NEEDING A SPECIFIC SCRIPT FOR DYNRPG. KINDA SIMPLE.

Pages: 1
Well, as the title says, I'm needing a script for DynRPG on 2k3 that replaces a function I used on a previous game using Destiny Script.

The script would simply CHANGE the main key buttons for the game.

Previously, it was "Arrow Up" that moves the character. Well, I need to change it for the extinct "F24" key.

Also, I need another script that makes the game "thinks" that a key is pressed, when it's not.

Both scripts together may create a custom button system, since I put basic buttons on extinct keys (F13 ~ F24) I can create a system that recognizes when a button chosen by the player (using the Keyboard and Mouse Plugin) there will be a parallel event making the F13~F24 key pressed, making the character move/interact/whatever is.

Thanks for reading.
1st: I need a script for DynRPG that changes the main keys.

Like the arrows that moves the hero be changed to WASD and interaction from Space to "L".

2nd: A script that makes the game think that a key is pressed.

When I turn the switch "Key" on, the game will think that "Left Arrow" is pressed until the switch is turned off.
I think he said what because what is the point of the script when the keyboard and mouse plugin exists.
I am not looking for a full keyboard system, I am looking for a system that changes the main commands in the game.
The key assignment can be changed using http://rpg-maker.cherrytree.at/dynrpg/class_r_p_g_1_1_input.html

(By the way, before anybody thinks there are jokes involved or something: The keys F13-F24 do exist. Just not on normal keyboards (well, you get F13-F15 by connecting a Mac keyboard). But they have logical key codes.)
Cherry, that's exacly what I was looking for.

But though, I have a problem: I have NO idea how to make a C++ script. I looked down for some tutorials, I found on your website some instructions but you was even capable of downloading the compiler.

Basically, I want to do the same I did here:

http://www.rpgmaker.net/media/content/users/14134/locker/Sem_ttulo.png

What I did was first of all, the four variables had the ID Values for the Arrow Keys.

Then I used the variable 209 to check if the key stored in each variable was pressed. (0 means pressed)

Then for each "pressed" and "non-pressed", there was a command that makes the RPG_RT thinks that the keys FXX is pressed.

If the game was paused or if the hero couldn't move because of the ABS I was making, the hero would be unable to move, since all keys would be set "up" (not pressed)

I'm not good with codes, so... do you think you can make the script for me?
Wait a second, I don't understand what's your intention O_o

You just want to prevent the hero from moving?
Something like CONTROL_EVERYTHING_EXCEPT_MOVEMENT here? http://rpg-maker.cherrytree.at/dynrpg/namespace_r_p_g.html#aac457e39c7739e3ba971f80b44dab040
I think I understand now.

It's rerouting the movement from arrow keys to something nobody has on their keyboard. Then creating a way to trigger the arrow keys's normal effect, moving the hero, by using the switches associated with the Keyboard and Mouse Plugin.

So if someone managed to press F24, they would be moving the hero. If they press arrow keys, nothing happens.
Then he'd create a system in the game where the player can press any button on the keyboard and have it trigger F24 in a natural way(not artificial like using Move Hero).

Do you need this plugin because you can't prevent the hero from being moved by the arrow keys? Because there are ways to do that with basic code.
I think I understand now.

It's rerouting the movement from arrow keys to something nobody has on their keyboard. Then creating a way to trigger the arrow keys's normal effect, moving the hero, by using the switches associated with the Keyboard and Mouse Plugin.

So if someone managed to press F24, they would be moving the hero. If they press arrow keys, nothing happens.
Then he'd create a system in the game where the player can press any button on the keyboard and have it trigger F24 in a natural way(not artificial like using Move Hero).

Do you need this plugin because you can't prevent the hero from being moved by the arrow keys? Because there are ways to do that with basic code.

THAT.

The main idea is create this:
https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/320x240q90/835/suam.png

Options menu -> Config keys

The same I did on this game:

http://centrorpg.com/jogos-completos-de-rpg-maker/legado-da-escuridao-(no-rtp)/
(1:30 for the video)
...then why not just changing the key assignments to the new keys the users configures instead of changing them to F13/whatever and then simulating the keypresses? O_o
Rave
Even newspapers have those nowadays.
author=Cherry
(By the way, before anybody thinks there are jokes involved or something: The keys F13-F24 do exist. Just not on normal keyboards (well, you get F13-F15 by connecting a Mac keyboard). But they have logical key codes.)

That still misses F15-F24. What keyboard does have those anyway? Aren't those those weird "media" (play/stop, volume, etc.) keys by any chance?

Also, doesn't 2k3 have this F1 window you can configure keybindings with?
Rave
Even newspapers have those nowadays.
Yes, I know XP and up have this, but doesn't 2k3 also have it (it was so long since I used it)?
No, 2k3 doesn't have a F1 menu.

Cherry, what exacly do you mean?

The idea is something the player would actually customize in game-menu. Since I was used to the destiny script (it has a really easy system) it was simple to create that system/menu. Since your system is C++ based, I have no idea of how to create any script or coding. I have found the values on your website, but I have no idea of how using it (I've already tried).

Rave - Those are Macro Keys.
Pages: 1