QUESTION ABOUT ONE OF THE BUZZING GAMES...

Pages: 1
I was surfing for games to play and I chanced upon this one, titled "Konstandin": http://rpgmaker.net/games/6183/

I was immediately curious because it shows that it has 5 stars and 4 reviews, but when I tried to read the reviews I realized there was no "reviews" tab at all. So I went and typed in http://rpgmaker.net/games/6183/reviews and found four reviews, all with 5 stars, but they are all critical reviews titled things like "Ill thought-out" or said to be "poorly thought-out" or a "rip-off". Just to be sure, I searched online for "Konstandin reviews" and found the "Ill thought-out" review under latest reviews, and that one says 1 star and not 5.

I was very confused, and finally I decided to submit it here because if it's a bug, it'll be better for the admins to know quickly. Thanks!
I'm also quite confused since my own review (2 stars) has been changed to apparently 5 as well.

I'm gathering this is either a prank, a site bug (yeah right) or some sort of, idk, hacking? (In which case, goodbye perpetrator. Nice knowing you~)

I was thinking it was a site bug, that's why I put the notification here, but I don't see any other games being affected. It could be hacking, I suppose, which I think the admins should look into immediately.
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
Some of those reviews have a bit of history behind them. Apparently the poster isn't very receptive of negative feedback. I don't know what's going on so I'm just not going to say anymore.
I'm not that fussed about whether or not they're negative reviews, I'm just wondering if there is some kind of bug or problem involved. If so, an admin should know.
Hm... so I just checked my review and it's still set to 2 stars, so that must mean some messing with that page's code instead of someone just changing the star ratings. :/
So it's definitely hacking then? O: Can an admin figure out what is going on? I'm really curious.
This is really weird. Sounds like hacking.
Figured it out. We'll have to wait for kentona or anky to come on before it gets to seen to but for the record, this is not allowed. In case anyone was wondering.
It's a css edit that is explicitly not allowed as per:
You are able to insert custom CSS for your game profile. This CSS will be used for all pages of your game profile. It allows you to change the look for different aspects of your game profile.

You are not allowed to remove or change the standard RMN layout elements such as the topbar, main navigation, logo, and footer. Violating this rule will result in a stripping of your profile CSS. Continued abuse will lead to more severe punishments.
Maybe the creator was unhappy with the bad reviews and hacked in to change them all into 5/5 star reviews.
Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
I am seriously hoping the reason for the page code hacking isn't to hide the game's poor reviews, as like a means to advertise the game and all. I seriously freaking hope not.
I hope the ban hammer falls on whoever did that.
I don't think any good things can come from leaving this topic open. (All I can think of is a lot of nastiness) We'll deal with it as soon as we can (Like Liberty said) and I'll just lock this thread now.
Pages: 1