[RPG MAKER 2003] GAME OVER SCREEN CHANGE?

Pages: 1
Is it possible to change the game over screen to a different one through the game commands ?

Am I able to use different game over screens or does it have to be just ONLY 1 through the whole game.
Go to the System Tab in the Database and you should be able to pick both title and game over screens there. Of course, you need to have added a title/game over screen to the appropriate folders in the game folder (where-ever you have that saved).

Oh, but if you're trying for multiple endings with different game over screens for them, the best way to do this is to have a custom death event and add a picture before the game over screen, then just have a black game over screen so it'll only show the picture as the game over. For example, if you're making a horror game where you die via a fall, in the fall event that causes the death add the appropriate image for that death scene and then use the 'game over' command after the image is shown. You can customise it by making the initial game over music nothing, and changing the music to suit the death, too, not just the image.
I was trying for the second option ouo<3
Thanks.

What if im just using the original battle system and what if the user loses in a battle?

Should I call a switch to show a picture and then command:game over.
Rave
Even newspapers have those nowadays.
I haven't use 2k3 in a while but I'm pretty sure there was an option in DB to execute common event instead of showing gameover screen.

Here it is (sorry, it's Polish translation of 2k3, but you should be able to locate option by it's position):

And for second option, it's better to do something like this:

<>show picture GameOver
<>change BGM gameover
<>wait for keypress
<>go to title

That'll totally emulate how GO works and you could spark it up with few effects. Having black game over screen after picture will just look unprofessional.
I found this when searching my issue. Would the second option of making a custom death event work for VX Ace too? Or would it only work with 2003?
I recommend making your own thread in the future, but making your own custom game over would probably work the same in Ace. It would depend on how your game plays, though. If it's got battles and you want custom game overs based on dying in battle, there's an option if you use evented battles (that is battles that are events instead of random encounters) to have the event still run afterwards. You might need to quickly restore status then have whatever game over event for that death you want to run be called.

If you want random encounters to spawn different deaths, you'll have to do some in-battle eventing.

If, however, it's a horror game where interacting with things or events will get you killed, it's a lot more just calling up the game over screen. You can even change which game over screen you can show, if you have multiple.
Pages: 1