FINAL FANTASY XIII COMING TO... 360 AND PS3 SIMULTANEOUSLY

Pages: first 12 next last
WIP
I'm not comfortable with any idea that can't be expressed in the form of men's jewelry
Was just shown off at the Microsoft conference at E3.

Looks like I definitely don't need a PS3 anymore.
No one needs a PS3 (unless they have a wife who insists on owning SingStar, and a husband willing to take advantage of any opportunity to get a new gaming system of any sort).
I'm really not surprised at all. Although I thought Metal Gear 4 would be announced before this.
Microsoft really emphasized the "Look at all the great franchise coming over from the Playstation to the Xbox point"

I say Bah! I have my Metal Gear Solid 4 and my God of War. And blue-ray, and 1080pi graphics, and 80 gig hardrive, and it produces more heat than the heaters in my house.(Which is not fun in the summer)

But I did like the trailer, of course all Final Fantasy trailers and cutscenes are amazing.
WIP
I'm not comfortable with any idea that can't be expressed in the form of men's jewelry
author=GameOverGames Productions link=topic=1523.msg23834#msg23834 date=1216067779
Microsoft really emphasized the "Look at all the great franchise coming over from the Playstation to the Xbox point"

Really? What other franchises were those?
Well, I guess FFXIII isn't going to be to PS3 as FFVII was to PSOne, and FFX to PS2. I think PS3 may well be the GameCube of this generation. Not poor enough to completely stop sales, but not good enough to get very many games.

At least now I know I don't have to buy another system to play FFXIII, should I decide to. I already skipped FFXII however.

Now if only Kingdom Hearts 3 jumped to the 360 ;D
Tau
RMN sex symbol
author=WIP link=topic=1523.msg23811#msg23811 date=1216062289
Looks like I definitely don't need a PS3 anymore.
Pretty much what I'm thinking.. I'm actually going to sell it haha. I got the Playstation 3 thinking more RPGs and what not would come it's way but Microsoft have completely turned things around and are now RPGs galore!

I reckon I could get a bit for my 60 gig 2.41 firmware and Uncut GTAIV(NZ has the censored version) Orange Box, Oblivion, Need for Speed, Resistance.. Meh.

WIP theirs Star Ocean, Devil May Cry, Grand Theft Auto DLC, Fallout 3 DLC, Valve prefer 360, Final Fantasy, I know theirs more, just can't think of them right now.
@WIP Don Mattricks mentioned Madden, Guitar Hero, Resident Evil, GTA and Final Fantasy specifically, which really isn't a very long list of franchises, he was mainly trying to show that the Xbox 360 has an ever growing broad array of games, and also I found it interesting that the stats he gave on the Xbox 360 as being the highest selling console with the most software and software sold were different from the stats given from G4 before the press conference, which listed the Xbox 360 as being a few million units behind the Wii, but when has Microsoft been known to actually tell the truth over forcing business to them over their competitors.

(Another interesting fact, since the third generation consoles came out, Sony has sold over 27.5 (or might have been 127.5 can't remember for sure) million Play Station 2s, more than any of the third generation consoles have actually sold.)

Also I'm actually angry about this year's E3, I mean you get to go one year, then the next it becomes invitation only.
WIP
I am actually glad they tightened the doors down on E3. That shit was getting ridiculous.
But do terrorist really know that America has a love for games and it would cause a massive problem if one of them snuck into E3 and blew it up?

Edit: Ok I think my anger stems more from the fact that if they don't change it back I'm probably not going to get back in again.
Tau
RMN sex symbol
I think they closed it because it cost too much or something. I think I recall something like that.
And I still only have a Wii, and I still have no regrets.
*Shrugs*

I've slowly grown more distant from the FF franchise ever since the PS1 generation. I'm at the point now that I can care less whether FFXIII does or doesn't exist. Hell I own FFXII's Limited Edition but it's still in the shrink-wrap. =\

That doesn't mean I won't buy it since I own pretty much every FF of the main line (no Mystic Quest, Crystal Chronicles, X-2, etc.) but I dunno, the interest isn't there anymore. At least the Sci-Fi setting piqued my attention a bit.

As for the PS3, eh it's still the console for me. I like it for it's multi-purpose usage, plus it still has all the series I want to play, whether or not they also appear on other systems.
This is bigger news than the internet can handle!
WIP
author=GameOverGames Productions link=topic=1523.msg23896#msg23896 date=1216094762
But do terrorist really know that America has a love for games and it would cause a massive problem if one of them snuck into E3 and blew it up?

Edit: Ok I think my anger stems more from the fact that if they don't change it back I'm probably not going to get back in again.
Are you a professional game developer?
No which is why I'm probably never going to be able to go again. (just like this year)
WIP
Then you shouldn't be allowed to go in the first place.
Starscream
Conquest is made from the ashes of one's enemies.
author=WIP link=topic=1523.msg23991#msg23991 date=1216222917
Then you shouldn't be allowed to go in the first place.

As if WIP never thought of going or wanted to go to E3. I can remember a more youthful WIP trying to figure out how to get a E3 press pass with his RMN credentials!
WIP
Except it didn't work and for good reason! I actually never tried it because it was ridiculous and was never meant to work.
Pages: first 12 next last