FIRST SEED MATERIAL / REFMAP GONE; RESOURCE RECOVERY OPERATION GO!

Pages: first prev 123 next last
KingArthur
( ̄▽ ̄)ノ De-facto operator of the unofficial RMN IRC channel.
While I haven't actually checked, the Wayback Machine usually doesn't archive any downloads. It archives the pages and any associated files (like pictures), but any downloads are a hit-or-miss affair, and they usually are the latter.

Now you might be thinking "if it saves pictures then it's all there", and you would be wrong. FSM distributed all its resources in self-extracting archives, so any pictures on FSM's pages were just sample shots/screenshots that are unsuitable for actual use.

That said, I already provided the bulk of what was available at FSM, and people from both here and RPGMakerWeb have provided most of the resources that were missing. As stated in the OP I think we're just missing Ume's facesets right now.

With any luck though, FSM might come back. We just have to wait and hope for the best.
Rave
Even newspapers have those nowadays.
Main site (tekepon.net) gives following error:
ドメインウェブの設定が見つかりません

考えられる原因

ドメインウェブの設定がまだ行われていない。
ドメインウェブの設定がまだ反映されていない。(反映には数時間~24時間かかることがあります)
ドメインウェブ・DNSの設定が誤っている。
アカウントが存在しない、契約が終了している、削除されている。

which according to Google translate means
Set of web domain can not be found

Possible Causes

Set of web domain has not yet been performed.
Set of web domain is not reflected yet. (It may take a few hours to 24 hours to reflect)
Set of domain web · DNS is incorrect.
Account does not exist, the contract has been completed, it is removed.

So yeah, pretty much dead.
KingArthur
( ̄▽ ̄)ノ De-facto operator of the unofficial RMN IRC channel.
Yeah, it's been saying that for a bit over a week now.

author=KingArthur
06/17:
tekepon.net returning a "domain error" (bad DNS settings?) as opposed to the Coreserver 403 page that used to be returned. tekepon.net/fsm/ returns a 404 error as well.

No idea whether this is a good sign or not, just have to wait and see.
Rave
I think it died, unfortunately. If it would be DNS problems, it'd be fixed by now. Look and last option:
Account does not exist, the contract has been completed, it is removed.

So probably someone didn't pay hosting/domain fees in time and so it went. I just hope that if it was accident (like forgetting about paying hosting or domain), FSM creators have site backup.

//edit: Anyone has contact info to FSM admins? E-mail addresses, ICQ numbers, etc.?
The community had so many resources outside of what the main download had. It's too bad it's gone. Wayback has been no help in checking up on the community forum resources.
I downloaded a bunch of stuff off the FSM site a while back and I think I have the Ume facesets you're missing. I also have a bunch of alternate-color character sets that I don't think are in any of the archives uploaded here.

The Face sets
The Characters
For those using FSM/REFMAP materials (includes Mack tiles, right?), what credit information are you including? I would suppose a link to the site no longer makes sense.
Rave
And now tekepon.net turned into one of those ugly ad sites...
iddalai
RPG Maker 2k/2k3 for life, baby!!
Click here > FSM REFMAP
Being the resource hoarder that I am, in this .7z file you'll find around 1500 FSM files divided by type and theme:

Conditions of use.txt in English

Charsets
Binded people
Bird - Butterfly
Castle People 1
Castle People 2
Castle Town People
Country People
Emotional
Fairy - Nymph
Generic 1
Generic 2
Heroes
Heroes 2
Heroes dash
Livestock - Pets
Monsters
Mountain People
Oasis Town People
Objects
Poor Village People
Port Town People
Port Town People 2
Priesthood - Services
Seafaring Men
Custom (several)

Chipset
Castle
Castle Town
Cave Dungeon
Country Town
Flourishing Port Town
Lava Dungeon
Mountain Village
Oasis Town
Poor Village
Port Town
Ship
Verdurous Road
Wilderness Road
Other
Worldmap
Custom (several)

Faceset
Burai
Mack
mackie
RTP
Ume
Wacha
Misc

BattleCharSet
Various

Panorama
Various

First Seed Material VX
vx_chara
vx_map

I've also added the stuff I didn't have from the other users of this topic (and added them to the pack credits).

This file will remain on my locker until the golden gates of the internet inevitably close down.
Everyone here is an absolute life saver.

The FSM group were completely amazing. I don't suppose there's been any news on them or the site? Are they active on the internet at all, maybe on social media somewhere?

Thanks again for uploading everything here.
The license agreement came up on slack, so I'm posting it here for archival purposes. It's a little easier than going through wayback machine...

License Agreement

The free graphics in this section (hereinafter "our resources") were created by REFMAP.

You must read and agree to the terms and conditions before downloading our resources. Also, check out FAQ if you have any question(s).

Our Graphic data

All of our resources are free, without regard to your game is a shareware or a free-ware. Of course, you can also subscribe your game used our graphic data for a game contest.

Although our resources are for RPG Tkool 2000*1, you can use them for a original programming game, for your website, for a movie, for a screen saver, etc.

No special permission to use.

REFMAP and FSM does not take any responsibility of any damage caused by having used our material.

Rules of Usage

Although our resources are distributed as a free material, this does NOT mean "copyright abandoned". It only means "no charge to use" and "no need to ask our permission". All of the right of our graphic data is reserved by REFMAP.

When you use our resources, please indicate in READ ME file (or in somewhere a player can recognize) author name "REFMAP", URL of this website (http://www.tekepon.net/fsm) and mention of using the resources of REFMAP in your game. Moreover, please clearly forbid extracting image data and using them from your game.

Please write in your READ ME file like this:

"Some (All) of graphic data in this software are free game resources distributed by REFMAP(http://www.tekepon.net/fsm).
You must not use the graphic data which is in this software, for the purpose except playing this game. When you want to get these resources, go to the website above."

What we forbid

NEVER sell our graphic data without regard to alerted resources or not. (You can sell your game in which use our resources, but DON'T sell our resources themselves. You can alter our graphic data and distribute alerted one on your website as free resources, but don't sell them even if they looks completely original).

NEVER distribute secondly. (Don't make our data be able to download in other websites. We don't affiliate any game resources posting websites.)

When you want alter the resources

You can use these resources to alter. (Ex: change colors or hairstyle, add weapon, etc.)

When you alter our resources, you can distribute them on your website or our "Material Database" as long as they are free game resources. (When you distribute altered resources, please write clearly under them that this material changes the REFMAP's free graphics for games, and our URL).

Caution:
Permission of alteration and distributing altered one is very unique among the game resources websites in Japan. Most of websites don't permit alteration, or permit alteration only making the user's game and don't permit to distribute altered graphics.
Please do not think other websites are the same just because we permit these act. Use of the material of other websites should follow the the policy of the site. ( It is often seen that the game resources on the website in Japan being redistributed without the author's permission. Please do not do such a thing.)

FSM and REFMAP does not take any responsibility of any damage caused by distribution of the secondary processed material, or not approved (no changed material) distribution.

Required Change to redistribute

In order to redistribute our graphic data, it is required to add some change that everyone can recognize it is alerted.

*1 :
"RPG Tkool" series is the registered trademark of ASCII,Inc. and ENTERBRAIN,Inc. The companies do not approve the software called "maker" series ("RPGMaker2K", "RM95", etc.) distributed by the illegal act, and so we forbid use of our resources for such software.

It should probably be revised but not sure in what way or who would have the rights to do so. After all, asking people to go to the website for the resources themselves, when the website is dead, would be pointless.
Hullo - I came to this site in search of the one true FSM REFMAP file, which iddalai seems to have curated inasmuch as such a thing exists. I've been working on an RPG using C# and as such I had a desire to slightly modernize the assets by converting all of them to PNG and encoding the transparent color. The outputs of the conversion script look pretty good so far, and I was curious if anyone would be interested in those assets - maybe hosted on iddalai's locker next to the original FSM REFMAP resources?
I was thinking, do we have all the vx tilesets they made?
1. Do these materials inherit any licensing from enterbrain, like materials based on default rpg maker materials do?

2. If I come across modified REFMAP materials on web and person that modified them has not specified terms of use, should I assume terms are the same as for originals?
Sailerius
did someone say angels
If the site is gone, can you be sure that the creator still allows the resources to be used?
author=Sailerius
If the site is gone, can you be sure that the creator still allows the resources to be used?
Yes. There are ways to have let others know about a change, especially when the community (there were forums with the site) was still lively just before the site downed. There are more ways to let people know not to use resources any more if Mack decided to do so but it wasn't done - Theodore, for example, came back after a long time to pull his chips from use. It doesn't take much to post a tweet or tumblr or reddit post saying "do not". He hasn't so it's pretty much go for it unless he does.

author=Rodziel
1. Do these materials inherit any licensing from enterbrain, like materials based on default rpg maker materials do?

2. If I come across modified REFMAP materials on web and person that modified them has not specified terms of use, should I assume terms are the same as for originals?
Enterbrain has nothing to do with the Mack/REFMAP tiles. They can be used in any engine.

Edits should fall under the base term of use, but it's best to actually ask the person who made the edits if you can use. Courtesy goes a long way.

Also make sure they are edits and not pieces created by that person to fit the general style (such as the custom stuff in Ara Fell, for example, which was made to fit the REFMAP style but are original pieces and belong to the person who created them).
Yellow Magic
Could I BE any more Chandler Bing from Friends (TM)?
author=Liberty
Theodore, for example, came back after a long time to pull his chips from use.

Sorry, slightly off-topic but when did this happen? *Prepares resource culling operation*
Magi
Resident Terrapin
At least 6 years ago, but I think it's closer to 8. If you already have the graphics on your hard drive and aren't planning on making a commercial game, I wouldn't be too concerned about removing any Theodore resources from your project.
Pages: first prev 123 next last