for Dragon Fin Soup!

@Jude and everyone else who posted about the rules of the forum. We appreciate your input on the subject but we'd rather follow the rules and wait a bit longer between posts then get into any trouble with the admins.

@Feldschlacht IV - Thank you very much we really appreciate that you think our game looks rad! I think you're rad! :D

@Link_2112 - Hey so you are right and we are using buzz words so people have an easier time associating the game with something they already know and love. It's a faster way to describe the game and what it will be like when its completed.

@Link_2112 & Pizza - I would like to apologize if it seemed like we were asking for money or else we wouldn't make more content, that was not our intent. The reason the Morgiana is in there as a stretch goal is because we want to make her a playable character. She will be in the game as an NPC but given the time frame we have chosen we don't have enough time to create her with the same attention to detail we gave to Red. We only have 5 people developing the game right now so in order to make her playable and not just as NPC we plan to use the funding to get more people onto the project that can really bring Morgiana to life as a playable character.

@Pizza - Throughout the game we will have different twists and variations on characters or things from fairy tale stories. Robin, Morgina - know as "M" inspired from the fairy tale Alibaba and the 40 Theives, and other possible playable characters are the only ones that stand out because we feature them more then the others. As you play through the game you will find more and more fairy tale references.
Also we do try to get to these forums at least once every couple of days and plan to answer any questions and read any feedback about the game.

If I missed anything in this reply please let me know and I will be more then happy to answer your questions.
-Aaron
@Link_2112 - Hey so you are right and we are using buzz words so people have an easier time associating the game with something they already know and love. It's a faster way to describe the game and what it will be like when its completed.
But your game has nothing in common with SNES so you're misleading people and falsely associating.

At about 20 seconds of the video you see her running through the forest. Her legs barely move in front of her body. Overall it simply doesn't look natural.
What I do not understand is why Morgiana would be so hard to add to the game. If you have her as an NPC, her sprites plus movement should already be implemented into the game. I do have to say that I do not know anything about game making besides using the RPG Maker VX, but I do not understand what exactly makes it impossible to add Morgiana to the game unless you get more money which results in more people that work on the game.

If you can't finish her by the time your time runs out just add her as a free DLC and almost no one will kill you for it. That way the people in this topic wouldn't feel as if you are just begging for money.

What seems a bit odd to me is that the clouds (?) look rather square-ish, while everything else has that nice, smooth look. The artstyle is cute, but those sharp edges really do look wierd. I like the character ideas, but what puts me off is that both females seem to be a bit over-sexualized. I wouldn't complain if I would have the option to go for a female that actually wears pants instead of shorts and a bit armor without showing too much cleavage, but both characters so far do not seem to be ready to fight for their lives. Morgiana especially.

If you cannot finish Morgiana, will there at least be different outfits for Red? And how many playable characters do you want to implement into the game anyway? If you plan to make a multiplayer, having only Red as a playable character wouldn't really cut it.
Pages: first prev 12 last