DO WE HAVE ANY WAY OF RECOGNIZING EXPERT SCRIPTERS?

Pages: first prev 123 next last
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
That would be sort of amazing. We could have our own RMbler, where we can ramble about scripts or design or whatever.
author=LockeZ
That would be sort of amazing. We could have our own RMbler, where we can ramble about scripts or design or whatever.

The system kentona is proposing would probably fit into the development section pretty well. That'd help in making that portal/section of the site more relevant, which I'm pretty sure is a problem here.

I like RMbler. If it's the way I think it is, it'd make finding good articles, scripts, media etc. easier to find. It could be filtered like the games section. I'm looking for script/battle related RMblers or writing/article RMblers.
That idea actually sounds extremely sexy.
I am not against the idea, but some people do multiple things so allowing for that would also be cool. How about tagging your 'posts' so they go in the relevant sections, and untagged go into a general area?

(We probably couldn't use the name RMblr because it's too close to Tumblr, but something else could work. RMlog? RMNiche? XP )
Hm, maybe we could require tags? Then we could avoid pretty specific things going into the general area. If the creator is intent on having it in a general area though, there could be a general or misc. tag. I think requiring a tag would have the submitter think about it and help with organization overall.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
author=Liberty
(We probably couldn't use the name RMblr because it's too close to Tumblr, but something else could work. RMlog? RMNiche? XP )
I think it definitely qualifies as acceptable parody. Especially with the double-entendre of "rambler."

Uh, I dunno. LiveQuestJournal? Power Word: Press?
author=Gourd_Clae
Hm, maybe we could require tags? Then we could avoid pretty specific things going into the general area. If the creator is intent on having it in a general area though, there could be a general or misc. tag. I think requiring a tag would have the submitter think about it and help with organization overall.

We could do it like we do with games where we have to pick a genre. Instead, one or more tags have to be picked.

author=LockeZ
author=Liberty
I think it definitely qualifies as acceptable parody. Especially with the double-entendre of "rambler."

Uh, I dunno. LiveQuestJournal? Power Word: Press?

RPaGe? Gamakr (lawl)

RMbler. (rambler)
Qblog (QuestBlog)
When I say RMbler it comes out as Rumbler
Rumbler in the Jungler
that works too XD
because the most important thing is what we call it
Clearly. Marketing is everything.

Next let's discuss a mascot and a catchy jingle.
KingArthur
( ̄▽ ̄)ノ De-facto operator of the unofficial RMN IRC channel.
author=Link_2112
Clearly. Marketing is everything.

Next let's discuss a mascot and a catchy jingle.

Bonus points if the mascot is in the same vein as the lovable OS-tans. RPG Maker (which is RMN's roots) does have its roots in Japan after all.
Happy
Devil's in the details
author=kentona
author=LockeZ
I'm pretty sure if Kentona thought he could get away with it without people crying bloody murder, RMN wouldn't even have forums any more, so don't expect too much of a change in that direction.
I think you are confusing me with WIP. I love the forums.

The reality is that we came too late into the game and other sites became established in their userbase and scripters and we are playing catch-up.

Just so you know, the thing we are competing with moreso that other RM forums are personal blogs/tumblrs of scripters. That's where the superstar scripters really live. There's a whole network of them.

Maybe that's the next step RMN takes - userprofiles (akin to gameprofiles). Submit a "Scripter user profile" that you manage with blog posts and submissions and whatnot and get notices and subscribers and credit to gameprofiles. Or maybe a "Player user profile" and that's where you showcase your LPs and LTs and reviews. Or maybe a "Artist user profile" with art and resources. Or a Music profile etcetc... Scripter, Music, Art, Player etc would be your userprofile "genre".

Then I can do stuff like have a listings, userprofile featurettes on the frontpage, notifications, subscriptions, stats, etc..

I don't know, just spitballin'

This sounds really good! I think you should definitely consider this idea further. It would be awesome to have the site support all game developers, even if they didn't have a game of their own to upload.

Right now tumblr is pretty much "the place for it", and not just for the scripters. It would be much handier if something like tumblr profiles were integrated to RMN as it would help developers communicate and make contacts.
Well, our profile pages are just hanging around doing nothing bar allowing people to look at past posts and games (need a search for our own posts plox!) so adding something like that would be cool and give more relevance to the actual profiles, too. What's the real use of them if people don't look at them, especially with the new(-ish) game spotlight?
Now, CSS for profiles would be cool, too~ ;p (Not that I know how to CSS but hey, some people do and it would be a bit tumblr-ish to have some customisability, even if there were just a few CSS compilations that people could use. Actually, we should look at making some pre-created CSS's for game pages. People could use them if they don't know CSS and at least their pages would be a little different to the default.)

But, yes, I'm all for this idea~
KingArthur
( ̄▽ ̄)ノ De-facto operator of the unofficial RMN IRC channel.
I can't possibly be the only person on the entire interwebz that doesn't have the slightest of clues what Tumblr is or what goes on in there, am I?

No, seriously. Every single Tumblr page that I've seen has left me wondering da fuq I just saw.
author=KingArthur
I can't possibly be the only person on the entire interwebz that doesn't have the slightest of clues what Tumblr is or what goes on in there, am I?

No, seriously. Every single Tumblr page that I've seen has left me wondering da fuq I just saw.
You are not alone. The thing is so disorganized and functionality so hidden that I just leave it alone. Most tumblr posts (blogs? entries? whatever they are) seem to be 80% "someschmuck reblogged this"
author=kentona
author=KingArthur

You are not alone. The thing is so disorganized and functionality so hidden that I just leave it alone. Most tumblr posts (blogs? entries? whatever they are) seem to be 80% "someschmuck reblogged this"

I've never been able to tell if a post is from that person or re-tumbled.
Key way to tell is top-left of the post. If it's just one name then that person was the original blogger (in most cases. When it comes to chat reblogs it's a bit messed up). If there's a reblog symbol (the double arrow) then the one on the left reblogged from the name to the right. The original creator of a post is the name in the top-right corner.

Easy~
Pages: first prev 123 next last