RMN GAMMA WORLD RPG

Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
As the team enters the building, and Shadow takes a taste of the clearly fresh paint; it becomes readily apparent that someone is home. You can hear pots and pans clattering above.
Shadow is able to spit out what paint he does not want to ingest, though for a cockroach, the paint may be a tasty toxic treat.
In the lobby of this lighthouse, you see a yellow raincoat hanging by the door, complete with rain hat. There is a life preserver hanging beneath it. On the floor you see a pair of big black rubber rain boots.
The room is circular, however, in the middle is a wide column of white painted cement; leaving you enough room to move two-wide around the room.
A solitary window overlooks the sea, and from the corner, you can see your boat drifting slowly away from the platform.
Under the window is a ledger, with a Blood Bird feather quill and an ink well. Around the back, you find a spool of rope (100ft) that is thick and weather worn. Aside from that, there are just a few sacks of potatoes, and little else.
Around the backside of the central column (opposite the front door) is a staircase entrance. The stairs spiral up and down. You can go up 1 floor or down 1 floor from here. There are no other exits or point of entry from inside.
Ech, paint, I'm actually not too fond of paint. Paint is not a good snack.

Uh, so someone's here, right? Should we go upstairs and say hi? P-perhaps we should check for some sort of security system first, or is it too late for that since we're, y'know, already inside? Would a lighthouse even have a security system? Hmm... Well, it's PROBABLY safe... okay, let's go and say hi to whoever's upstairs! Unless one of you wants to do something else?
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
You guys head inside, I'm gonna go back out and tie up our boat with that rope.
Those potatoes might be hiding a secret entrance. I'll go in and check to be sure.
Potatoes are used to hide secret entrances? I've never heard of something like that... hm, I suppose I'll just go upstairs... by myself then? Oh, that seems a tad bit dangerous... well, I'd like to have one of you guys with me! *sigh* I guess I'll wait for you two. Oh! I'll help you investigate those potatoes if you'd like, Ser! Though if we find a secret entrance we should go upstairs and ask whoever lives here if it's okay to go wherever that secret entrance leads to. He (or she) MAY not want us going in there after all, since it's secret!
Dudesoft
The potato sack does lead to a secret entrance way... And as you peel aside the heavy bags, you see it is much too tiny to fit through. Probably only a rat could. To confirm this, a curious rat pokes it's nose out. Freaked out by your appearance, it squeaks bloody murder and vanishes into the small hole.

Outside, the boat is luckily a short swim away. With a simple knot tied to the stern, Phase is easily able to bring the boat to safety. You find a cleat you hadn't noticed before to tie off at. However, nautical knits were never your strong suit, and you spend a few minutes making a ridiculously complicated mess. At least it's secure!
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
I re-enter and wait to see if Ser and Shadow go up or down.

Wait, is that seriously even a question? Unless this is the weirdest lighthouse ever, the interesting stuff is gonna be at the top. Ugh, whatever, I'll just follow them.
Well, considering the outside is painted like a candy cane, this COULD be the weirdest lighthouse ever... though I do think we should go up and say hello to whoever lives here! Hopefully they aren't dangerous or mean or anything...
Dudesoft
At the top of the spiral stairs, you come to a circular room entrance and another flight of stairs continuing up to another floor.

The circular room in the center is behind a closed door; behind which you can easily hear the sound of things being jostled around, a mug shatter, and drawers open.
There is also the faint scrambling of something across the floor. Claws, perhaps?
Is someone cooking? Sounds like it! Ooh, I bet they're making something delicious, something just really good, I wanna go see! I'm going in there right now!
LockeZ
You just do that.
I'll follow Wes, but I'll be sure to be ready for a fight in case its a dragon or something silly like that.
Dudesoft
The door creaks open. Another mug crashes to the floor, as a creature spins around in alarm.
It eyeballs the three of you, and squeaks, "Hey, hey! It's not ready yet, man! J-just wait a minute, will ya? My arms aren't as long as yours anymore! --wait a sec, you're not Norvacks men... W-w-w-what's the big idea, huh? Y-y-you just come bargin' in on any old place? This is a top secret laboratory, y'know? Y-y-y-you shouldn't go around busting in like that."
For a moment the creature wanders around making angry, exasperated gestures, and finally pauses to light a cigarette. After a small puff, the cigarette dangles between what could be called his hands as it burns out and he continues to ramble.
"I-I-I mean, what if, y'know, I was making a formula that could explode, huh? We'd all be blown to smitherines! W-w-what about that, huh? Or what if I was messin' about, the way I do, with Alpha Flux? W-w-who knows what would happen! I-I-I mean, y-you didn't even knock or anything! W-who does that?"
The creature looks like this:

The room at a quick glance appears to be a kitchen crossed with a living area. There is no bed, and further investigation will require a perception roll.
A-ah! I'm so sorry! Oh, I never think... I really SHOULD of knocked first, what's wrong with me... Please, excuse me! I'm sorry! Sorry, so sorry, really.

U-um, if you don;t mind me asking, do you... do you have any food? I'm sorry for barging in, really, I was just really hungry, me and my friends have been stuck on a boat for, oh, how long was it? A long while... Anyway, I'm sorry, I-I'll leave if you really want! please don't make me leave pleeaase I'm too hungry ;_;
Dudesoft
Roll for Interaction. (1d20 +/- Charisma Modifier)
13. Decent roll.
Dudesoft
(OOC) I was talking to my gamer friend, and apparently Ability Scores greatly affect characters. So, Shadow has 18 Charisma, that gives him a +4 on rolls, but it also means that his character is incredibly likeable. I hadn't thought of that! The way Wes is playing, it's like adorable child-like innocence... Everyone who would be affected by that would want to help the 'Lil guy out. Not that he's little...

In any event, I am going to re-read your character sheets and take things like this into account.

(OC)
Rolling his eyes, and tapping out his cigarette, the creature waddles over to the door. His claws tapping and scraping across the floor.
"Oh, never mind my manners, y-you're here now. Come on in, y'lugs. I-it's cool. The name's Professor Scrui. You can call me Scru! N-not much for food, b-but I can get'cha out of the chill. Th-there's a fireplace and s-s-some smoked haddock on the hearth. I-i-if you need anything to drink, the brandy is top notch of course. J-just leave me a nip or two. I've got a long day ahead of me."
(I'm adorable. 'Cuz Cockroaches are adorable as hell.)

"Oh, thank you! Thanks very much! Again, sorry for just barging in...
Um, if you don't mind me asking... what is, or uh, WHO are... "Norvack's men"? Who's Norvack? Oh I shouldn't ask you that, it has to do with, um, top secret stuff or something, doesn't it? Hmmm..."

If he doesn't want to answer that question, I won't bother him about it. It's probably not my business anyways... I suppose I'll go eat some of that smoked haddock (leaving plenty left for him of course) and see what he says, as well as seeing what Shade and Ser decide to do.