[ACE SCRIPTING] HOW TO UN-SHIFT SPRITES IN GAME?

Pages: 1
Hey guys, there's a certain little event coming up and I thought I'd participate in it. Because of how short the jam is, I thought it would be easier to make a sort of sidescrolling aesthetic. I'll be doing this through use of parallax mapping.

In any case, I noticed that by default, sprites are automatically shifted a few pixels up when in game, mainly so they can look a bit overlayed with your wall tiles. Does anyone know anything in the script that may be modified to remove this feature?
Start your file name with ! - it gets rid of the 4 pixel shift.
author=Travio
Start your file name with ! - it gets rid of the 4 pixel shift.

Thanks for the quick feedback! Though, would that be for an index of 1 spritesheet, or for the index of 8?
(As in, would it be written as !$(Filename) ?)

Or does it go somewhere else entirely?
It works with either, according to the Ace help file.

You can either use !(Filename) for the 8-sprite or !$(Filename) for the 1-sprite.

Quoting the help file:

Adding an exclamation point (!) to the beginning of a file name cancels the application of the four-pixel offset, and also turns off the translucent effect applied by the bush attribute. This is used mainly for object-type characters on maps, such as doors and treasure chests. It can also be used in combination with the dollar sign ($) special character.

Adding a dollar sign ($) to the beginning of a file name allows you to treat one character as one file. In this case, the size of the character will be one-third of the width and one-fourth of the height of the file. It can also be used in combination with the exclamation point (!) special character.
Welp, that just about does it! xD
Thank you so much! I actually wasn't expecting it to be that easy. To be honest I never actually used the 8 index with character/human sprites so I never really noticed the difference. It's neat how they've built the functionality into something easily accessible, see you around!
Pages: 1