TEAM FORTRESS 2! (FREE TO PLAY)

Pages: 1

From TV Tropes

A sequel to the classic mod Team Fortress Classic, itself based off of a mod for the original Quake, Team Fortress 2 has exactly the kind of story elements a multiplayer-only shooter should have: interesting settings, awesome character classes that each have a distinct personality and can be easily recognized just by their silhouette, and an Excuse Plot that stays All There in the Manual. Said Excuse Plot, in its entirety, is "The other side is the enemy. You've been hired to shoot their asses off." For the average player, it really doesn't get any more complicated than that. Crack that Manual open, though, and it's a different story ...

In short, Team Fortress 2 is fun as shit. A team based, class based, item heavy FPS, I got into this game a few years ago in college when it was first released. Since then, it's gotten a bunch of gameplay updates, limited but not including; Crafting, a bunch of new weapons, a ton of new game modes, and a strange obsession with hats. Oh yeah, and it's free. Generally speaking, if you have a decent computer, have even a passing interest in FPS, and would appreciate some class and RPG customization options in said FPS, I seriously recommend you pick this up.

Like I said, it's free.

BUT NOT ONLY THAT, obviously I play too and mostly because I lost my previous profile and am starting my shit over, I'd really like to play with you guys as well, even if not TF2, just add my Steam profile so I can maybe play some other games as well. I figure if we have enough people interested in TF2 or some other game, we could start community matches or something like that.

Also, it's free. Come on, bro.
It was free many moons ago and is a hatfest borefest now for me now after playing over 2,000 hours. =/
Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
I personally couldn't get into it that much, though it may just be that I'm not into FPS's that much more than anything else.
author=ZPE
It was free many moons ago and is a hatfest borefest now for me now after playing over 2,000 hours. =/

Yeah I tried to steer too clear of being a hat fanatic, but the various new weapons and equipment is pretty awesome!
I'll try it out. My PC should handle it, I could run FFxiv fairly smooth on low settings.
TF2 is a lot of fun. I haven't been playing it as much as I used to (though I always tend to give it a whirl during the Halloween events). I have a couple of servers favorited because I found that vanilla rules are always the best (and when using the matchmaker thing I always ended up in some Russian server with instant respawn and donator privileges).

Also a new steam profile, so that explains why you never accepted my friend request... I hope :)
I still play all the time. Been at it since roughly 2008, and with all the features Valve put in and whatnot, my activity on the game has yet to die down.

3000+ hours, but it's still VERY addictive and fun if you go to the right server, hard as that is, of course. For anyone just starting out, stay away from Valve servers, since they're usually the worst in terms of idiotic/snobbish players. Go to the Corner Pub or Drunken Brawl (searching on the server browser will net you results) if you want a good beginner's experience, since the players are usually friendly and accommodating.

I played competitively for around six months or so back in 2010, and it's the funnest shit EVER if you pick the right team, though a headset/microphone is highly recommended since the pace is usually fast. Trust me, though, if you REALLY want to kick your skills up a notch, try it out.

Oh, and my mains are Soldier/Demo/Scout. Predictable, I know, but they're above everyone else if you play them for hundreds of hours.

My Steam's on my user profile on here, if anyone ever wants to join in on my shooting escapades (or talk, really, idc).
Yellow Magic
Could I BE any more Chandler Bing from Friends (TM)?
I play every now and then. Pyro's my main: Although I am pretty bad overall I like setting everyone on fire. Pyromaniac tendencies coming to light? Maybe.

This is my Steam Profile. I guess I'll add all y'all at some point.
I think I'll give it a shot since my finals are almost rapped up.
I still play on occasion. I always play Medic. I'm known to not heal people who spam MEEEEDIIIIIC for no reason, though(including all the Heavies that insist I latch on to them at all times).

Profile: http://steamcommunity.com/id/1111060828/

I'm not on too much lately, due to game creation and/or Elder Scrolls Online, but feel free to message me and/or add me and I might be tempted to hop on.
I started playing Team Fortress 2 on May 28th of this year, three days after getting the laptop I have now.

I usually play Spy, Soldier, Scout, and Heavy, but I've gotten some playtime with the Sniper.

I'm not a fan of the Pyro since they keep burning everything! By the way, the Pyro is a male, according to Game Theory. Here's the video to prove it:

TF2 Pyro Theory Video

I'm still a newbie at the game, but I'm getting better! I'm trying to get Your Eternal Reward for the Spy. Have it? Then trade it to me via Steam by befriending me. My profile name is the same as on this site!
Pages: 1