IS IT POSSIBLE TO CHANGE SIZE OF CHARACTERS SPRITES FOR RMVX ACE?

Pages: 1
I'm working on some custom character sheets from the DS Pokemon Series. The normal size of the sprites are a tad to small, but when I do x200% they become a tad to big. Is there a way to adjust the size allowed for character sprites in RPG Maker VX Ace?
SunflowerGames
The most beautiful user on RMN!

It is. The High Fantasy pack uses sprites that are much taller.
If you're going for that...
Try making a 210 x 280 sheet and the start of the file name has to have a $.
There are a few scripts out there that enable smaller movement grids (I can't recall the name but I did use one for a moment that allowed 16x16 movement. What does this have to do with your sprite? It looks odd having smaller sprites moving at larger square grids. That said, as long as the sprite sheet is set-up as 4x2 grid of 3x4 animations (the normal sprite) the engine should read it okay, no matter the size of the sprites themselves. So, 16x16 sprites would be fine as long as they're setup in the default way.
xxxoooxxxooo
xxxoooxxxooo
xxxoooxxxooo
xxxoooxxxooo
oooxxxoooxxx
oooxxxoooxxx
oooxxxoooxxx
oooxxxoooxxx

Like the above~
Oh, just info by the by, adding $ will allow a single sprite set to work by itself (instead of the 4x2 sprite sheet, just animations for one sprite on the sheet. Check out the $Big Monster sprites in the RTP for an example) and adding ! will get rid of the pixel offset of the sprites.

By default a normal sprite sheet will be pushed up a few pixels to offer an offset so it looks more natural in the environment. Adding ! will align the bottom most pixels of the sprite with the bottom most line of the grid - usually used by treasure chests and doors in the RTP.

And adding both !$ or $! will allow a one-sprite sheet to ignore the default offset - Gate 1 or 2 in the RTP, for example.
author=Liberty
Oh, just info by the by, adding $ will allow a single sprite set to work by itself (instead of the 4x2 sprite sheet, just animations for one sprite on the sheet. Check out the $Big Monster sprites in the RTP for an example) and adding ! will get rid of the pixel offset of the sprites.

By default a normal sprite sheet will be pushed up a few pixels to offer an offset so it looks more natural in the environment. Adding ! will align the bottom most pixels of the sprite with the bottom most line of the grid - usually used by treasure chests and doors in the RTP.

And adding both !$ or $! will allow a one-sprite sheet to ignore the default offset - Gate 1 or 2 in the RTP, for example.

Oh wow, thanks. I didn't know any of that.
KrimsonKatt
Gamedev by sunlight, magical girl by moonlight
Make the size of the full sprite sheet bigger but make sure both the X and Y sizes are a multiple of 384 (x) and 256. (y)
Pages: 1