USE PERMISSIONS FOR OFFICIAL REMIXES?

Pages: 1
BurningTyger
Hm i Wonder if i can pul somethi goff here/
As some of you may know, I had a big hand in remixing the Midi soundtrack for the canceled Final Fantasy Essence game. There are a few tracks i think would work well in Wyrm Warriors, but do I need the permission of the original Midi's creators- whose identities I don't always know-to submit them for use here? It's kind of fuzzy, especially since one of the composers specifically asked their music be taken out of the original now-defunct game,but did allow me permission to share on Youtube. IT just seems rather fuzzy in this case, unlike a fan remix... Considering Waluigi's RTP remixes have made it in, I'd think it would be OK, (As would my Guardian of Paradise remixes) but would like a bit of advice.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
So people made the sountrack specifically for FF Essence? In a case like that, where the music was made for a specific purpose rather than just released on ocremix or something, even I would say to ask for permission first (and I'm the game design = human instrumentality project guy).
BurningTyger
Hm i Wonder if i can pul somethi goff here/
author=TungerManU
Can't disagree here - you better not risk it, putting the whole game in danger just for a few tracks. If you can't contact the original composer, just leave it like that, nothing can be done.
Though you don't really have to listen to me. I'm not a musician.
I probably will contact some of them at some point, but yes, not abig deal.
Pages: 1