SHOULD THERE BE A ANNUAL-RMN PARODY GAME?

Pages: first 12 next last
Meaning we are the stars, and we all make inside-jokes about RMN.net.

Like for example, game-scene:
Kentona: THE A IS FOR ANDERSON!!!! YOU FOOL!!!!!!!!!! WTF BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!! (goes out in a blaze of glory with a giant smokey A floating in the air).
The main character: o_O!!? That escalated quickly!

It does not have to limit to just us, we can bring the characters from various RMN games into one giant parody game. I think it would be a incredibly mindless fun community game I think everybody would love to jump into.

It can be both or either or. Just a fun idea I was thinking about today. The main villain can be something utterly ridiculous to the point of beyond comprehension, and has a wacky, and hilariously diabolical plan for all of RMN. I was thinking of a running gag mario character called Dr.Toadly can be the villain.(I think he was a running gag as I've seen that character so many times mentioned, and I saw him a SMBX game once in a factory level).
Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
I'd be surprised if something like this didn't exist yet.
Yellow Magic
Could I BE any more Chandler Bing from Friends (TM)?
idk. that type of game could alienate members who weren't included........
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
For some reason, I got to thinking about the Chirstams card, or the midsummer dream.

I think it would ultimately depend on how you want to frame the game. Wyrm Warriors tries to celebrate the community, so a similar game that is a parody of the community might get some similar responses? I don't know.
CashmereCat
Self-proclaimed Puzzle Snob
author=Yellow Magic
idk. that type of game could alienate members who weren't included........

I think to prevent that you can create a thread where everyone who wants to be in the game provides a character profile of themselves to include in the game, along with a sprite and faceset with no limitations so you can make this glorious game with horribly clashing character sets and wonderful personalities that breaks the fourth, fifth and sixth walls.

Also, you're only allowed to use quotes of what they've said in the forums.
TehGuy
Resident Nonexistence
author=CashmereCat
Also, you're only allowed to use quotes of what they've said in the forums.

Oh boy.. That'll lead to some interesting dialogue trees
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
Can I be the bad guy?
author=pianotm
Can I be the bad guy?

Sure! Anything goes with this idea! Go wild!
SunflowerGames
The most beautiful user on RMN!

Something like "Starving Games" movie parady. You could include all the featured games from the last year.
Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
I'm all for CashmereCat's idea... Except the game wouldn't be playable if you only used quotes from the forums...
Isrieri
"My father told me this would happen."

This thread gives me an idea.

Going to write a plot-line. Be back in a few days.
Hopefully it becomes a reality. Also that's why I suggested, I've noticed this community is pretty tight since I've been coming here.
If this ever gets off the ground, the members of #shump NEED to be the main antagonists behind everything that’s gone wrong - and WIP too! I won’t accept any other bosses besides them.

Oh, and if I’m included in this game, just have me writing some reviews at a desk and talking to me gives you some sort of a item that you can use to pester Solitayre with which will give you access to an even more powerful weapon via a long winded trading sequence.
author=Addit
If this ever gets off the ground, the members of #shump NEED to be the main antagonists behind everything that’s gone wrong - and WIP too! I won’t accept any other bosses besides them.

Oh, and if I’m included in this game, just have me writing some reviews at a desk and talking to me gives you some sort of a item that you can use to pester Solitayre with which will give you access to an even more powerful weapon via a long winded trading sequence.

I like this guy, I like this idea. lol
Seiromem
I would have more makerscore If I did things.
author=Kaliesto
I was thinking of a running gag mario character called Dr.Toadly can be the villain.(I think he was a running gag as I've seen that character so many times mentioned, and I saw him a SMBX game once in a factory level).

This sounds like an excellent idea.
Let no one tell you otherwise.

Not even Addit.
CashmereCat
The more I think about it, the more I just want to make a fricking high school sim with all RMN characters and using their sprites. It will be a cheap open world game with tons of bugs, but it will be fun and it will be done within a couple weeks. That is, from the day I start it (if I do decide to).

kenton can be the principal and Deckiller and Liberty and other mods can be the deans. If I actually end up doing this, then I can set up a page where I put up all the positions, and everyone gives an idea of what role they'd like to be, their favourite sayings and stuff, and their background. Kind of like that Wyrm Warriors thread. Then I'll just create a random ass high school sim with all the characters, using sprites you guys consider.

Anyone have any objection to this? I know Isrieri was thinking of creating a storyline, so maybe we can collab or something.

Edit: I'm thinking of calling it "Fast Times at Aremen High".

Edit #2: I know! It's about a high school where everyone makes RPGs together using RPG Maker. It's about the hustle to make an RPG Maker game, and there is a contest to see who can make the best game and have good grades. It's not an "actual" educational game, it's more like a Simulation RPG, like the game "Bully". For example, the subjects could be Tilesets 101 (someone like Jude teaches this), and RTP mapping 101 (taught by Liberty). Horror 101 (you can have SnowOwl or calunio). Combat 101 & 201 can be taught by Craze, but instead of actually balancing using computers and the program, they use real life sparring combat to demonstrate and encapsulate that.

And then there'll be a prizegiving for real games. Real games can be referred to in the game, like a student saying, "Have you played that game yuna21 made? Tristian: Lady of the Lion? I heard it looks really good. I want to map just like her one day!" or something.

Haha. Just thinking about this concept cracks me up.

Edit #3: I guess I'd have to PM every person that I wish to have in the game to get permission to use their likeness, though. That might be a bit time-consuming. I want to use active members, though, anyway.

Edit #4: And teachers will tell you if your laces are untied, shirt untucked or if you forgot your belt at home. I forgot about that annoying part of school. It has such memories, though. And there will be a preparation phase where you must brush your teeth, wash your face, have a shower etc. otherwise random students will comment on it: "You have sleepydust." or "You smell, dude. Did you even have a shower this morning?" The things that most high school sims just ignore that will make the experience more interesting.
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
As long as I could be the disenfranchised bartender who just sat outside the bar smoking and speaking French-like jibberish.
CashmereCat
Yeah sure. If you can think of any other roles for users, let me know. :)
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
If I'm in any of these games that are floating about, I totally get a Wand of Blasting! Though, to be honest, the WOB is more fun in the hands of the PC than some random NPC.

*Edit: I guess getting the Wand from me could be a thing, though. You'd have to pry it from my cold, dead, fingers, but, yeah.
Pages: first 12 next last