MAKING A GAME THAT'S PURPOSELY "BAD"(YMMV)

Pages: first prev 12 last
I made a joke game in a day that's more liked than most of my other games. That kinda depresses me a little, I won't lie.

XD
Make a dragon ball game...
95% is a terrible.
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
I stay away from joke rpgmaker games. They just can't be funny enough to be worth the time.
There's like sooo many other outlets of comedy I'd rather do than play a amateur joke game of all things.

I've made joke games for my friends and family, because they got every joke and it was usually pretty nasty or hurtful to people we hated, so it was funny to us.
But to make a joke game for a general audience?
Naah...
I just heard about this the other day and it sounds hysterical. Anybody played it?
author=InfectionFiles
I stay away from joke rpgmaker games. They just can't be funny enough to be worth the time.
There's like sooo many other outlets of comedy I'd rather do than play a amateur joke game of all things.

I've made joke games for my friends and family, because they got every joke and it was usually pretty nasty or hurtful to people we hated, so it was funny to us.
But to make a joke game for a general audience?
Naah...
There are good comedy games...
BUt it cannot be appeal...
Its my favorite genere.

Lucas Arts and NIS make good games of this style too.
Monkey Island, Day of Tentacle, Disgaea, Makai Kingdon, Zentai Hero Project.

author=Darken
joke games are unfunny and boring. it is the same joke repeated ad naseum and if you're watching something intentionally bad you're already in on the joke and the creators are in on the joke so whats the point. it's the same punchline too "oh hahaha i added in no effort that's funny right"

the "chrono trigger" game basically stole the idea from "final fantasy 7" lp'd by some dude. it's the same punch line.
I think i make a small comedy game...to learn how to use rpgaker VX Ace and for all review the game, if like, i can think to translate my real game to english.

---

I thinked in this morning, is a small game...

The name will be:

"Beard"

Is a tale of a man, fatigued with mans of this world.
The mans of our world is turning cowards, fragile and emos, the womans has taking our position and turning in feminist. The fragile womans of the past are turning in warriors in our world, games and animes, and losing their femility.

And our savior, "Beard" has discovered the reason, the mans are cuting their facial hair....like a feminist, the Beard is engaging in a cause to make all mans make their beards and mustache grow, turning more manly, to represent decently the position of a man in this society of chaos.

In the journey he will want buy a weapon in the shop and meet the "Bazooka", a guy who sell all EXP he got in black market to buy a bazooka and missiles, to win all combats. He will be forever stuck in level one, but he doen's use trash weapons like swords, he is a lazy boy to invest points turning in a level 99 character, he prefer to win all battle with his new bazooka.
... might sound harsh, but I am not interested in games that look like there was like not even a little effort put in the development. ._.
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
Yeah, there is a difference between a joke game and a game that is just intentionally bad trying to be funny.
I wouldn't waste my time on a game that is shitty on purpose!
Making good bad things is more difficult than making bad "good" things. It takes a lot of skill to be so-bad-it's-good. But good luck.

As an example, this doesn't happen by accident:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQe8iXqpFgk
Pages: first prev 12 last