SOCCER WORLD CUP IS COMING. ANYONE COMING TO BR?

Pages: 1

Hiya! I live in Brazil, as some of you known -- specifically in the port of Santos, Latin America's biggest port. And I'm rather curious, any of you, do you plan to come to Brazil?
I'm interested in knowing your perspectives on this possibility. I, for myself, hate soccer, but...

Also, it'd be nice and fun meeting fellow makers in person but that's a nil, probably, so

How do you feel about the idea of coming to Brazil?
Soccer world cup, here we just refer to it as "world cup" hahaha xD
Yellow Magic
Could I BE any more Chandler Bing from Friends (TM)?
author=kentona
World Cup of what?

The only World Cup that matters.

I would have liked to visit Brazil but unfortunately money is tight and I'd hate for England to embarrass me as they usually do.
I would if Canada actually HAD a legitimate men’s soccer team in it.

…Can’t even beat Guatemala or Honduras…
author=kentona
World Cup of what?

THE World Cup. (The second largest sporting event in the world I think (after the summer olympics))

I will follow it like I follow every World Cup. In the comfort of my home. Sleeping very little because of time zones...
Yellow Magic
author=TungerManU
Kinda same for me. Coming to Brazil requires a lot of money + tickets & goods & souvenir stuff, so no chance here, though I'd love to feel all the thrill of Brazilian football.

Fellow Man Utd fan? If so let us drown in each other's tears
Yellow Magic
Oh, I see. I actually lived in Manchester for several years so Utd were pretty much my local team. Now I wish they weren't :<
Isn't Brazil a hotbed of criminality and thuggery? No offense but I see daily reports of muggings, murder, kidnap etc coming from that part of the world. Also, locals are protesting over the World Cup and how it's promised the country's health and education system.

I'll be rooting for the Three Lions (naturally) though we stand little chance under Roy.
News in The Sun (I know... it was the only paper in the canteen) is that Argentinian gangs butthurt about the Falklands are going to be targeting British people in Brazil. Fun. (Also Shaniqua, 22 from Slough has a nice rack)
Nonsense, the Sun is a perfectly fine journalistic publication

I'm originally from Brazil, living in the US right now. But, like most people, don't have the money to be travelling right now and like you I don't really care that much about sports in the first place. That said, I'll probably end up watching most of it anyway
Despite
When the going gets tough, go fuck yourself.
My lady is Brazilian, we were gonna go together but we both got too much stuff on our plate. :(

I will watch on the telly religiously though!
Decky
I'm a dog pirate
The only thing I know/remember about the World Cup are the vuvuvelas. They make those football/soccer matches sound like bee hives.
Pages: 1