RESOURCE MUSEUM

I've been trying to convert some Rudra tilesets in to VX ace format, and so far it's going moderately well. Mostly right now I'm just swapping out pallettes on the forest set and mixing in a few town sets, who knows if I'll keep up interest but anyone who wants to use and experiment with these is welcome to.

Btw, I don't have a clue how to use the animated autotiles. Does anyone have a good tutorial (preferably not on youtube, my internet situation is lame)? Vx ace is most certainly not ideal for these kind of graphics, but so far it's been going ok.

Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
I've been thinking about making a new side project for the past few weeks, but I've hit a snag...

Does anyone have most-to-all tileset and charset rips for Link's Awakening (strictly of the original black and white Gameboy)? Whether it comes in RM2k size or RMVX doesn't matter as I doubt the engine I make this game with will make much of a difference, though I would prefer RM2k just because it'd probably be easier.
Went through and did a few more, still been going at this. This is pretty basic work, but I hope if anyone is interested they use them (and perhaps give some feedback). I have mixed feeling about the Ace format, and I wonder if I'm going about the best way of importing these in to the maker. I have lots more of these in my locker, if any wants they can see some of the swaps I've been experimenting with.

Btw, if I remember I mostly culled these from Forever's End and Balmung Cycle, so credit is due to both creators.

Caz
LET'SBIAN DO THIS.
Christmas stuff, go! I made these, so feel free to use them for whatever.

And here is the (in)famous Rudra castle and stone village set. I'll tell you, these graphics may be overused as crap, but I still think the stone village set is really, really pretty.

Up for 2014: Interior Sets!
A Live-A-Live style backdrop made with refmap and Theodore chipstes

Demon King's Castle

Live-A-Live VX Charsets
Oersted

Strawbow

Alicia

Uranus

Hash
I don't remember where I got the original image but I found a cool PNG of chat bubbles. Unfortunately I didn't know how to use them because they weren't in animation sized frames for VX Ace. So I made some!

They work really well if you wait 3 frames between swapping images. Also if you use them to make an animation make sure the image properties on each frame is set to "normal" otherwise the engine blends them to look transparent and bad. Just thought I'd post these before I passed out it's 5 am here :o

Edit: I now realize how dumb this was, because there's a command for using the default emotes, but hey these show up differently so not a total waste.
Can anyone direct me to a complete replacement set of item/effects icons for VX Ace? I'm using the High Fantasy Resource Pack and the original icons clash too much with it for my tastes.
author=hereisnowhy
Can anyone direct me to a complete replacement set of item/effects icons for VX Ace? I'm using the High Fantasy Resource Pack and the original icons clash too much with it for my tastes.

Is this the resource pack you're talking about?
http://resources.rpgmakerweb.com/high-fantasy-resource-pack/

All I've found so far in terms of icons so far are reskins of the default set by Timmah and a few other bits and pieces including swords etc. They're all similar to the default icon styles though. There aren't any item/effect icon sets included with that?
author=Sigrosa
author=hereisnowhy
Is this the resource pack you're talking about?
http://resources.rpgmakerweb.com/high-fantasy-resource-pack/

All I've found so far in terms of icons so far are reskins of the default set by Timmah and a few other bits and pieces including swords etc. They're all similar to the default icon styles though. There aren't any item/effect icon sets included with that?

Some of the tileset items could be used, but I'd have to combine them into one icon set and I can't do that without losing transparency.
Some of my old resources :)

FF2 DoS Altair tileset

System sets:

author=Little Wing Guy

All ready for use.

Those look AWESOME. I think I'll use those for the cook off game I'm conside-

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!

I can't make it work! *facedesk* I can't make it get rid of the black backgrounds!

author=Little Wing Guy

The mechs from the same post work, and I will likely use them too, but the cool poses... I can't make the black go away...I even tried saving it as a PNG, but even if I select the black to be transparent it won't go away...

Dammit. :(
author=Aegix_Drakan
author=Little Wing Guy

All ready for use.
Those look AWESOME. I think I'll use those for the cook off game I'm conside-

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!

I can't make it work! *facedesk* I can't make it get rid of the black backgrounds!

Most likely the image hosting service converted the picture to .jpg - .jpg is a lossy compressed format, the messed up, non-uniform colors are sign of the compression. There's no point in cleaning this up, since the character gfx are a mess because of this - ask the author to host the resource someplace else, or send it to you directly. :)
Hi Everyone. I've gone through and edited a few more of these for VX Ace. As usual credit goes to the creator of Balmung Cycle of whoever ripped the original rm2k3 tilesets floating around the net.

Here's the famous Brasnir tree ship

This is the games final dungeon.

I ripped these myself. I've only ripped select elements, but they look pretty nice.

And here's the Temple Facade, featuring an impressive doorway.

And these here I'm pretty proud of. Remember the sterile lunar environment at the end of Rza's chapter in Rudra? I've gone through and ripped as many of the graphics as I can for it. Note that the last sheet, besides the huge antenna, is mostly animations, blinking lights and such arranged vertically. Hopefully it should be pretty easy figure out, though I make no claim to have made these sheets intuitive or well-organized.

benos
My mind is full of fuck.
http://www.gdunlimited.net/forums/topic/6482-monsterpack-you-might-enjoy/

RMXP monster pack. You properly can use it for VX-Ace too.
if you (and/or Thalzon) where here i'd hug you both until something broke!

i was looking for some more battlers to use and this is as good as perfect!

author=tpasmall
http://www.rpgmakervx.net/index.php?showtopic=47000These are the Battlers I'm using for my game, Thalzon does great work and even takes requests. My final boss sprite is being done by him, I honestly couldn't recommend anyone better.
Some resources I did for 2k3.

Monster:

Animation:

BASE:

Regular:

Backdropanorama:

Chipset:
(warning: The walls are 24 pixels high.)

System/2

Therms of use are at their thread.
http://rpgmaker.net/forums/topics/12767/

:3c