WEIRD FREEZES

Pages: 1
So I've been trying to find the source of these weird freezes that happen quite frequently in my game Reap and Sow.
And as you might guess by me posting here, I can't find it. The problem is prominent in pretty much every map of the game, and happen at what seems to be random intervals for a short amount of time (0.5 sec, ca). It's not just me that has the problem, I've got it reported from several people and only in this game.

I'm using a number of scripts:
MOG - Madoka Title Screen
HIDE SHOP ITEM CATEGORIES by Seiryuki
SELL-ONLY SHOP SCRIPT by Enelvon
CATEGORIZE ITEM SCENE by Seiryuki
YIA Simple Menu By YesImAaron
Large Choices by Tsukihime
Choice Options by Tsukihime
N.A.S.T.Y. Text Pop Over Events by Nelderson
Fix Picture to Map by modern algebra
Basic Window Resizer v1.1 by V.M of D.T

I've edited some of them slightly, but I doubt that is the reason since I've only made minor changes. There are also a couple of other small scripts I made myself which I dougbt is the reason, since I've used them in other games without problems.
I suspect the reason might be the number of events I have in the game, which is massive. I really hope that that is not the reason, since I can't reduce it much (I've already done this a number of times to try to combat the problem) and I'm currently at a standstill as to what to do.

If it's indeed the number of events, I fear I might have to abandon the project, but I really hope someone can help me find the definite source of the problem. I also realize this is a bit of a time consumer when it comes to help requests but I really don't know what else to do, I've tried a number of things, but I need someone better than me to help out at this point or I will have to abandon the project, seeing as the game is really annoying to play with these freezes. So, yeah. Help, please?

So, here's how to diagnose this:

Make a new project with a blank map. Paste in all your scripts.
Does it still freeze? If no, then it's either a) your maps or b) a script you're calling on every map. If yes, move on.
Disable a script by deleting it.
Does it still freeze? If no, then you've found your culprit. If yes, repeat until it doesn't freeze.

Once you've tracked down which script it is, you can start to try to fix it.
Instead of deleting a script, past it below Main. That disables without having to actually delete it so you can check to see if it's actually a combination of scripts.
Did as you suggested and removed scripts one by one. Sadly, not even removing all of them removed the freezes. So I did some more testing, with all the scripts still gone, tried out starting in various maps. It seems that when I start in every map in the game except one, there are no freezes.

Sadly, this map is absolutely necessary for the game. The map in question is the farm in the game. It's absolutely loaded with events, for growing crops, and animals. None of them should have any lasting effects after you exit that map though.

Either way, again I'm suspecting it's the number of events that is the problem but I can't really remove too many of them. So any suggestions on what the heck to do? Also why does it start freezing in other maps when just by visiting this map once? Again, there are NO common events or stuff that should change anything in other maps in the farm map, except a couple of switches and variables (well, alot of switches and variables really, but still).
You could use common events to reduce the event issue a bit. Take the larger evented pieces and add that to a few common events. As it stands, there is a problem with Ace when it comes to too many events on a map (even a small map). I think there's a script fix out there somewhere, so do a little searching. It'd probably be either an updated Ace core fix (probably found on RMW) or a lag script.

I also think it's a case of once the lag loads it's there to stay, so getting rid of it will probably stop it affecting the rest of your game.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Have you tried the Anti Lag script? It keeps event graphics from updating when they're more than a certain distance off the edge of the screen. Might help.

Do the events in that map run on loops, instead of just restarting automatically at the end of the event? If so those loops would continue when you leave the map. An event that starts on one map will not instantly end when you leave the map; it'll continue until it reaches the end of the event. If you can handle the loops via end-of-event + parallel process instead of via the Loop command, they will stop running when you leave the map instead of continuing for the rest of the game.
I tried Lune, Victor and Moghunters antilagscripts, and they didn't do anything except victors which created more problems, such as bugs with events not starting (even when I did stuff like put comments in like the script told me to). Lunes antilagscript also apparently is uncompatible with 640x480 resolution. Yami also got one but it would require me to rename a shitton of events so I didn't bother with that one.

None of the events has any loops in them.

Couldn't find an updated Ace core fix, got a link where I can find it?
What does it even do that would help with the freezes?

It would be good if I could do this without horribly butchering the map and making it several smaller maps (which would suck since it's already not even that big).
Pages: 1