[POLL] MORE ICONIC FOR NINTENDO, MARIO OR LINK?

Poll

More iconic for Nintendo, Mario or Link? - Results

Mario
94%
Link
5%

Pages: first prev 123 next last
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
I am a Legend of Zelda fan. I like Mario, but not as much. He's a bit more whimsical character, without the same level of abstract intellect I expect in my whimsy.

Yeah, I'm going to have say Mario is easily more iconic than Link, but in Link's defense, Nintendo, while it has done some wonderful things with the LoZ series, simply doesn't make the effort to push it they way it does Mario.
Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
author=Sailerius
Kids nowadays don't even know who Mario or Link are. Angry Birds is the new Mario.

With all the younger cousins and kids of family friends I see, Mario is definitely not out of their minds.

I see more adults play Angry Birds than I do kids, on top of that.
SunflowerGames
The most beautiful user on RMN!

The question should have been who you liked more.
Mario was the game that was usually wrapped up with NES consoles.
Zelda didn't come out until later.

On as side note: Who remembers the old Mario TV show?
author=pianotm
Nintendo, while it has done some wonderful things with the LoZ series, simply doesn't make the effort to whore it they way it does Mario.

Fixed that for ya.

Nintendo obviously loves Mario more -- after all, they let two Zelda CDi games happen compared to just one for Mario!

author=NewBlack
sonic

Well, given these Lost World crossovers, in tandem with a second Smash appearance...
Ratty524
author=turkeyDawg
author=pianotm
Nintendo, while it has done some wonderful things with the LoZ series, simply doesn't make the effort to whore it they way it does Mario.
Fixed that for ya.

Nintendo obviously loves Mario more -- after all, they let two Zelda CDi games happen compared to just one for Mario!
Well of course. Zelda may be their baby, but Mario is their star child. Fucking up Mario simply doesn't happen, as doing so results in eternal damnation.
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
author=kory_toombs

Saturday morning cartoons in middle school in the early 90s. Yes, I remember those days. Then I moved and went to a junior high, and by then, the Sonic the Hedgehog cartoon was out. There was also the Legend of Zelda cartoon.

author=turkeyDawg
author=pianotm
Fixed that for ya.

Ah, yes, my mistake. With Mario Kart 8 being released, I was actually thinking about this earlier today. Why is it so damned hard for them to do something new?
ticking "subscribe to threads I post in" was the worst decision.
author=kory_toombs

I bought it for my kid last week. He's watched all 26 episodes at least 4 times each. It is as horrible as you remember (but remarkably, it is pretty faithful to SMB3 (in that it looks like the creators had actually played the game and knew about it's elements))
author=kentona
author=Link_2112
If the question was "Which character do you like more?" more people would pick Link.

No they wouldn't because most people don't know who Link is.

Well to get technical, I said 'more people'. Any number is more than the 0 of this poll question :P

author=NewBlack
ticking "subscribe to threads I post in" was the worst decision.

HAHAHA I unchecked that box right away.
Ratty524
author=kentona
I bought it for my kid last week. He's watched all 26 episodes at least 4 times each. It is as horrible as you remember (but remarkably, it is pretty faithful to SMB3 (in that it looks like the creators had actually played the game and knew about it's elements))

The Super Mario Bros. Super Show was awesome, but it was during the SMB3 season where it started to go downhill, both in writing and animation quality.

how many Link dolls do you see in this Easter picture session that we paid $140 for? testament to the popularity of mario
While I enjoy Zelda games more, Mario actually has a personality.

Ooooh, I went there~
Super Mario World was the first game I ever played on a non-genesis
video-game console followed by Zelda LTTP minus Link.

It'sa me, Mario!

Honestly, this question should kind of answer itself lol. Though I've always loved me some Zelda.
While I like the Legend of Zelda better, almost everyone knows who Mario is, regardless if they play games or not.
Link's character and personality will always remain a mystery to me.
Windwaker is probably my favorite game in the entire series.
Poor Link… I’m going to give him some more love.
I remember someone saying that Link was designed to not have personality so the player could imagine themselves as Link. I don't know if that's fact or opinion, but either way I don't approve of that idea.
Yeah, I think that's a statement from the actual developers. However, in some other developer interviews, they talk about Link's "character", namely emphasizing some of his more bumbling, "unheroic" everyman qualities (similar to Mario). Thing is, Link actually does have some strange behaviors, like the way he swims or holds objects over his head, and Soul Calibur II gives him a less-than-perfect sense of balance. In Wind Waker he almost seems to actually have a personality as well, but... there's just only so much you can do with someone who never speaks or thinks. I mean, even Mario and Luigi get random voice clips (with actual words) on occasion.

author=Addit
Poor Link… I’m going to give him some more love.

Addit x Link OTP slash fics incoming
author=Ratty524
author=turkeyDawg
author=pianotm
Fixed that for ya.

Well of course. Zelda may be their baby, but Mario is their star child. Fucking up Mario simply doesn't happen, as doing so results in eternal damnation.

Well I understand the point of this post, but I felt the need to comment to this. As stated, Mario is the clear winner, but there were some bad games. The CDi game, Marios Missing (SNES), the Mario educational games (SNES) and in my oppinion Mario Lost Levels. I can't recall a bad Zelda game other then the CDi games.
Pages: first prev 123 next last