RPG MAKER 2003 QUESTION OF LEGALITIES

Pages: first prev 1234 last
Thiamor
I assure you I'm no where NEAR as STUPID as one might think.
Not illegal if I do decide to get the legal version of Ace.
...there's a new program called Manga Maker. Not sure if it'd fit your needs but it does exist...
Thiamor
My idea is to kind of slow down the average person, so when someone does come along to pirate it, we're bound to have made decent cash off of it. IE, hide the files, and each new release will come with a password in the eventing itself that is emailed to them. Ace should be able to pull enough off.
Zeigfried_McBacon
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
Perhaps you'd be better off looking at your business model as a whole; the DRM it sounds like you're wanting to put in place is little more than a few measly pebbles trying to act as an entire wall.
Thiamor
Look at it like this. It's better to have those few pebbles than nothing at all.
Rave
Even newspapers have those nowadays.
I could do whole player thing (for a price) in actual programming language. Contact me via PM so we can arrange it.
Thiamor
I'm already paying the artist a 50/50 royalty plan, and higher page rates than normal. I can't afford to pay someone to program it. There any programs made that would allow the very thing I'm trying to do?
My two cents:

Rm2k/3 license says executable modifications are not allowed; RTP asset distribution and modifications are allowed only bundled with games made by the same RPG Maker, so:

Any translation, patch or whatever over RPG_RT.exe is not legal.

Alternatives:

EasyRPG Player: Free RPG_RT.exe replacement, made in C++. Currently the most advanced and feature rich, even supports functional (yet being improved) battles and savegames. It will be totally free soon (MIT license), currently GPL license. With current license you can sell your game and make it playable in a lot of operating systems. You can alter the game interpreter, however beware about official RTP assets, there are no free replacements bundled for now.

Choco Player: Closed source RPG_RT.exe alternative, Android only, made in Java, no detailed license, so all rights reserved. Lesser completion status. No savegames.

TURBU: Includes another RPG_RT.exe alternative, GPL license, made in Delphi. Similar advantages as EasyRPG Player. Lesser completion status. No savegames.

20XX (old): RPG_RT.exe alternative, windows Only (DirectX), unfinished, new version is not a RPG_RT.exe interpreter alternative. No savegames.
Sailerius steps into a rm2k3 legal thread
Pages: first prev 1234 last