JUNK

Pages: first 12 next last
unity
You're magical to me.
Sounds really cool! Although, when I think 'epic,' I think a large, sprawling game environment... which is pretty hard to make in 30 days. It'll be interesting to see how people attempt to overcome that.
"Epic" isn't a theme. That doesn't even make sense.
unity
You're magical to me.
Their next theme will be "Swaggerific Awesomesause."
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
Do you want people to actually make new/original projects in 30 days? "Epic" is probably not the descriptor you want to use!
Sooz
They told me I was mad when I said I was going to create a spidertable. Who’s laughing now!!!
I don't think the theme is broad enough. Perhaps next time, your theme should be "fun" or even "game."
Get your spam off the forum.
Hey! It's fine. We allow cross-forum contests and the OP is alright with the details. (Though I'd like to see the full details in the first post, please. It'd make things a lot simpler for people and might drag more in off the bat.)

Personally I think a better theme is needed, but it's not against the rules so stop the hate and start the jumping in (if you've a desire to do so.)

I'd also like to ask people to stop mini-modding. If you question the veracity of a topic, send a report instead. Mods do check through the forums often, but if we've yet to comment on a topic that seems questionable after you've reported it we're either okay with it, discussing it or not on yet. Thanks~
How about something involving spring? Goodness knows we need to stop with all this winter!
The theme and the prizes don't exactly scream wow at me to participate.
Mostly because I've never heard of any of them. :\
The idea of projects related to spring sounds kewl though. I vote that to be the next contest on the site. <3
Epic doesn't necessarily mean sprawling and long. Scope could be something literally big, like Shadow of the Colossus, or something awe-inspiring. It's still a very broad theme though.
Also, the prizes are very "meh".
To be fair, the prizes for the contests on this site isn't fantastic either, and nobody complains too much about those. I agree with the theme being a bit iffy though, but if you just look at it as a "make a game in a month" contest, it's not too bad. Dunno if I'll be participating though, I'm too busy.
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
Personally, I'm imagining some total newbie looking at this event, looking to make that first game, seeing that "epic" is a thing to shoot for, and things start going downhill from there.

I dunno. I just seem to recall Future Helper and the Seven Towers during it's initial offering during the Nugget Crash Course. Maybe I'm just thinking really pessimistically, here. Though, to be fair, jormarcenter has stuck with it, and improved since then. So, um, yeah I have no idea where I'm going with this. Please ignore.
So what if someone makes his first game for the competition? Everyones first game is crap anyway, might as well make it for some random competition and actually finish it rather than all the people aiming for actual epic and never finishing it.
It's not very hard to make an epic and small adventure. :v
Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
author=JosephSeraph
It's not very hard to make an epic and small adventure. :v

What is even meant by "epic" though?
I think the prizes are fine. /shrugs/
Though for me contests are mainly just an additional form of motivation, and the best reward is recognition for my game.

The theme is broad, yeah, but something tells me it was meant to be. In order to draw more people into this newish site, perhaps they didn't want to narrow the field of interest by having a more specific topic. Although, I don't really see what harm something like spring could have done... Or maybe choosing a specific atmosphere like "haunting." Oh well, there's always next time.

I do think the site looks neat though!
Precisely. Good luck finding contests with hundreds of dollars in cash prices that the RPG Maker community have a shot at winning.
Sooz
They told me I was mad when I said I was going to create a spidertable. Who’s laughing now!!!
author=GoatBoy
The theme is broad, yeah, but something tells me it was meant to be. In order to draw more people into this newish site, perhaps they didn't want to narrow the field of interest by having a more specific topic.

"Epic" is a word that has been so overused and diluted that it now has zero meaning. Pretty much any other word would be more useful as a theme, including "the."

I don't see any problem with the prizes, myself. I'm not terribly interested in them,* but they seem like a pretty nice package for the effort put into a competition.

* My main prize interests tend to have sugar as a listed ingredient.
Pages: first 12 next last