TILE POSSIBLE ONLY FOR EVENTS (VX ACE)

Pages: 1
Can particular tile be made passible only for events?

If I turn on 'through' on events then they would go through everything.
You can do this a few ways, actually.

The first is making the tile itself an event by adding it to a sprite set. Then you have switches change it back and forth from being Same as Hero/Below Hero/Above Hero.

Another way is if you're using a move event, have it change hero to Start Through and after the movement, Stop Through. You do have to remember to make the Stop Through each time, though.

If you're having a lot of these small tiles that will change on a map you might want to go the last route - have two different Tilesets and swap them out each time - both exactly the same except that one one the tiles are set to one layer and on the other, the tiles are set to the other.

But yeah, only use the last method if there's a lot of the tile on a larger map and instead I'd recommend the sprite/event method (#1).
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
I'm hoping reading this very much stream-of-consiousness blog will help you.
The events that need to move through the tiles have a their own looping move routes with a few things governing the route. Sometime they chase the player and sometimes they move at random, but they are constantly on the move. I need tiles that would allow the events to move through them whenever they need to, but act as a wall when the player tries to move through them.

So I need them to allow other events whenever need be, while never allowing the player. It needs to work for all events, because the game may end up having many other events with looping routes whose routes may be governed by many conditions.
You could have them set up as events and have other events just ahead of them that will turn them impassable when the hero steps on them, then events just behind those that will turn them back to their natural, passable state when the hero backs away.

Or same thing with chipset switch instead of turning on/off. That would save event amounts if you've a large map with lots of them.

Hell, you could set up one event that checks for hero x/y and when they get close to the tile, switch out.

The only issue with this would be that if one of the events that is supposed to be allowed to walk through decided to be on that tile when the change occurs, they would be stuck until it got changed back.

Maybe a script would help you.
SunflowerGames
The most beautiful user on RMN!

Set the event to through... But to make sure the player can't go through it you could:

1) Use Yanfly script: One of his field scripts that uses regions to restrict player or npc movement.

2) Have a control switch near the wall.

3) Use variables to track the player's movement and the position of the wall.

The first option is the easiest.
You know what. I am just going to make the player die if they ever cross the specific tiles. Will teach them to never walk into one of those.

A compromise, does not feel as realized as before, but beneficial overall.

Irrelevant info down below. You do not have to read it.

With all other methods there is a good chance things would go wrong, such as stuck events as mentioned. There is not telling how many of these tiles I may require per level, the number of tiles used will vary according to the balance needed, which may as well be governed by 5 different mechanics at this points. Boy do I love this project.

Thanks and adios.
Actually, kory's idea for using the Yanfly script is really good. I forgot it existed. Basically it's set to whatever region you put down and depending on it you can change who/what can walk on that spot and it's not hard to set up. You can just plop that one region on any tile you don't want the hero to walk on (but flag it as allowing events to do so) and just ignore it - the hero will not be able to walk on that region (hence that tile).

I use it to limit places where the hero can walk but events can't so that they don't get in the way of one-space doors, but it can be done opposite. You don't have to worry about changing events, it's as simple as change the region of that tile to the one you want (no Hero/yes events) and bang, done for the rest of the game.
The script does not work. I do not know what I am doing wrong. The npc restrict works, but the player restrict works the same way as all restrict. Sometimes even after I delete the notes completely it still acts like I am using the script, I then have to delete the script entirely to make it stop. :(
I'll have a look and see if I can fudge up a version that should work for you, okay? ^.^
Pages: 1