I SWEAR I'M NOT A BOT Q_Q

Pages: 1
But the site keeps asking...

Anyway, it has been a long time since I last slept, as I got rather wrapped up with fixing a bug in my current project, so I do not promise coherence.

I am officially studying CS, but spend far too much time on writing projects (two novels completed and others) and every now and then find time to work on a game. Most of my games have been handmade as that's what made sense for me, though my latest project is being done in RPGMaker VX Ace, which lead me to these forums.

I am not widely played due to lack of hardware, but I've probably read the book on w/e game you're talking about. I also rather love the design of games and discussions thereof.

So, hi, etc. Good night?!
Yellow Magic
Could I BE any more Chandler Bing from Friends (TM)?
Welcome to RMN fellow CSer!
Ah, each new topic when created will ask about the bot thing whether you've been here forever or only a day. Bots don't answer the question right (most of the time) so that tends to stop them from posting. ^.^

Welcome to RMN, and we do discuss design so I'm looking forward to seeing you post!
CashmereCat
Self-proclaimed Puzzle Snob
You are a bot! All of your kind are!

Just kidding. If you have to wonder if you're a bot or not, you're probably not a bot.
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
If you were a 'bot, would you dream of robot sheep?
But what if you were, as a bot, programmed to wonder whether you're a bot or not? What if we're all just bots programmed to think we're humans?

AH!

*ahem*

Welcome to RMN! Welcome to the world of insanity. Be sure to participate and give us lots of lovely new content to compute engage with.
Hiya, sviel! Welcome to RMN~ It's lovely here, especially when you have plenty of makerscore below your name.

A wise man once said makerscore was life and he was correct.
CashmereCat
Self-proclaimed Puzzle Snob
author=Marrend
If you were a 'bot, would you dream of robot sheep?

I like that reference. That is a niiiiiiiice reference.
We know you`re not a bot because robots can't lie

Welcome to RMN!

E: guys, it's electric sheep
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
author=kentona
We know you`re not a bot because robots can't lie

Welcome to RMN!

But then he would be an android, and robots "cannot harm humans either", but a robot may lie if it can reasonably assume that the truth may be harmful to humans.
Well, that was all very reassuring...

Anyway, I just realized there are reviews here, so I'm going to go read them and maybe write some.

I kind of know forums a little, but is there anything strange about this place that I might discover months from now and wish I had known about earlier?
pianotm
Strange...

I'm just wondering, but do any of us seem normal to you?

Well, I spend my free time with gam mak, playing piano, repairing pianos, writing science-fiction and fantasy, and reading manuscripts by men who have been dead for hundreds or thousands of years in the pursuit of becoming a sorcerer.

It's not my place to speak for anyone else. Welcome to RMN. Leave sanity at the door.
author=pianotm
...and reading manuscripts by men who have been dead for hundreds or thousands of years in the pursuit of becoming a sorcerer.

Someone needs to invest in some chaos. It won't break your soul. I promise.
pianotm
Any suggestions?
Ah, the way our forums are set up when it come to games is different to other forums and it's something that trips new faces up sometimes. Instead of having game topics in the forums we have a nifty game page feature. It's a bit like your own personal game blog - one for each game. To add one just hover over Submissions in the top bar and follow the steps provided. Once a game has been approved you can make more pages on the page (say for a walkthrough or character list), add more images or media, blog about the game and your progress/ask for help (request blogs automatically go to the Help Forum) and change the look of your page via CSS.

That's another thing - we have a deliciously sexy black bar at the top of the page. Said bar will let you do various things on the site, from messing with your account to adding submissions to the site or searching for something - though do note that sometimes the search feature can be a bit temperamental.

We also allow people to add media to others' game pages - whether it be Let's Plays, art or the like.

There's also events - at the top of the community page you'll find banners. These will change on occasion to let you know if there's an event in progress. You can also check via the front page or clicking on the actual Event portal (you should familiarise yourself with the portals. There's a lot of things tucked away in them) which will take you to the event page and list the newest events.

You also have a locker where you can host anything (and toggle it to private or public) as long as it's below your current space capabilities. The more Makerscore you have, the more space your locker gets (though it does cap out with enough). You can link anything from your locker to other sites easily. And it's there to stay as long as you don't delete it, so it's great for storing images you need to keep.

Don't store games there, though~ We at RMN allow hosting on-site via game pages and it's quite reliable, only going down when the site is down. That said, we only allow files of about 300-500MB (unless you have a special reason for more - say a huge completed game with all original assets and the like).

Feel free to poke your nose around in all the corners - there's a lot to find on RMN.
author=Sviel
Well, that was all very reassuring...

Anyway, I just realized there are reviews here, so I'm going to go read them and maybe write some.

I kind of know forums a little, but is there anything strange about this place that I might discover months from now and wish I had known about earlier?
For a site about hobbyist RPG creation and a name of RPG Maker Network, we have a peculiar focus on Mario games.
To clarify some of Libby's points:

-There is no cap on space you can earn via makerscore (other than the limit of space on the sever)
-There is a hard limit of 450mb for filesize. It's one of the configuration items in nginx (iirc) and that's what we set it to.
-double posting is not allowed (unless you are admin)
author=pianotm
Strange...

I'm just wondering, but do any of us seem normal to you?

Well, I spend my free time with gam mak, playing piano, repairing pianos, writing science-fiction and fantasy, and reading manuscripts by men who have been dead for hundreds or thousands of years in the pursuit of becoming a sorcerer.

It's not my place to speak for anyone else. Welcome to RMN. Leave sanity at the door.

Everyone is very strange, but that is better because I'm terrified of normal people. I don't know how they do it. I suspect foul magics~

author=Liberty
Feel free to poke your nose around in all the corners - there's a lot to find on RMN.

Thanks for the info, I'll be...spending a lot of time here I'm sure.

author=kentona
For a site about hobbyist RPG creation and a name of RPG Maker Network, we have a peculiar focus on Mario games.

Yes I read some of those reviews too, but I never liked Mario games. Yes, I'll show myself out q_q
author=kentona
To clarify some of Libby's points:

-There is no cap on space you can earn via makerscore (other than the limit of space on the sever)
-There is a hard limit of 450mb for filesize. It's one of the configuration items in nginx (iirc) and that's what we set it to.
-double posting is not allowed (unless you are admin)

Covered yourself with that one, didn't you? XD
I'll add to that line with - No double posting allowed unless there's 3 or so days between your last post, you're admin, it's in a forum game topic (think mafia), or the topic requires it.

Also, duplicate accounts are the biggest no. And theft, of course. ;p
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
author=kentona

Damn. I knew that. I swear, I did.
Pages: 1