WOULD U PLAY AN FFX 2D MADE WITH RM2K3? (FIRST SCREENSHOT)

Pages: first prev 123 next last
That mapping needs serious work...
Tau
RMN sex symbol
Not if it looks like that

The sprites look cool, did you make them? It appears this may be your first game and trying such a Herculean task right from the get go isn't something I would recommend to ANYONE. He'll not even the best of us can achieve demanding such a vast game.

So yeah I would opt not to do it and honestly it's much more gratifying creating something of your own rather then imitating something that's already been done and in all honesty, already better.
If you're both a massive FFX fan, and enjoy fans games; instead of remaking what already exists, why not take the world of Spira (as it's a very memorable and pretty cool world) and create a brand new game? Set before or after the events of the games we know, and introduce new characters etc.

I've been secretly hoping square would make a X-3 as a prequel focusing on Jecht, Auron and Braska. But, whatever!
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
You know what you should make instead? A remake of just the opening section of FF10, with Tidus and Auron in ancient Zanarkand as it's being attacked by Sin. It would be a lot more managable, and still worth playing.
Lol, well I posted this on the FFXHD remaster gamefaqs page and alot of them seem to like it and would play it, but on here you guys don't like it :(
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
Did you post the screenshot as well? Do they know that 90% of everything is already done for you and is in no way proof of mastery? Have they ever heard of RPG Maker?
haha Yeah, it's cause we're all game devs who actually know about game making. That's why we know it's a bad idea. And the question posed here is about you making the game. That's why the answer is generally no. If a well known proven veteran game maker asked the question the answer would probably be, sorry to say, yes. The screen you posted only confirms most suspicions.
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
I'm not actually hating on the idea. I just think this project is beyond your skills, given what you've shown us of them.
author=dbzfanboy
Lol, well I posted this on the FFXHD remaster gamefaqs page and alot of them seem to like it and would play it, but on here you guys don't like it :(

You asked a bunch of people who don't understand what Rpg Maker or game design. What did you expect them to say?

I agree with everyone else, make a prequel or something. Don't remake something that doesn't need a remake.

Heck, make a Sweeney Todd game. Nobody has done that yet!
author=Arandomgamemaker

The more people you kill, the more efficient in killing you become, the more strength you'll have to upgrade to better weapons used solely for killing more people.

As a bonus, you could also masterfully shave a person's beard or cut their hair first before knifing them to death, and if you can do it before the victim suspects anything, you'll gain a higher rank.

Add on a mini game of cooking your victims for the use of meat pies, and there's your recipe for an epic new game. Wait, did I seriously make a pun without meaning to?

Calunio should jump at this idea.
author=amerk
author=Arandomgamemaker
The more people you kill, the more efficient in killing you become, the more strength you'll have to upgrade to better weapons used solely for killing more people.

As a bonus, you could also masterfully shave a person's beard or cut their hair first before knifing them to death, and if you can do it before the victim suspects anything, you'll gain a higher rank.

Add on a mini game of cooking your victims for the use of meat pies, and there's your recipe for an epic new game. Wait, did I seriously make a pun without meaning to?

Calunio should jump at this idea.
not enough sex or perversity.

author=dbzfanboy

Prove us wrong! I await your gameprofile submission and download.
unity
You're magical to me.
If it's really what you wanna do, then do it. I just don't understand the mentality of remaking an old triple-A title off of the PS2 rather than making your own game.

author=dbzfanboy
Is this a better map?

...Are you serious? What's with all the overworld-style castles and towers just thrown over the place?
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
author=dbzfanboy
Is this a better map?

Marginally, but no.

author=unity
...Are you serious? What's with all the overworld-style castles and towers just thrown over the place?

Those are the ruins of Zanarkand, you see? :I
:I
:'I
Also the cliff tiles are really making me mad. Please tell me you know what shift clicking is.

And....towers on a building tile? Is that supposed to be the ruins?

Go post this in the screenshot topic, I'm done.
author=unity
If it's really what you wanna do, then do it. I just don't understand the mentality of remaking an old triple-A title off of the PS2 rather than making your own game.

author=dbzfanboy
Is this a better map?

Its supposed to be the destroyed Zanarkand buildings in the intro:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvIp4tRIUJI
You all can stop posting in this thread now.
unity
You're magical to me.
Good one. You had me there.
Can someone please give me tips or something how make this a better map? I want to try to make this to be the best 2D remake possible. I'm trying harder to add detail well?

Pages: first prev 123 next last