TMNT TRAILER

Pages: first 12 next last

so.... making them an intentional experiment (rather than a freak accident) kind of changes... everything. Like, their motivations, training, raison-d'etre.. If you were create a mutated supersoldier, wouldn't you, you know, train them with guns and shit, and not centuries old weaponry?

Is Michael Bay going through each of my cherished childhood memories and destroying them one by one?
Yeah, outside of the original cartoons and maybe the very first movie, it seems nobody can get the TMNT's down pat.

And since was April's father even involved?
I must say, the new TMNT 3d cartoon is excellent. It is a good blend of action and campy humour like the original 80s cartoon, but not TOO campy. I like it!
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
This looks completely amazing. Good action, great special effects, and yet the turtles themselves are humorous and light-hearted like the original characters. Shredder and April O'Neal are present, you can actually tell the turtles apart(!), there appears to be some manner of legitimate original plot instead of just remaking the original live action movie, and no one gets sent back in time to ancient Japan or ordered around by a brain-tentacle monster from Dimension X who lives in an underground tunnelling technodrome.

Are "they look sort of different" and "there's a new character introduced" seriously your movie-shattering complaints?

Also, people creating mutant supersoldiers has been part of every iteration of TMNT. The turtles are sometimes an accidental byproduct of this research (spare canister of mutagen falls into sewer) while in other versions of the story it's simply used to create powerful villains (bebop, rocksteady, baxter stockman). From the sound of the trailer, the researchers weren't trying to make mutant turtles - they were an accident.
Personally, I'd love to see Krang, but I don't think it could be done right with a live action movie. I'm at least happy they're bringing back Shredder, though, and yeah, no time travel to ancient Japan... such a horrible movie that one was.
author=LockeZ
Are "they look sort of different" and "there's a new character introduced" seriously your movie-shattering complaints?
No, it was the origin story. (and I admit the BAYSPLOSIONS and BAYSLOMO was a little offputting)

E:
also Michelangelo's lips.

E2:
why are they all like 8 feet tall?

E3:
why did Leo steal the armor from the fat kid in Hook?
It looks awful. I thought they could get a lot of mileage out of the last animated movie.

Its a Michael Bay movie, he can do what the fuck he wants. Think explosions or everything that $150 million could buy. Imagine if Tim Burton made it.
"Transformers 5 already announced. Plot twist? They're turtles!"
;.;
Why can't they get the classics right? We have the technology and still we get this shit. Why?!
Saw video thumbnail, started video, saw Michael Bay and laughed. That concludes my TMNT 2014 experience. I'd maybe watch it if there were rifftraxs and I had to choose between it and Secret of the Ooze.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Michael Bay isn't actually doing anything but funding it, though. He's the producer, not the director.

(edit: admittedly he also seems to be providing the stock sound effects)
You're right! I assumed the text above his name was Directed By the instant I saw it. Guess it was selling on his name that they crammed his name in big letters at the start but no mention of Liebesman until the very end. I had to look up his previous works and got the Battle of LA and Wrath of the Titans which is, while better than TF2, not very good movies. Maybe I'll see it in the cheap theaters.
I’m still pretty optimistic about this, but it’s hard to not watch the trailer and not get that whole “Transformers” vibe while watching it. I appreciate some of the changes that they made for this one, but I have a bad feeling that this movie is going to be shunned even before it’s in theaters due to all those overwhelming changes, especially if you grew up with the comics or watching the original 80’s cartoon. It’s great to see another live action adaptation of the Turtles again, but this may be too much even for a Turtles fan.

Also - I didn’t even know that April even had a father. (Well, yeah, duh, but he was never really present in any of the Turtle cartoons / movies that I’ve seen before.)

author=kentona
"Transformers 5 already announced. Plot twist? They're turtles!"

Hey, I’m just even more surprised that they’re doing a 5th Terminator movie. (Oh, Hollywood… When will you ever learn?)
What did they do to April O'Neil?
Bloody hell.
LockeZ
She was a programmer who worked as an assistant to Baxter Stockman in both the original comics and the 2003 TV series, she was a TV reporter in the 90s TV series, and she got trained in ninja combat and later mutated into a female turtle in the Archie comics.

But in the 2012 cartoon series, the one that's still running, she is the teenage daughter of a genetic researcher(!!), and also has telepathic powers due to being half-human and half-Krang(@$?#).

They seem to have kind of merged a couple of those ideas, and used her yellow jacket from the 90s TV series (but thankfully not the entire yellow jumpsuit). She's taking pictures of stuff, so she might be both a reporter and the daughter of a genetic researcher?
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
OMG...childhood officially destroyed (yes I read the whole thread). At least they aren't aliens with the characteristics of turtles, but you know if Bay and company were really serious about doing this right, they'd have at least consulted with Kevin Eastman or Peter Laird.

TURTLES DON'T HAVE TEETH; THEY HAVE BEAKS!!!!!

Edit: Please support your local turtle rescue organizations. The little guys badly need our help. Thank you.
I understand that some re-envisioning of the characters is to be expected. After all, who wants to just carbon-copy something old instead of putting its own twist on it? Buy why, oh why did they choose to go that direction? Don't they have better concept artists in Hollywood or something? The turtles look awful with those hulking bodies and tiny heads... Yeah, those live-action koopas are the first thing that comes to mind, and that's not a mental image you want associated with a movie. ;P
author=pianotm
TURTLES DON'T HAVE TEETH; THEY HAVE BEAKS!!!!!

Humans do. These things look pretty human.
The thing I'm most bothered about is the sudden paintjob on the building at the 20 second mark. I had to go back twice and see if I wasn't imagining things.

On the whole though it does not look nearly as bad as I feared it would.
I prefer the animatronic turtles of yesterday. I actually thought they were gonna go in that direction again, but nope. The CGI for their faces looks like something out of Shrek.

The worst thing to me is Shredder though. Instead of a Japanese ninja fighter, he's some white dude who controls a black ops team or whatever. Is this costume magically gonna give him ninja fighting powers to be able to take on all 4 of these 8-feet tall (assumed 400+ pound) turtles? No? No.

EDIT: Mikey looks like Sid from Ice Age. Look at him in the final frame.
Pages: first 12 next last