RESOURCE MUSEUM

Isn't Odin Sphere a little fresh to be cannibalizing?
Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
Max McGee does, very occasionally, take a break from constantly asking for things in Help & Requests to give something back to the community.

This link contains every single texture used in Silent Hill 1, ripped and formatted for your convenience. I can take no credit for it, though...credit goes to Dr. Kaufman, the handle that the chick who runs Alchemilla Hospital--a venerable Silent Hill fan sight--goes by.

There is surprisingly a lot of stuff in there that could be used in 2D engines like RPG Maker with a tiny touch of tweaking. Apparently, on a technical level, the textures used in SH1 are closer to RM2k3 than to modern 3D games, which surprised me. But anyone remotely interested in making a horror game or a game with any horror elements should take a look. Tons and tons of images for you to plunder here. : )
Yellow Magic
Could I BE any more Chandler Bing from Friends (TM)?
Don't know if these have been posted yet, but I've found Roco character sets to go with the famous facesets (the latter link includes expressions and has a few sprites thrown in too).
Adon237
if i had an allowance, i would give it to rmn
Ok, I have a HUGE VX Iconset. I think it's around 2 1/2 MB, it's an interlaced PNG image. It has the Melody icons, and many more. It's around 7680 pixels in height, and I just assembled it for my own use (I did not make any of these) and there you go.

I should have scaled it, but I wasn't thinking about that.
If you are the author of any of the icons in this iconset and do not want it displayed, please tell me so I can remove them.
Scourge
I used to make games. I still do, but I used to too.
For all VX users out there: this site is awesome.
http://momope8.blog67.fc2.com/
It's got all of the FSM characters in chibi format, a boatload of downs, RTP and otherwise, and some of the RTP characters in MACK format.
Also has a few original characters and pose sets for RTP characters.
Enjoy!
There's this as well: http://blog-imgs-27.fc2.com/t/o/r/toriaka/kao_vx.html
Has some cool chibiesque facesets that match the RTP and EBTsukuru releases.
This is a character sprite I made before I started using RPG Maker VX. It doesn't fit with the enhanced graphics in VX so I figured I'd post it here if anyone wanted to use it. No credit needed.

This is an edit of the two headed dragon from one of the final fantasy games. No credit needed, just do not use in commercial games as it is copyrighted by square. Enjoy!
author=Ben_Random
author=kitten2021
author=Ben_Random
author=Yellow Magic
Just buy it, you cheapskate!
I'm not asking for it to be posted online, just some feedback on the product. I wanna know if it's worth buying.
Its not worth $30, Ben, but it was a good buy at $20. The best thing provided was the monsters, they are awesome. The charset is also a great addition; however, the chipset is lacking in some places (this is solvable by mixing some of your own chipset's and this one together, did wonders for me once I did that). But, again, like I said, all in all, it was worth it for the $20 you can spend on it.
Thanks Kitten.

Tch I was too late to say it's not worth it. I tested all the chips and sprites and NOTHING BLENDS at all aside from a very few. It felt like a mashup of graphics from different sources than an RTP pack
A couple battle backgrounds I made. Nothing special, just figured I'd share whatever I do. As always, no credit needed.

Adon237
if i had an allowance, i would give it to rmn
Using. I will credit you. :3
Put together a couple more of these. I'm mostly using the RTP tileset so I'm a little limited in what I can do. But I'm hoping as time goes on I get a little more fancy with these.

I hope these help Lol.

*removed*

Are we allowed to rip them and post them here?

author=Scourge
For all VX users out there: this site is awesome.
http://momope8.blog67.fc2.com/
It's got all of the FSM characters in chibi format, a boatload of downs, RTP and otherwise, and some of the RTP characters in MACK format.
Also has a few original characters and pose sets for RTP characters.
Enjoy!
There's this as well: http://blog-imgs-27.fc2.com/t/o/r/toriaka/kao_vx.html
Has some cool chibiesque facesets that match the RTP and EBTsukuru releases.

Something a lot of people don't realize is that EVERY Roco faceset was made for and intended to be used with it's already existing charsets. At first, Roco made them for the original Mac and Blue charsets (RTP style, and labeled as charaxx) before she started to make her own charsets.

Most people simply think that she produced just facesets for people to match up themselves.
Here are some various sprite edits I've been working on that I'm pretty proud of. Feel free to use. I haven't yet.
The One with blue hair reminds me of barbotoes.
Another VX battleback, inside of a ship:

Similar to the other ship battleback, but this is a ship that's been attacked.

Does anyone have those MnB/Refmap modern city chipsets? Some of the pieces were blatanly based off Theo tiles. It was in the main help/resource topic, but that site, along with all of its terrific refmaps edits of different time periods (egypt, japan, modern city) is down. Greatly appreciate if anyone has them.
Here's some that I uploaded.

Refmap Wato

Mostly Wato stuff.
Thanks man, I knew someone had to have it.